Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM       
If you could care less about what she thought, you wouldn't have responded at all.

Also, your daughter's good, but yeah, she needs to get over the smudging and the copying of other's work. If you really want to impress us with your daughter's greatness, show us some original works. Until then, it's just tracing. Damn good, but still, tracing.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:44 PM       
If you were sharing these for your daughter's benefit, you would have commented somewhat on the critique I gave (since it was the only indepth critique thus far) instead of blowing up at the (not intended to be, but I can see how you could see it as) "offensive" comment. I honestly only meant the comment to be pertaining to her age, but whatever.

From what you've shown us, I'd say she's in her copying phase. This is where I'd give more honest artistic feedback on how she can improve, but I don't think that what you want. Here's a comment I think you'd like much better, but I don't really mean it.

"It's so awesome that your daughter got that award! You must be an awesome mother!"

By the way, I'm only being a cunt now because you were first, and it was completely uncalled for. Consider it even. I'm usually not a bitch in Art Shit, but you bring it out in me somehow.
Psychedelic
Lotida is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:45 PM       
*sigh*

I am impressed with my daughter's greatness and so are the judges at her school apparently. She has tons of other things... she can draw and she paints. These two pieces she uploaded in the computer to show her cousin. Stupid me thought it would be fun to share them here since some people are always bitching about me not seriously contributing anything.

These two pieces were a little more difficult than just tracing by the way... anyone can trace a picture. Both of these pictures are framed in poster size frames.

It all boils down to the same thing... Some people will try to start an argument over the smallest things.
Psychedelic
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
If you were sharing these for your daughter's benefit, you would have commented somewhat on the critique I gave

By the way, I'm only being a cunt now because you were first, and it was completely uncalled for. Consider it even. I'm usually not a bitch in Art Shit, but you bring it out in me somehow.
First of all, I don't know much about art to have a intelligent conversation about what you were commenting on in your critique. I wasn't offended by it... but what was I supposed to say?

It's funny how I am always being mean to you and "it's always completely uncalled for". Whatever.

For your information, I am an awesome mother and I could care less if you know it or not. You are nothing more than words on a computer screen to me.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:50 PM       
It's super easy to trace/copy to a larger size. It's all tricks, not skill. I'm not saying you can't be proud of her for that, but I tried to give you feedback (which I thought you wanted since you posted in art shit) and you dismissed me until I made a comment you could take offense at -even though I didn't mean it.

No more art critiques for you unless you specifically say you'd want them from me. Otherwise I'll just ignore you from now on in Art Shit, cause you're not going to want anything else from me in here, apparently.
Psychedelic
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
It's super easy to trace/copy to a larger size. It's all tricks, not skill.
Yea, ok. Everyone can draw like that... well except me. Everyone else can though. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
I'm not saying you can't be proud of her for that, but I tried to give you feedback (which I thought you wanted since you posted in art shit) and you dismissed me until I made a comment you could take offense at -even though I didn't mean it.
I think I already answered this statement.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:06 AM       
I won art contests before due to the competition's incompetance. Honestly, in every highschool there are usually only 1 or 2 people who can actually draw.

Having said that, if she is serious about art: no respectable artist would turn in copied work in a contest or even as an assignment for highschool art class and be able to live with themselves.
Psychedelic
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
I won art contests before due to the competition's incompetance. Honestly, in every highschool there are usually only 1 or 2 people who can actually draw.

Having said that, if she is serious about art: no respectable artist would turn in copied work in a contest or even as an assignment for highschool art class and be able to live with themselves.
I am sorry I tried to contribute something other than responding to the usual crap people post on here.

Let me see if I can put it in terms you all seem to enjoy and understand...

Fuck off and die cunts!!

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:35 AM       
One last thing, cause you don't seem to get it.

People aren't going to sugar coat things here. Even in art shit. People are giving their honest opinions and you can't take it. Oh well! Maybe you should have considered your audience before posting it, or tried to give some sort of thanks for the positive artistic reception it got.
Psychedelic
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 12:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
One last thing, cause you don't seem to get it.

