Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM        I-Mockery server speed improvements
I just made some modifications to our server to try helping increase its speed even more. To keep up with the lengthy log files, our statistics software runs once every 12 hours. However, the server has 3 different kinds of statistics software installed on it, and I only use 1-2 of 'em at best, and the one that's always behind schedule is the one I never use, so I just disabled it. This should speed up things on the server during the statistics generation periods because there will be a lot less for it to process all at once.

Over the next 48 hours, please let me know if you see any noticeable difference in the site's performance - good or bad. It might not be anything you notice too much, it might just make those lil' slow periods last not nearly as long since it will only be running the two stat progs.

Thankee!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM       
well just up until you posted this, it was taking me upwards of 3 minutes to load each page of the forums.

*and now it's back to normal :o

**okay maybe not
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:22 PM       
Same here, seems to be running better
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:25 PM       
Might need to give it a few hours for the changes to take place as I think it's in the middle of running some stats stuff at the moment.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
well just up until you posted this, it was taking me upwards of 3 minutes to load each page of the forums.
Yeah, I was getting that earlier too. It seems to be going faster now.

That was very funny. Well done.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
I concur... A few hours ago (7:30 - 8:00ish CST), it did take a LONG time to load a page, but I blew it off as I was running a prog myself and figgured it may have been my system.

It seems cool now here in 10:44 pm central time zone