Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Whatever. If you want an anime that safe, buy Sailor Moon, wrap it in bubble wrap, and be done with it. Finding a good anime without sexual undertones is like finding a good hooker without STDs. Christ.

Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle. I hear The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is good, too. There. Four good movies. Squeaky clean.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM       
Grisly...Not to sound tacky but try taking her to a flea market. They usually have a lot of cute anime stuff and just watch how she reacts to different items. Then go back and get something that she liked. Not only will she like what you got her but she'll notice that you remembered something she liked. Usually works for me.

P.S. If you feel weird buying something cute for your girlfriend just go buy a bow and arrow or something else manly too.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jun 2nd, 2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: 2
has a woody
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM       
I just asked a few friends if they had any ideas. After they laughed at me, I explained your situation. They said The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was really good. They also said Marimite was a good show, but I've never heard of it before. Fruits Basket is another one they recommended, but that show's so cute that it gives me an ulcer.

Mushishi is another really good one that came out in America. I'd say it's good even as a movie (and not 'good for an anime.") I didn't see all of it, but I saw a good chunk and I really liked it. 4th rated anime ever, 1st if you take out all of the violent/sexual stuff ranked above it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Whatever. If you want an anime that safe, buy Sailor Moon, wrap it in bubble wrap, and be done with it. Finding a good anime without sexual undertones is like finding a good hooker without STDs. Christ.
And that is why Gus made the thread...

You are kinda dense in the head aren't you?
has a woody
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM       
And then I gave him seven popular suggestions that have all had good reviews.

Then again, I'm trying to actually give suggestions, not reject them.

Anyways, I just finished watching one of the suggestions, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I liked it a lot. Animation was good, the story was nice, and it was an overall entertaining movie. I always thought Time Travel was a really cool concept, so I really, really enjoyed it. Starts off pretty slow, though, but man does it get amazing. I'd probably recommend Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle over it, just because I think they're more accessible films. But as a film, I'd say it's worth watching, even by yourself.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Jun 3rd, 2008 at 01:46 AM.