People aren't going to sugar coat things here. Even in art shit. People are giving their honest opinions and you can't take it. Oh well! Maybe you should have considered your audience before posting it, or tried to give some sort of thanks for the positive artistic reception it got.
Finally a piece of advice I can use... I need to consider my audience. I will remember that the next time I feel the need to be serious about anything and share.

One last thing cuz you don't seem to get what I am saying.....

I didn't comment on the helpful critiquing because I don't know anything about art. I don't see how these comments could help her artistically though. But I'm sure you meant them in the nicest possible way. You are always so misunderstood.

Quote:
I think he meant the obsessive copying shit that hippie teenagers do when they first discover pink floyd.
and

Quote:
I don't think lotida's daughter is one that really grasps the concepts behind the songs.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:02 AM       
There's plenty of constructive criticism in this thread, you just are choosing to ignore it.

That said, I didn't think this was a 'help my daughter improve' thread so much as it was a 'lookit here' thread so I didn't drop in my ANALYSIS. But our resident art fags are gonna do that to everything in this forum and you should have known that by now.
Psychedelic
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
That said, I didn't think this was a 'help my daughter improve' thread so much as it was a 'lookit here' thread so I didn't drop in my ANALYSIS.
Send in the troops...lol

You are exactly correct. She won the art show that day and she had uploaded these and I thought I would share.... I was feeling pretty proud... and still am.

I don't mind comments to help someone improve but it's wasted on me.... like I said, I am not an artist. Admit it.. not all comments were made to help her improve so don't be surprised when they get what they got... get it?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:25 AM       
Actually I was posting more or less in defense of your position ;< I think the pictures look nice and if you daughter comes on here either directly or by proxy for tips then I'll submit some but it's obvious that there's talent of some description present.
Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:03 AM       
Oh, there's definitely talent, and if what Lotida says about her original compositions (I am only guessing that they are originals and not more copies), then more power to her. But don't expect this forum to be your digital refridgerator where people will just say "oh yeah, that looks nice". This forum is typically used for art critique, and for better or worse, that's what you're going to get here.

And as you have found out, nobody here shugarcoats anything. I found that out rather quickly, as well, and didn't take to well to it, either. But then I realized that it was beneficial for me to not always keep hearing "Oh yeah, that looks nice". You NEED to hear the bad stuff about your art, or else you will not improve. Your daughter has talent. That doesn't mean that you would be helping her by constantly telling her how perfect her pictures are, or else 20 years from now, she'll still be drawing the same copies of album art.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:07 AM       
One of my favorite things is watch arguments about things turn into arguments about the argument..
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 05:45 AM       
yeah, truckloads of fun..

i must say lotida, you're being an awful bitch about this. MLE has a point and knows quite a lot to post here legitimately. and you're stuck defending yourself for the same reason you posted this thread. you didnt get what you wanted, so all of a sudden we're an audience you need a language for.
get fucked, lady.
as much as i hate hearing things like "i dont undertand what you mean by doing this or what you're intending to do"it's three times better than "oh, that looks real nice"
"i dont understand, its awful, lol" as frustrating as it is, at least tells me something about how clear i am about my objectives whenever i do create something. maybe i dont quite understand what i'm after, maybe i need to scale down that ambition and build from there to get a more refined, more pointed response.
"oh it looks nice" just discourages me from getting better frankly. i dont think it just looks nice. i'm alwys trying to evoke something, and 9/10 times it's not totally successful, so i'd like to know where i went too obtuse.
because i'm hella modernist like that.

i'm just asking for your daughter to have more ambition than her retarded peers for talent like that.
Psychedelic
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 11:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
i must say lotida, you're being an awful bitch about this. MLE has a point and knows quite a lot to post here legitimately. and you're stuck defending yourself for the same reason you posted this thread. you didnt get what you wanted, so all of a sudden we're an audience you need a language for.
get fucked, lady.
Get fucked yourself Rez. I am not asking that everyone tell me they were great..... everyone has their own opinions on what is good and what sucks. There is a difference between being constructive and just making stupid comments. If you notice I didn't respond until the comments were getting stupid, if you can't see that then you are a bigger asshole then you sound in this post.

