Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:10 PM        Showbiz Pizza!
Any of you remember Showbiz Pizza? You know the place that was like Chuck E Cheese and eventually became Chuck E Cheese?

Some guy just opened a new one, kinda.
Showbiz Pizza Zone

picsl

It's in Phoenix City Alabama, which is about 2 hrs away from me. I'm so going.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM       
I hope to see lots of pictures of you high-fiving people when you get back, Robby.
the axe and the smasher
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
I hope to see lots of pictures of you high-fiving people when you get back, Robby.
I might get kicked out for hugging the robots.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM       
Only hugging?
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:40 PM       
Those are the scariest robots I have ever seen in a pizza resturant. Is it still Christmas in Alabama?
the axe and the smasher
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:46 PM       
possibly
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:57 PM       
I've never heard of Showbiz Pizza and because of this I'm going to lock this thread and ban you forever

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:21 AM       
My wife always watches these videos that have the showbiz pizza fucks programmed to various pop/rap songs. It's kiiiinda cool. It was on youtube
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:23 AM       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8AwQHusZw

Last edited by Mockery : May 14th, 2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: fixed youtube code
the axe and the smasher
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
My wife always watches these videos that have the showbiz pizza fucks programmed to various pop/rap songs. It's kiiiinda cool. It was on youtube
yeah I've seen them
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:50 AM       
Damn, I've never been to a showbiz pizza before. Looks like a nightmare :O

Thanks for posting about that place. This is exactly the kind of stuff I love learning about.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:10 AM       
I loved Chuch E Cheese so much as a kid

Isn't Showbiz Pizza pretty much just a proto Chuck E Cheese.

That was very funny. Well done.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:20 AM       
looks like the chuck e chesse's rip offs they show on cartoons with faulty robots and mean and old waiters

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:21 AM       
Like that one episode of dexters lab
the axe and the smasher
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:53 AM       
Showbiz pretty much is a ripoff Chuck E, but a better Chuck E.

Basically after Chuck E Cheese first opened, it's first franchisee decided to void the franchise agreement and open his own chain after seeing a better animatronic companies work. He opened Showbiz and the two companies were head to head competitors. After the arcade business started falling, Chuck E Cheese filed bankruptcy. However Showbiz bought Chuck E and at first ran the two stores separately. Eventually the company merged the two and went with Chuck E as it's mascot. The company who made Billy Bob kept the rights and sold the animatronic shows to other companies. Basically this new Showbiz is where a Showbiz fan with a set of the animatronics and his friend opened up the store.

I'm planning a trip down there sometime this summer, I doubt it will be just as good as it used to be, but looks like a fun weekend.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM       
That gorilla thing always creeped me right the fuck out.

There was a mouse with a green and white cheerleader costume to the left of the gorilla (if you're facing the stage). Her name was Mitzi Mouse and I always got a kick out of how the only thing she really did was extend stiff arms up and down to shake the pompoms. I have a naked Mitzi Mouse doll somewhere.

The pizza was unbelievably shitty, but I was always really good at skeeball and kept myself well-stocked in fruit-scented pop-a-pencils.
Smell my finger
DirtySanchez is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM       
i thought i remembered that but now that i think of it, the one i used to go to was called circus town pizza. same deal w/ the robots and ball pits. i remember towards the end, the place started falling apart and there were nails and staples sticking out through the kids climbing toys. anyone know if circus town was a chain or just some local rip off?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:41 AM       
That place isn't nearly as nice as show biz pizza was. Everything was nice and covered in laquered wood. This place looks like a school classroom.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:21 AM       
We used to have a Major Magics which was THE place to have a birthday. Ninja turtles arcade game, simpsons arcade game, ghostbusters arcade game and tons of skee ball.

RIP Major Magics
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM       
old-school showbiz pizza looked almost EXACTLY like that Ziggy Piggy place in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure:

I remember that one-person ferris wheel thing very well.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:35 PM       
those robits where creepy as fuck when i was a kid.

still i wanted to buy one of those bands when they were on ebay a few months back. i just short like 20k
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
old-school showbiz pizza looked almost EXACTLY like that Ziggy Piggy place in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure:
I think that was based off of Farrels.

http://www.farrellsusa.com/
BANNED

Old May 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM       
those robot things are actually kind of cool when they are programmed right. The ones in that video i posted are in-synch with the music.

the wolf with the puppet is the best part
teacup of sunshine
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM       
Oh, that does look like it...I just meant, the general atmosphere and especially that Ferris Wheel thing.

We didn't have a Farrels, so it was the nearest mental comparison I got to make.

(Ella's Deli in Madison is also similar)
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM       
Farrels was insane. Many children wept when ours closed.