Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 04:52 PM       
Yeah, seriously. Faggot.

I know a lot of people that prefer the Genesis version of Aladdin to the SNES one; I know a lot of stupid people.

Please, play it.

EDIT - Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and use this thread for my own devices. I just recently picked up a torrent with (apparently) every US market SNES game ever. I've been playing Diddy's Kong Quest but what after that, huh? What then?

EDIT 2 - OH MAN, good call on Pocky and Rocky. I liked Claymates too, but I remember playing it again recently and hating it.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM       
I have every US and several non-released SNES games on my computer.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM       
BlackThorne!

PS - GOOD WORK LENOR! I'M SURE THAT IF THERE'S ANYONE THAT'LL BE IMPRESSED BY THAT, IT'S US! I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY HARD TO FIND TORRENTS THAT CONTAINED THAT STUFF! I SAVED EVERY SNES GAME EVER TO DISC YEARS AGO AND I THOUGHT *I* WAS SPECIAL BUT YOU ARE A TRUE INTERNET HERO!

PPS- Her comment reminded me of the brooke shields thing in the south park movie

That was very funny. Well done.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:22 PM       
Legend of the Mystical Ninja. booka booka

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:40 PM       
Zomboid- 1. I was not talking to you, your infantile banter is only becoming worse with each post you direct toward me.
2. I wasn't trying to impress anyone, I let it be known, in case anyone needed a game. And I could possibly help.

Sorry, if that offends you, but I could care less.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:49 PM       
Uncharted Waters "series"

Wicked

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM       
Lenor, at the risk of sounding infantile, I'm gonna say that I'm pretty sure if someone needed a game, they'd go to pretty much anyone other than you. I think that just like your vagina, any game from you would be riddled with viruses.

Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM       
So be it, but unlike you, I at least have the decency to offer.

Yes, because it often has the flu and frequent sinus infections.

Or wait, you were also trying to take a stab at my computer, which if that was the case I most likely wouldn't be able to use it that much.. And I MUST be the ONLY person to EVER get a virrii on their computer at some point!
The Wolf
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 07:24 PM       
I was actually just kind of calling you a dirty skank but ok. Also, I'm pretty sure that since the majority of the regulars to this forum already have most of those games or at least know how to get them, I don't think it says too much about me that I haven't offered.

Really though, this was pretty much the one forum untainted by you and I don't care if the threads in general blabber get filled with back and forth fighting cause most of the stuff in there is total shit anyway, but it'd be great if that didn't happen here

Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I was actually just kind of calling you a dirty skank but ok. Also, I'm pretty sure that since the majority of the regulars to this forum already have most of those games or at least know how to get them, I don't think it says too much about me that I haven't offered.
I was being sarcastic, and did get the jist of your comment.

Hence, most. Not all...

Quote:
Really though, this was pretty much the one forum untainted by you and I don't care if the threads in general blabber get filled with back and forth fighting cause most of the stuff in there is total shit anyway, but it'd be great if that didn't happen here
I was not trying to start any bullshit in this thread. If it were possiable for you to have a little will power and not have to turn every post I make into something, than we wouldn't have the problem of us going back and forth at each other. I do know alot about video-games, and had no intention's of fighting with you. If that were the case, I would of done so along time ago. Or made some crack at someone else.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS View Post
Well, my opinions are the closest thing to the truth. If you found stupid shit like that fun, King Hadas, you should try JAWS for the NES. It doesn't help that all the levels in the game are boring re-hashes from the previous two games either. And who in their right mind wants to play as a baby? Not even a 5 year old would.

Donkey Kong Country 3 sucks and so do it's fans.
Re-hash? How far did you even play into the game, did you even get past the first area or were you so disgusted at the prospect of playing as an infant that you just couldn't stomach it any longer. Donkey Kong Country 3 is just as good as the first two in fact I'd go as far to say it's better than the first two.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM       
Yes there was a Canyon Level, an ICE LEVEL , and oh god! A Factory Level!

Donkey Kong Country 3 might be fun for the littlest of children, but for an ADULT like Supafly, it's not going to cut shit. You play the first two and it might be fun, but the lack of changes in 3 just makes it repetitive and boring to play. It's the exact same game but with a baby. BUT THE BOAT, OH GOD THE BOAT! IT'S SO FUCKING FUNNNNNN!

You are such a punk, King Hadas. God help us if you make it through purgatory.

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 10:28 PM       
King of the Dragons

Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 11:25 PM       
E.V.O
Search for Eden

If you don't mind the obviously blunt grind you are about to face, the further you get, the better it feels. Plenty of options for each race you evolve into as well.

EDIT: Also, to go against my better nature of not meddling with the past, I'm going to visit Jurassic Park again and see why I kept getting my ass handed to me.

