Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
i don't remember which mothman documentary i watched. unless there is just the one. if so, that one. also the awful richard gere movie. twice, somehow.
idk if there's more than one, but if it was very long, started with Cornstalk being murdered and ended with the bridge collapse and the Mothman Festival, and had long pauses between segments and a little fluttery moth animation by the people's names, then yeah, it was Eyes of the Mothman.

I don't know how the hell you managed to sit through the Richard Gere movie more than once.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:02 AM       
the first time, i was sick! the second time, somebody else wanted to watch it!

also ok must've been that one!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM       
Yeah, but it's like making a movie about unicorns based on a horse, it has little if anything to do with Point Pleasant in general and Mothman in particular- I think he just shows up as some red lights when they're driving or something, and Indrid Cold was a prank caller or some shit
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 05:07 PM       
and if that weren't bad enough, richard gere!

i remember having an immediate WTF-moment as the movie opens with washington post reporter richard gere ends up in west virginia mysteriously, because keel (it was john keel, right?) was a paranormal researcher/journalist who went there to investigate. this movie hasn't been on for three minutes and it's already way off.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 07:38 PM       
yeah, about 99% of it I was like "fuck this movie", only thing that got to me at the end was after the bridge collapse with all of the headlights shining up through the water, because it probably did look somewhat like that- that was profoundly creepy to me and I didn't want to see it again.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM       
i somewhat frequently dream about being in a car that's sinking in the water. fair enough.

i just finished re-watching life in the undergrowth and it's wonderful. we watched it out of sequence which sucked because the last episode was about flying insects - the least interesting episode of them all.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:30 AM       
I've also just recently watched every movie this page has too. what the fuck.

Possession(the new one) was decent. Some real bad editing but Matisyahu fucking saves the day.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM       
Trick Or Treat (1986) - Soon to be added to my "Watch Every Halloween Season" list.
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:20 PM       
long weekend -
booooooring crap. fuckin aussies
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:20 PM       
DOES ROOTING FOR FRANK IN "GOD BLESS AMERICA" MAKE ME AN ASSHOLE
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 04:28 AM       
I saw ParaNorman back when it came out. Absolutely loved it.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM       
Mother and I went to see the new 3D conversion of Finding Nemo. I also plan on taking my friend Jason to Hotel Transylvania--the previews seemed awfully generic, but I soon learned that it's directed by the respected Genndy Tartakovsky and thus has potential to be above-average. Mother may come along.

Last edited by WhiteRoseBrian : Sep 24th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM       
i finally saw the thing and will keep my opinions to myself because everybody seems to love the movie.

also mr nice guy. jackie chan's great. this one's mostly boring, but then it gets better.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM       
Which THE THING?
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM       
Moonrise Kingdom

This confirms it. I don't really like Wes Anderson movies all that much.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:04 PM       
King Corn. I can't pinpoint the moment I started getting tired of it, but I definitely ended up there.

I think my tolerance for "arrogant hipster prats from the big city go enlighten hapless yokels" films is about at capacity. I was never a fan of HFCS but I object to the method.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:13 AM       
Bride Flight. Post-WW2 Dutch women traveling to New Zealand to start a new life. One is a Holocaust survivor.

It was okay. Much more sentimental than my usual selection- mostly because it was my mom's choice. This made it awkward when a male character was all "tits or GTFO" to one of the women and an agonizingly long, multipositional, oral-heavy sex scene ensued. That is just not fun to watch with your parents.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:17 AM       
yeah king corn was bullshit fuck that movie and those douchebag trust fund kids who made it

also tadao the one from the 70s DUH
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM       
EXCUSE ME THE 80S PUB-LOBER
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM       
Well please explain a little. I know you're dying to. Know one cares about each other opinions, so please tell me why an 80's movie disappointing you in 2012.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM       
because that's newer than most of my favorite movies? i don't know what the age has anything to do with, i didn't even know how old this one was. i assumed 70s because that's when horror was alive and well.

it was more the lack of plot and also aliens are boring as f*kc
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM       
Hey hey now bro, don't get all crazy on me.

I just want to know why you were disappointed by a movie that was made 30 or more years ago.

You say it's because of plot and aliens, but what is wrong with the plot? How is it lacking? I'm sure you find the movie Alien horrible based on your 14 word synopsis.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:11 PM       
Alien is one of the greatest movies of all time. I'll cut a bitch.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 03:20 AM       
I finished watching Super Mario Brothers the movie. It was pretty bad but not as bad as I remembered it being when I was little.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:57 PM       
The Thing is damn-near flawless. FUCK Y'ALL!

That was very funny. Well done.