Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 01:24 PM        Discworld
The greatest thread in books ever.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
I like Thud!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM       
rincewind is my favorite
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM       
I just finished Making Money!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM       
Can I have some?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
Arch Chancellor Mustrum Ridcully is my favorite
GET OUT
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 09:30 PM       
Rincewind and then Vimes, I think. Then Vetinari.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM       
Om
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM       
Small Gods was the first book that I read in the series, although the story bored the shit out of me Om was such a great character that I had to give Pratchett another shot. Oh thank god I gave him another shot. Does anyone have a book of his that they didn't like?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM       
Honestly, even the ones I didn't think were very funny I still liked
GET OUT
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM       
Equal Rites. It's the only book I don't own and didn't read again.

Grisly: They can be hard to find, but you could try the Strata series for stuff that isn't very funny but is still well written.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 04:24 PM       
I played the Discworld MUD one time!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM       
I finished the first two and am now reading Equal Rites, which I am enjoying so far (ASILA )

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
GET OUT
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM       
I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM       
Equal rites is a good book, but not the best. Soul music is awesome.
GET OUT
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM       
If it makes you feel any better, I'm one of the only people I know that didn't completely hate Sourcery. Also, I disliked Equal Rites far more after I'd finished Wyrd Sisters BUT THAT'S JUST ME

SOUL MUSIC
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM       
I'm not big into the three witches. I don't know why. I like them, but not whole books about them.
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM       
The only problem is that it's pre-Ridcully, it's harder to go back to his earlier work when the characters are so much richer later on
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM       
Yeah, Not having Ridcully sucks, is the Burser in the old ones? Oh wait, he was but he didn't go crazy till Ridcully.
GET OUT
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:11 PM       
I'm pretty sure the Chancellor in that was just some random guy
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:15 PM       
Out of all the books, I was absolutely crushed, crushed, that he had Mr. Tulip
Spoilers!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM       
He was the assassin right? But that's what happens when

Spoilers!

Or am I confusing things, I should re-read all the books again.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asila View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm one of the only people I know that didn't completely hate Sourcery
sourcery is great wth
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
He was the assassin right?
Nah, Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip were the thugs from The Truth
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM       
Oh yeah he he