EDITAGAIN: After looking for the attroscity which scarred my dreams with electric fences and tear gas grenades in Doom-like FPS sequences, I heard that the second one actually wasn't that bad. Scores well with the SNES crowd.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 01:27 AM       
The Carnage continues JP2 was FUCKING AWESOME, I think it was an alien 3 clone.

Maximum Carnage if it's been mentioned.

Also SD Gundam X If you can figure out the untranslated menu options its one of the most entertaining and deep games on the SNES

Also Metal Marines
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 03:16 AM       
Oh man thanks guys, these are awesome. Rock and Roll racing is one of the few games I actually played of the bunch, god damn that was the best party game ever. Its sequal 'Red Asphalt' was pretty rad too.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 11:04 AM       
I don't know if they've been mentioned already but Arcana, Clock Tower, Final Fantasy 5 (the translated ROM - if you found the PSX version unplayable, this kicks it's ass), Kirby's Avalanche!, Lufia II, Radical Dreamers (the non-canon but still official sequel to Chrono Trigger, except that it's a text adventure), Secret of Evermore, Seiken Densetsu 3 (or Secret of Mana 2), Shadowrun, Star Ocean, Tactics Ogre, Tales of Phantasia,

i'll think of more later
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 01:14 PM       
By all means, do not download Jurassic Park. Not for a bet, not even to save your mother's life. It's not fucking worth it.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 01:19 PM       
TMNT TURTLES IN TIME MOTHA FUCKAS
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
Legend of the Mystical Ninja. booka booka
I was thinking of that, too. Really, any of the Goemon games are quite fun. Especially the N64 version, but that's not for this thread, now is it?
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 04:59 PM       
I'd better recommend Supa an Snes game before I get back to arguing with Gadzooks. U.N. Squadron is an excellant shoot-em-up game that you probably haven't heard of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS View Post
Yes there was a Canyon Level, an ICE LEVEL , and oh god! A Factory Level!

Donkey Kong Country 3 might be fun for the littlest of children, but for an ADULT like Supafly, it's not going to cut shit. You play the first two and it might be fun, but the lack of changes in 3 just makes it repetitive and boring to play. It's the exact same game but with a baby. BUT THE BOAT, OH GOD THE BOAT! IT'S SO FUCKING FUNNNNNN!

You are such a punk, King Hadas. God help us if you make it through purgatory.
The Boat IS pretty awesome, not only does it add a very small level of non-linearity but it also gives you something to do outside of platfoming, finding bannana bird caves and collecting items for the Bazooka Bear brothers is fun.

As for the re-hash bit, who gives a fuck if some of the level backgrounds are similar to past games, the level designs themselves ARE original and that's what's important and I don't just mean they decided to have a barrel shooting area with yellow hornets rather then red ones. Anyone whose played Donkey Kong Country knows that the majority of the levels have some goofy function that's mostly exclusive to that level (racing up a tree that being cut down by a giant buzzsaw, riding minecarts, swimming backwards in poisionous sewage water). That's mostly why I've liked the series and DKC3 fully delivers in that department.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 05:16 PM       
Really, King Hadas, quit gaying up the thread with your I HEART DONKEY KONG banter. All this should be deleted or moved to KING HADAS IS A FAG FOR KONG thread. But to answer your question:

I give a fuck! I think level design is like the 2nd important thing to any game (the first being good controls). I don't just mean how pretty it looks. I mean everything from the structure, the introduction of new elements, and a sense that it isn't a chore to go through. I don't think it's worth going through 7 levels of the same area for 1 kinda cool gimmick level (like the buzz saw).

Well it's nice you can play the same damn game for 3 straight games with barely 2% of new material as it progresses. Hell, if I could be entertained by the same shiny object all the time I would probably not complain either. If boring games do that for you, I applaud you. But to me, it's nothing but the same monkey business.

The Wolf
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 07:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenor View Post
I was being sarcastic, and did get the jist of your comment.

Hence, most. Not all...

I was not trying to start any bullshit in this thread. If it were possiable for you to have a little will power and not have to turn every post I make into something, than we wouldn't have the problem of us going back and forth at each other. I do know alot about video-games, and had no intention's of fighting with you. If that were the case, I would of done so along time ago. Or made some crack at someone else.
Oh fuck here we go again. Listen, fuck off you pretentious whore. That's the last thing I'm gonna say on this and just try to ignore the fucking shit you post from now on.

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 08:49 PM       
There are two fights going on in this thread at once! It's like a battle royale.

Oh yeah, remember how I recommended Donkey Kong Country 2?

Don't do it. Don't fucking do it.

I went through the first three worlds thinking, "Oh yeah, this is easier than the first one, guess they made it more kid-friendly".

Let me just tell you, I wouldn't play through Gusty Glade again if my only infant child was choking to death on the barrel of a gun.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM       
Zomboid, please refer to gadzooks 'lenore/zomboid memorial rule', of no fighting.