Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 01:43 AM        Zionism.
Kevin : "Last I recall we ended our discussion on a disagreement, I said that Zionism as defined by Herzl and others was greatly enforced by nationalism. "

Zionism and Herzl are not exclusive, yet you and others constantly use the term as some sort of code, or to suggest a mindset. It IS nationalism, but not in this dark conspiratory manner that you suggest. If you've ever talked about Zionists as a single united body you are speaking with bigotry. If you ever have talked of Zionists being responsible for specific events, as a united body, or idealogy, then you are misinformed and speaking with a bigoted tongue. Herzl was one voice of many key to the creation of the Zionist movement...a movement designed to provide Jews with a secular homeland. The Zionist movement is incredibly diverse in comparison to something like the African Nationalist movement which rarely gets blamed for instigating tensions in a region full of turmoil in it's own right. It gets singled out in a way that other naionalist movements, or religious homelands never do. That's wrong. When you interject Zionism out of topic, it's code. You're speaking of Jews. Yo're shifting responsibility on an ethnic group. The same people who point fingers whenever someone is being ethnocentric are often the first ones out with scathing remarks about Zionism with this notion that there is a "secret history" to expose. A dark side. A difference between Zionism and zionism. You're misinformed, and unapologetic... and it makes everything else you say about the region just that much more scary, especially when you turn and call others racist.

So I challenge anyone on this board to defend their stance on Zionism. I'm not going to go back into the archives to search and quote every instance of debate involving the term, but if you've said some borderline shit, then chances are you already know who you are... let's hope you're not too lazy this time to stand up for your stance.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:54 PM       
most any religious fundamentalism mixed with nationalism is very frightening to me but im too lazy to go into it.
Mocker

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 01:31 AM       
Zionism isn't exclusive to religious fundamentalism. At least you admitted you're lazy.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:50 AM       
did you only read half of my statement?

i said 'most ANY religious fundamentalism' mixed with nationalism is scary.. not zionism specifically but i certainly see plenty of zionism that qualifies as such. and i'm more busy than lazy.. i just don't have a lot of time to go into it ..
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 12:48 PM       
This is why I don't join causes. You get people who take it waaaaaaay too seriously. That and you have the trendy assholes who don't know what the fuck they are talking about and give it a bad name.
Mocker

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 02:06 PM       
Ranxer - I read your post in full. The topic was Zionism, and your comments were made in part regarding Zionism right?

If you associate Zionism with religious fundamentalism then your understanding of it is pretty narrow to non-existant.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 02:15 PM       
Are you trying to pin people down as antisemites based on their definition of zionism?