Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM       
Played a bit InFamous 2, so far really good, feels but 1.5 instead of 2 but I don´t care.

Also got Dante´s Inferno for a few bucks and White Knight Chronicles 2 (which comes with the first one on the disc...nice bonus). I´ve never played the first one but with so few JRPGs this generation, I can´t be too choosy.

Oh and Dragon Quest 6 for my dear old mother, she loves the series for some reason
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM       
oh i remember dante's inferno so many cheap deaths

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 12:50 AM       
Finally tried out Super Stardust HD. Enjoying it so far.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 04:13 AM       
Picked up Alice at midnight, amongst the Duke Nukem neckbeards (more on that in a bit.)
First thing that happens when I take it home: My FUCKING DISC DRIVE IS BROKEN AND WON'T OPEN. It plays the game inside it just fine, but won't let a new one in.
I registered it to get it fixed, and surprise; the warranty expired three years ago. Fucking great. I might just save up and buy a new damn xbox; I've been wanting a new model anyways.

As for the Nukem neckbeards: I was waiting around for midnight, so I could grab Alice. I played the demo of Duke Nukem, which was kind of fun, but way too loud. The place was full of guys who I've never even seen in the Gamestop before; they were all being loud, some of them were very... unhygienic, which is a huge peeve of mine, and were bugging the employees with their fedoras and 'I'M SUCH A COOL BRO' attitude.
What really took the cake was when midnight struck, each of them proclaimed 'BALLS OF STEEL FOR (insert console here).' Really? That's not even goddamn funny. When I stepped up and asked for Alice, several of them were telling me shit like "You didn't order Nukem? What's wrong with you?". One guy even asked me "Are you gay or something, bro?"
Swear to God, I don't think I've given someone the evil eye as hard as I did then. I put up with their shit, and then get called gay for not buying the UBER-MANLY game? Fuck them. They got me ranting on the internet.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 04:36 AM       
the disc drives are supposed to be cheap and easy to fix
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM       
Yeah they are. Hell you could probably just pull the damn thing open. Whats the worst that can happen? You break it and have to install a new one? Your practically there anyway.

The neckbeards though. You should have told him you were just going to wait for him to sell it back in a week and buy it at half price used. Then beat it yourself in a week to return it for a full refund.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:57 AM       
I want Alice so bad. :O
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:15 AM       
That's amazing LS.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM       
WHY DIDNT YOU BUY DUKE YOU BIG FAG
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM       
Probably because the demo made him throw up a little

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jun 14th, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM       
GOSH GUYS I JUST WANTED TO PRETEND I WAS A GIRL WHILE I PLAYED MY VIDEO GAMES
But from what I played of it at my friend's, it's pretty awesome. The environments are great, and the combat is very fluid.
I've heard some people reviewing it say that the combat is fluid and comfortable, but doesn't try anything new. What the hell is up with that? Is it suddenly not enough for a game to have a working combat system? Now every game has to introduce a completely new concept of gameplay? It's like your kid getting and A on a test, and getting mad at him for not getting an A+.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM       
I never played the original Alice because I never had a not-shitty PC until a year ago when I finally built my own.

I have a feeling the original didn't age well, but I really want to play the new one. Goddammit.

Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 12:38 AM       
Fixed my 360; dunno what I did. I jiggled a paperclip around inside it, and it started working. Whatever; as long as it works.
That said, I've been playing Alice all day, and holy fuck this is a long-ass game. I've put in at least five hours, and it says I've gotten through 1/3 of the game. Mind, I've also been crawling around trying to find all the secrets and stuff, but I figure if you're NOT doing that, you're playing it wrong.
Also, the game has dresses you unlock as you go, and it's a long-established fact that when you add any, ANY, sort of costume choices, then fuck fuck FUCK I will spend forever deciding what looks best.
Spoilers!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:00 AM       
It depends. What do the dresses look like?
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
It depends. What do the dresses look like?
Can't find any pictures of them yet. My favorite is the Steam Dress; moderately steampunk-ish and cool. I just got the Kimono dress, which is second best. d=Dunno about the others, but there are downloadable dresses which I am considering, since they give gameplay bonuses.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 02:47 AM       

I like the chess dress.
drifting in the void
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 03:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Swear to God, I don't think I've given someone the evil eye as hard as I did then. I put up with their shit, and then get called gay for not buying the UBER-MANLY game? Fuck them. They got me ranting on the internet.
Try to find peace in the fact that you left puberty behind you and they didn´t... Duke Nukem is about as manly as a 14 year old boy trying to grow a decent beard. Which is why it doesn´t work in 2011. Duke Nukem was funny because the players were young boys giggling at his stupid oneliners. Other than...let´s say Dolph Lundgren Movies, that specific humor hasn´t aged very well and today it´s just sad mostly.

Oh but I need to take a look at the new Alice sometime, I loved the first one
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 03:49 AM       
my xbpx360 will stop reading disks and will just always say, "Open tray" or whatever.

I found out if i pick it up and shake it a bit something inside will rattle around, and then it will start to work again
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 05:38 AM       
Duke Nukem Forever was a fun game. It's not going to change the world, but it wasn't outright horrible.

If you can't enjoy it, then why are you playing a Duke Nukem game in the first place, you serious people you.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 06:19 AM       
That's pretty much the 'breaking it down to the base elements' statement regarding DNF. If you played 3D, and you liked 3D, then you will probably want to play and like DNF. If you are an FPS frat boy who is all about Halo You will probably hate it
drifting in the void
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM       
I´m not a serious person. Fuck no, if anyone´s NOT serious, it´s me, I just can´t express it in english

I just think, that the Duke-Humor is a thing from the past. It might be an okay game but I´m not into shooters that much anyway so I don´t really care how good it is.

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and I´m not sure if that was a wise decision :D
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 10:56 AM       
german has some of the strictest gaming laws outside of the middle east. i'm kinda surprised duke4 wasn't considered contraband there.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
my xbpx360 will stop reading disks and will just always say, "Open tray" or whatever.

I found out if i pick it up and shake it a bit something inside will rattle around, and then it will start to work again

It thinks its a nintendo.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
I´m not a serious person. Fuck no, if anyone´s NOT serious, it´s me, I just can´t express it in english

I just think, that the Duke-Humor is a thing from the past. It might be an okay game but I´m not into shooters that much anyway so I don´t really care how good it is.

I did buy White Knight Chronicles I+II though and I´m not sure if that was a wise decision :D
I think Nick and I were openly chastising the reviewers, not you Ox.

I would think there would be a bit lost in translation and local pop culture anyway.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM       
Yeah, from what I see all the review sites are ran by feminazis now.