And I do realize that people need to hear how they need to improve... that's what her art teachers are for and what I am eventually going to be paying her college tuition for. Me, I don't over analyze... I just enjoy them!
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:20 PM       
so you admit you ignored anything constructive and took whatever flame-bait came your way.

nice. usually it's supposed to work the other way around, but i guess being self-righteous has its priorities :/
Psychedelic
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
so you admit you ignored anything constructive and took whatever flame-bait came your way.

nice. usually it's supposed to work the other way around, but i guess being self-righteous has its priorities :/
Are you fucking stupid Rez... seriously are you? Did you not read this thread at all? Were you just looking for an argument to jump into?? Let me recap for you, dickhead...

I read the constructive just fine... I didn't respond because I can't intelligently speak about art. I am not an artist and didn't know what to say. I didn't respond negatively either because I didn't think they were being negative at that point.

I do see that you admit some "flame-bait" did come my way and it was not all constructive advice. That is why I responded the way I did!! DUH!!!

Now that you've made a total ass out of yourself and helped prove my point. Do yourself a favor and take some of my advice. Don't jump into something you can't talk intelligently about. You wouldn't look like such a fucknut right now if you'd had learned that in the beginning!! Fucking retard!
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 03:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez

Are you fucking stupid Rez... seriously are you? Did you not read this thread at all? Were you just looking for an argument to jump into?? Let me recap for you, dickhead...

(bitchy, self-excusing noise)

yeah, that'll encourage me to take you seriously and consider your defense of attention seeking seriously.

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotida

I read the constructive just fine... I didn't respond because I can't intelligently speak about art. I am not an artist and didn't know what to say. I didn't respond negatively either because I didn't think they were being negative at that point.

I do see that you admit some "flame-bait" did come my way and it was not all constructive advice. That is why I responded the way I did!! DUH!!!

Now that you've made a total ass out of yourself and helped prove my point. Do yourself a favor and take some of my advice. Don't jump into something you can't talk intelligently about. You wouldn't look like such a fucknut right now if you'd had learned that in the beginning!! Fucking retard!
but i had to read the rest since this was deliciously retarded.

you continue to admit that this thread was for your own personal ends and not really for what art shit was about by your zealous responses to flame-bait and utter silence to helpful criticism. the opposite of what anyone taking this place seriously would do. you're just admitting you dont know shit, came in here expecting some words of "congrats" and instead we all lamented that this kid had such a dumbass mom. congrats, mom. mom of the year, your kid can DRAW. and so you look for purposefully negative comments to jump on because you can't defend any actual CONTENT.

you seem lost :/

so what can't i talk intelligently about? arguing? the fine politics of acting victimized and jumping on phrases while missing the point and calling everyone else retarded?

[color=cyan][/lol]
Psychedelic
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 05:00 PM       
Rez, you're a dumbass. Your comments prove over and over that you didn't read this thread and you just want to start an argument. You've already helped me prove my point... I am done going back and forth with a fucking retard like you who doesn't know what the fuck he is saying. You are stirring up shit just to watch it swirl.

In case you are so fucking stupid you can't understand exactly what I am saying, let me be real clear. You are a worthless piece of shit and not worthy of my time... i'm done with you! Have a great day!
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM       
surprisingly, this has turned into an interesting thread. carry on.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 10:30 PM       
did you read her last comment? she said she was done with me... she used me all up by repeating herself and being shrill and crazy like a tourist who lost all her money in a country she hates anyway.

just to prove she was extra done, she ventured in the tape tree thread and sullied my name some more just to let everyone know how totally over me she was.
because she's DONE.
so in case you dont get it sadie, it's done
Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 19th, 2006, 10:41 PM       
I guess that means you win, Rez. Because if she were to recant on that promise, and comment on you again, then she would be nothing more than an attention seeking bi...

Nevermind, Rez. You've still got some self-serving bitchy color-coded arguing coming your way.

BTW, Lotida, I hope your daughter doesn't turn out anything like you when she's older. Then, maybe, she'll be a well-balanced, understanding individual.