Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 02:27 AM        Where should I live?
I'm pretty inclined to live in Oregon, the Eugene/Springfield area, or A.K.A. DEATH VALLEY!!! However, I'm wanting to have more options in case I'm just letting things go over my head so to speak, so yeah explain an area, town briefly, anywhere you have lived or are living in that seems pretty decent. I think a paragraph will do nicely, something along five or six sentences, you can do more if you want I really don't care.

I'll sum up what I think of Oregon so far, as well as Utah! and Idaho.

Eugene, Oregon is okay in my book. I really like alot of the small businesses splotched about, it's a college town and a great place for having a bike but for some reason I doubt I'll hang on to the idea long. No snow, just rain, allergies are a btich though. The communities outside the college area, SPRINGFIELD!!, are not exactly white picket fence material in the BAD way as far as I've seen (definitely not worried about how much money they have).

Utah, Clearfield! Occasionally Ogden and Salt Lake! What can I say other than seeing what looks like every one who wanted to do a country singin got their own album in the local music section at the Music to the Maxx. I am just not diggin' the extreme weather too much but it might not be as much as a hassle as I could think it could be. Buying siht is cool. I don't dig religion that much, I don't hate it, I'm just not very religious so I'll probably grow out of the flavor pretty fast. I don't get out enough to get a sense of the residential areas but I think the region surrounding the campus may actually be a friggin' ghetto.

Idaho! Whose da' ho? I DAH OH!!! I can't remember much other than the typical mid-west climate from Utah, seemed fairly decent. (This is a bad entry for everyone to see, on purpose.)

I FORGOT AS WELL!!! You can even choose to describe a place where you want to live!

Last edited by Shyandquietguy : Jun 8th, 2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: blusters fusters musters man, you gotta watch 'em
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 03:51 AM       
Are you opposed to living on the East or West Coast?
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:02 AM       
Fuck that shit dude, midwest is where it's at.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:21 AM       
What are the factors? Cost of living, types of people, jobs, etc. Or is it all hypothetical?

Since you're already in that part of the country, I can tell you that Washington is pretty decent. Stay west if you're a liberal or just really like the rain; go east if you're a conservative or just really like mountains. Not a great sports scene, but a good music/club scene (Seattle) lots of jobs in IT, housing is reasonable, some people are bat-shit crazy and/or can't drive for shit.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Are you opposed to living on the East or West Coast?
I'd like to stay near the west coast, I'm a bit intimidated by big cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
What are the factors? Cost of living, types of people, jobs, etc. Or is it all hypothetical?
A low cost of living wouldn't be too bad of an idea since the school here won't let me try out places unless I have a place to stay (getting out of a relatives house ASAP for M.E.! ) I think I'd have to say art farts for me on the people.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM       
Portland is a great place to live, if you don't mind getting pissed on constantly.

I wouldn't call it rain, since Portland gets about 32 inches of precipitation a year, but for about 9 months of 12 it's constantly drizzling and is just generally really unpleasant.

Nice summers, though. Also, we have a VOLCANO. And this place: http://www.groundkontrol.com/