Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM        No More Heroes
Got this at the local Gamestop. The clerk didn't know what I was talking about and they didn't have it on display, so he was like WELL, SIR, I'LL CHECK IN THE BACK I GUESS. He came out with a copy and said that it was the only one they were shipped. Christ.

Anyway, this game is really good, but more of a 'cult good' than a really 'good good'. Like how Illbleed is 'good' if you know what you're getting into.

It's averaging a 9 on critic reviews (and even got over a 9 at Gamespot, who hate the Wii almost as much as Zomboid), but IGN gave it a 7.8 with the reasoning 'this game is great, but there is 'pop-in' and other technical issues with the free-roaming map but srsly your team didn't pay us nearly enough money to rank this higher'. The same game without all the style this one has would probably rank about a 6 or 7. Hope you like style! The dialogue is corny and fantastic, and so far all the characters have tons of personality.

You can also go shopping for clothes and stuff, but honestly Travis's default outfit is great and the options (so far) are just palette swaps.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM       
It certainly takes after El Topo in that it's fucking impossible to find anywhere
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
Maybe Suda should have thought about having a marketing team.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM       
How much does it go for? I might get a few extra if it ends up achieving cult status.
was never good
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:45 AM       
I love this game more the more I play it :<

I was cackling like crazy after the DESTROYMAN fight :<

I really hope something doesn't happen to your cat, but I'm totally expecting it from a game like this :'<
was never good
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 10:51 PM       
I can see you all have about as much interest in this title as Gamestop did.

Rank #5!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 11:18 PM       
i cant be interested i don't have a wii
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 12:29 PM       
Ditto.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM       
I want a Wii, but I only like games for girls, is this a girly game?
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 01:53 PM       
I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
I've seen nothing about it so why would I bother.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
was never good
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
in the first 10 seconds, you crash a motorcycle, then strike an extreme pose and shout "FUCKHEAD!" while everyone's heads pop off and blood spews everywhere.

It really sets the mood.
was never good
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM       
http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...heroes#critics

There, go hear about it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM       
I've decided that there is absolutely nothing bad anybody can say about this game.
was never good
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM       
It's one of those games that will give you plenty of reasons to hate it if you're looking for them, but all the bad shit just fades into the background if you come in with a neutral or positive bias.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM       
No, there's nothing bad you can say about it.
was never good
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
RANK 4

is it my imagination or are bosses getting easier?

and I can't win the second batting practice assassination mission to save my life ;<
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
It's one of those games that will give you plenty of reasons to hate it if you're looking for them, but all the bad shit just fades into the background if you come in with a neutral or positive bias.
That's not really fair, though; it's the kind of game you have to see as a whole before you can really appreciate it. The extreme lack of polish really offset me at first, and the combat system isn't something you can just pick up.

Without the personality this game has, I don't know if it would have a leg to stand on. It's like a 3D beat-'em-up to me and as much as I love the genre, it gets dull real quickly. It's a credit to the game that the style is so integral to the gameplay, but I don't think I'd like it so much if I rounded a corner and didn't kill nine men in a row with a single baseball.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a really good game and all, but to say it transcends consciousness is a pretty hefty claim.
Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 06:32 PM       
Through the many complex opinions I've gotten on the game, the one thing I gather is that it's worth the price of admission. Tell me if I'm wrong.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM       
Yes, it is a very good game and is absolutely worth your purchase.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM       
I DOUBT THAT.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ants Who Ruin Your Dinner
Codiekitty is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:17 AM       
insomnia.ac did a followup.
was never good
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM       
i think it's hilarious that gaming is 'old' enough now for shit to be decried as too gimmicky. IT'S A VIDEO GAME.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM       
The link Codiekitty posted reminded me that I haven't played Dungeon Keeper for ten years, I'm going to fix that.
was never good
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM       
BARRELS, HUH. HOW AMATEUR.