Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM       
Honestly, I think Fathom Zero is a good choice. He has respect for the forums, can be fairly objective, and has been here very frequently and steadily.

EDIT: plus, he's been here for a nice long time, giving him a large amount of seniority, and overall i just think he'd be smart with the moderation and all. I also see him as being respectful of the "written word", as I am of art.
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:55 AM       
I would definitely agree on fathom, i would love to do this but i understand dissent exists because of my low post count over the years (lots of hiatuses, if that is a word?), and honestly fathom would probably have more time for it than i do. I would make time for it if I got it, but he's probably the best choice in the state of oklahoma
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 05:48 AM       
Mods are not supposed to have hiatuses, hence why my vote goes to Fathom Zero. I haven't seen him take a hiatus since I've been posting.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM       
ZBU!!!!!!! I like fathom, but he's 16. Seems smart for his age, but Zbu is the most qualified. I like the idea that someone else who's getting a degree in writing/literature (in one form or another) be a mod. It kinda makes sense.

That was very funny. Well done.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM       
THINGS I WILL DO AS MODERATOR:

-Require that all submitted poetry adhere to a declared sonnet form of the poster's choice. While I don't like alexandrines, I won't ban exclusively on the basis of seeing them used. I am a just ruler.
-Ask me later for more things when I feel clever.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM       
I've got some group projects I want to start in here, but I don't know if I should wait for a mod.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
ZBU!!!!!!! I like fathom, but he's 16. Seems smart for his age, but Zbu is the most qualified. I like the idea that someone else who's getting a degree in writing/literature (in one form or another) be a mod. It kinda makes sense.
I understand what you're saying. I really do. But you can't moderate if you're not here. It's really as simple as that. Fathom, while not being here quite as long as Zbu, has been much more active, and I think has been here at least every other day since he signed up. That's how often (at the very least) a moderator should be on. Pub stated earlier "If the main choice's activity is dependent on getting the p0w3r then they are doing it for the wrong reasons", but that's not the ONLY reason someone would get the modship. Even if someone is superly qualified, you wouldn't hire them if their availability is, like 5 out of 40 possible hours and you NEEDED the full timer.