Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

snake is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:16 AM        Bowling for Columbine
I thought it was excellent.

what do you Americans on the board think ?

to anti-american or just to anti-american gun control.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:33 AM       
It's sad that gun control is considered "anti-American".

NOTINAGAYWAY is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 11:48 AM        You bastards >:(
I really wanna see that. Any American who other Americans consider anti-American is my kind of American! WTF did I just say!?

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 08:38 PM       
Fuck Michael Moore. What a dumb asshole. I am personally opposed to firearms, especially handguns. The only use they have is to protect oneself, but tazers work just as well and are much safer. Have your rifles, because I suppose you have the right to hunt, but even rifles can be used to murder, which we have recently seen from the sniper attacks.
Now, although I oppose this, I still think Mike and his movies are retarded. He is the Rush Limbaugh of the left. He makes up facts, such as the KKK was created the same year as the NRA. Bullshit. And then he tries to have the viewer make some connection. Although the NRA is certainly somewhat conservative, to try to instill in people that they are African American lynching loathsome people, is just poor documentary, which I hesitate to call it. Along with this, Mike harasses unsuspecting K-Mart employees with gun control questions, and pretends that in Canada you can just waltz into anyone's door, which I'm sure any Canadian would deny. Then this fat asshole decides he can use his award speech, which he didn't deserve anyway, into some fucking anti-war speech. Instead of swaying the audience, he just looked like a fat, bitchy, ungrateful moron. Once again, I am opposed to this war, but Moore is a total moron, regardless.
He also fuels to this self-race loathing that I dislike. He writes books with titles such as, Stupid White Men, why the government sucks, or something moronic like that. I can't stand these people who try to harass their own race, just because some dumb hicks, hundreds of years ago, of Anglican descent, were horrible enough to enslave a whole race. I'm Greek motherfucker, I had nothing to do with African American slavery, the civil war, Jim Crow laws, or any other bad white influenced governmental decision. Don't blame it on all Caucasians, you stupid fatass. And another thing, Moore criticizes Americans for being ignorant consumers. This guy is the fattest motherfucker of them all. He is the epitome of an over privileged, overfed, and stupid white American. This guy is a total sensationalist moron, his views are good, but he executes them in a moronic hypocritical way.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 09:52 PM       
"the KKK was created the same year as the NRA."

No, he said the NRA was created the same year the KKK became an illegal terrorist organisation.

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:08 AM       
So what is this dumbass trying to say, that the NRA is a surrogate legal KKK? He's a moron regardless.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:16 AM       
These people aren't just morons: they're morons who are running our country right into the ground. Now figure out which group I'm talking about.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:41 AM       
"So what is this dumbass trying to say, that the NRA is a surrogate legal KKK?"

Yes, and he has a point.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
Plus why does a normal American really need a semi-automatic weapon?

aeQea is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:57 AM        Re: Bowling for Columbine

Last edited by aeQea : Feb 6th, 2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: ..
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:58 AM       
TO PROTECT THEIR FAMILY! EVERYONE NEEDS THEIR OWN M16!

Those fucking gun nuts scare me.

That was very funny. Well done.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 01:01 AM       
And you always notice that despite their claims the FBI seems to always end up killing them anyway? So what does having all those automatic guns mean?

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 01:30 PM       
No, the NRA is not a legal surrogate KKK. My friend's father is a member, which I think is stupid, but he is certainly not a violent racist, or a racist in any manner. The idea that NRA=watered down KKK is so ridiculosuly untrue that it makes me sick that people believe it. Another claim that Moore makes with little to no evidence to back it up, white Americans own guns because they fear blacks. I really hope that none of you actually buy into that bullshit. There are so many counter-cases to this made up fact of Moore's that it isn't even worth arguing that point.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:19 PM       
"white Americans own guns because they fear blacks."

Have you seen the film? You are complaining that Moore distorts fact, but you view of the film is even more distorted. Moore merely shows how the media has created a climate of fear, and the protrayal of "anger, black males" in the news media as being more violent, at least more often violent, is a true observation. He does not directly connect this to gun ownserhip, although if the news is telling you to be scared of all this crime thats happening then you may be more likely to buy a gun.

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 05:22 PM       
No, the fear that spawns from media does not cause people to run out and buy guns. The morons who fall for the media scares buy survival kits or Anthrax antidotes. I'd really like to see an actual study where after a crime was commited in a ghetto and broadcasted on the news that firearm sales went up. Sure, maybe a few do buy guns, but is it truthful or profound enough to add to a so-called documentary? Moore is a sensationalist who uses sketchy "facts" to wake-up those who are ignorant to fire-arm problems. I am already educated enough to know the dangers of these guns, and I don't need a hypocritical, moronic, fatss to reiterate this point. I feel that he is giving Americans a warped perspective of the nation's problems, and feel that his work could be much more tastefully and factually done.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 09:03 PM       
This link is for any loser who supports Micheal Moore. It completely and utterly destroys the movie.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 09:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbu Manowar
Plus why does a normal American really need a semi-automatic weapon?
To protect ourselves from King George.

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 11:26 PM       
Thanks number dude, that article did a hell of a better job at destroying Moore's fictitous film then I did. You really can't argue with its case.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 01:19 AM       
It still doesn't explain how there are 11000 gun deaths in America while most countries have about 100. There is something seriously fucked with those numbers.

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Tenebaum, are you retarded? We all know that America is a country full of homicidal gun maniacs, but Moore's film is sleazy in its endeavor to reveal this truth. That's the argument here.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
Sleaze?? In America?? Heaven Forfend!!

NOTINAGAYWAY is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 11:57 AM       
The NRA took my baby away!
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 04:27 PM       
[quote="DrewKatsikas"]No, the NRA is not a legal surrogate KKK. My friend's father is a member, which I think is stupid, but he is certainly not a violent racist, or a racist in any manner.quote]

The point is that many of the members of the KKK seem to have founded the NRF. Nobody says anything about people joining today being clansmen.

As for the film itself: While I agree with Moore's ideas and his stand on weapons and contemporary politics, I disagree with the way he put the documentary together. It was manipulative and there are a lot of half-truths in the mix. And while I think Heston is a jacksass, I think the ending was tasteless.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 05:01 PM       
[quote="pjalne"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKatsikas
No, the NRA is not a legal surrogate KKK. My friend's father is a member, which I think is stupid, but he is certainly not a violent racist, or a racist in any manner.quote]

The point is that many of the members of the KKK seem to have founded the NRF. Nobody says anything about people joining today being clansmen.
Well, too bad you're wrong. The NRA was founded by Union officers after the Civil War. One of its Presidents (maybe the first) was Ulysses S. Grant. One of his most famous pieces of legislation was passing the Klan Acts, which all but wiped out the KKK.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 05:14 PM       
My mistake then, unless anyone else knows otherwise.