Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 04:22 PM        If the Country is addicted to oil...
Doesn't that make the Bush family Drug Lords?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM       
lol
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 05:58 PM       
I thought they were drug lords just based on the fact Sr. ran the CIA during the war on drugs yet more drugs than ever got into the country....
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:24 PM       
Whatever the Bushes say, think opposite...

Fighting war on drugs? More like stealing drugs from Noriega(sp) and funneling drugs into black neigherborhood.

Fighting terrorism? More like assisting and funding terrorists.

Economy is going great? More like the economy is declining.

Brownie doing a heckuva job?

I watched the SOTU last night and holy shit, the guy was lying from left to right. I would know cuz I'm deaf and have this wonderful ability to detect bullshit by reading their facial and body movements. Why ya think old people alway know whether people are bs'ing or not? Cuz their hearing declines as they age.
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:52 PM       
Some old guy I was talking to last night said that the U.S. probably has plenty of its own oil. The mentality is to use up everyone else's first. Starting with those you deem least important.

We've been finding and trying to maintain other natural resources so that our economies (and lives) wouldn't be highly dependent on oil as well.

We're paying more attention to our aluminum and gold. I don't know what Saudi's up to, and quite frankly I don't really give a damn. The money invested is going towards bigger and better military forces, since we all took what happeend to Iraq as a lesson. Qatar and Saudi have the biggest oil reserves in the world, probably, I can't see them ever running out before 2050 or so. Qatar is doing the smart thing by saving most of it, whereas Saudi keeps whoring it out.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:47 AM       
There's a big debate on what type of other natural resources we have. America loves it's Caribou! I think we're number 6 on the list of oil production...but number 1 in consumption.

Last I checked, the Mid-East wasn't our top supplier. Canada was! With Saudi next in line followed by ....Mexico. Venezuela gives us a shitload too. I'm pretty sure that all combined, we get most of our oil from outside the Mid-East .
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:01 AM       
I don't think it's so much a big deal as from whence WE get OURS as who is giving out the most. Obviously it's the most practical to get oil from the two nations that border us, but that is not to say we have no vested interests in who distributes oil to the rest of the world. Hegemony, remember?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:30 AM       
So you're not shocked we're actually doing something practical for once, oil wise? I think we have a load of interest in the Saudis pockets...but it's somewhat seperate from our nations own oil consumption.
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:18 AM       
Mocker

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 08:17 AM       
That chart only goes up to 2002, and shows that we're getting at least twice as much oil from outside the Persian Gulf, as we do from the Mid-East. I'm not entirely sure how to read it.... but from the same site....

Crude Oil Imports from the Persian Gulf (2002E): 2.25 million bbl/d (around 20% of total U.S. oil imports)
Top Sources of U.S. Crude Oil Imports (2002E): Saudi Arabia (1.52 million bbl/d); Mexico (1.49 million bbl/d); Canada (1.43 million bbl/d); Venezuela (1.20 million bbl/d)
http://www.geni.org/globalenergy/lib...es-of-america/

(No wonder you never link your sources)
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM       
Canada has as much oil, if not more, than the Middle East. We just don't know how to extract it efficiently.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:34 AM       
Let's not pretend that the US is the one nation addicted to oil -- all nations have a large demand, and te more impoverished states are merely increasing their demands as their economy grows annually (see: China).

Oil is a precious commodity, and the problems that exist with it are more on the supply-side concerning economic disparity and corruption of governments and nationaliation of the oil resources. Let's be honest with ourselves.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:55 AM       
Aside from the oil part, what does your point have to do with this thread. The President said we're addicted to oil. It's hhis analogy. Addiction is bad. Selling adictbles to the addicted for profit is immoral. The President families wealth is based on oil, which the President says we're addicted to.

THAT's what the thread is about. Just in case you were wondering.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:29 PM       
I think of Geggy as the BAPE of the politics forum.