Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:04 PM       
I know a guy named Noah Rosenthal.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:09 PM       
Well, I don't mind being French or part Jewish and so here I am the black sheep of the family.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM       
So your black?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
in spots.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:32 AM       
I AM RELATED TO JIM NABORS

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM       
Roy Majtyka is my second cousin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Majtyka

He was a baseball coach for the Braves and the Angels for a few years.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I love when people become convinced they're a direct descendant of some historical figure, usually royal, whether that person had descendants or not.

I knew of one girl who was certain she was a descendant of Éponine Thénardier. Yes, the Les Misérables Éponine, despite my assurances to her that it was a fictional character.

Then again, I knew a girl in fourth grade who thought she was a purple horse, so maybe I just hung out with retards.
That's been noted about reincarnation. People always think that they're reincarnated from Napoleon or Cleopatra when they probably reincarnated from some slub in New Jersey.

And wow...she honestly thought that? How old was she at this time? If it was later than elementary school, I'm concerned.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM       
My paternal family line starts in Canada as two brothers fled murder charges in the mid 1700's and assumed new surnames. Funny story, in the late 1800's one of my ancestors was chief of police in some Quebec city.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM       
The Éponine? Oh, that was back in those dark days of the late 90s when Les Mis was what "Twilight" is now.

I know of only one person out of probably 300-400 Éponine-wannabes that I heard who was actually qualified to sing it, and she did it professionally.

I didn't get along well with the other people in my various performing-arts programs. I'm glad I didn't continue in that vein because I probably would have strangled someone.
Insane Writer
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 09:00 PM       
Oh, I see.

You were in performing art programs though? Sweet! I LOVED performing whenever I got the chance. What did you do? Singing, dancing?

Oh, and I've never actually traced my family tree, but apparently my name's German for "East Field", so popular speculation is that my ancestors were Germanic serfs or something.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM       
Yes, I did all of that, but my health shit out on me so that went the way of everything else.

I went to school to be one of those physicians who tours with ballets and such. Didn't work out.
Insane Writer
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM       
Ah, I see.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 06:30 PM       
I'm related to the explorer, Dr Livingstone. Saw his statue in the town of Livingstone and it felt kinda weird.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
That's kinda cool. No wonder you like to travel.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM       
I had a neurologist named Dr. Livingston once and you'd be surprised how unfunny they find that.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM       
I presumed they would find it hilarious.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM       
My aunt (not blood related) traced her family tree back to Priscilla and John Alden of Mayflower fame.

FWIW.
You may already be there.
Insane Writer
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM       
One of the strangest family trees I've personally seen was the one that dealt with the relationships between the Biblical patriarchs and matriarchs and their various family members. I was researching them for my Comparative Religion class and my mom walked in as I put a chart of the family tree on a slide. The conversation went something like this:

Mom: What's that?
Me: Oh, I'm doing a report on the Patriarchs and Matriarchs. This shows who they all married.
Mom (examining the chart): Did that one marry her uncle?
Me: Looks like it. Do you see Jacob down there?
Mom: Yeah.
Me: He had two wives. Each wife also gave him their maids to give him more heirs, so he had four women.
Mom (looking closer at the chart): Holy s#it, the maids were his wives' half sisters!
Me (looking closer): Wow, you're right!
Mom: This reminds me of that song "I Am My Own Grandpa"

I'm sure there are stranger family trees, but it was pretty funny when I looked closer at it.