Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:15 AM       
Tomorrows better be as good as he said.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 06:17 AM       
By the by, (from my post in the other webcomic thread) this was what I think might be the wrong way to do it.

However in the comic forum (and art forum for that matter) it might be a grey area too. What with both of these forums being a place to talk about comics/art and sites related to them, I can see why new posters would think it acceptable to post their webcomic/art blog/site. Which isn't to say it is right for them to do so, just that I get how they might think it is
wizbenny is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM       
Ah, you found my picture from back when I was a writer at Marvel comics. Flattering you'd go to all that effort.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 09:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I can see why new posters would think it acceptable to post their webcomic/art blog/site.
Ain't it in the rules that you can't join to do that, the ones that you get a link to via pm when you join? This idiot should have been banned already.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM       
There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more.

BER NER NER NER BER NER NER NER BER NERRRR NER NERRRRRR
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Ain't it in the rules that you can't join to do that, the ones that you get a link to via pm when you join? This idiot should have been banned already.
Actually it says " Spamming. If you only signed up to shill your product/band/website/etc., your post will be deleted and your username and IP address will be permanently banned."

Spam is defined as - the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

Since I specifically posted (and continue to interact) this isn't spam. Also, I did not join up "ONLY" to "shill" (which is a sychophantic and positive only interaction on behalf of a product) etc.

Had any of those been my goal, it would have been posted and I'd have moved on, clearly demonstrating I pass that litmus test.

HOWEVER, interestingly enough in the FAQs are these ways to get banned:
  • 1. Do not take anything personally
  • 2. Do not start internet fights
  • 3. Do not hijack threads

Practice what you preach?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM       
Also if a mod feels like it.
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Also if a mod feels like it.
That goes without saying.

LOL. By the way, I commented on your "Spam for Spam" and gave a plug for i-mockery. It is a fun site. You guys are crazy.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM       
Thank you very much. You'll probably enjoy all the articles here since you were born in 73.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizbenny View Post
Practice what you preach?
Like I have to listen to a spammer.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
If the Zyphonian module doesn't get to Epinon 4 by 18 Sun Clicks, the Fanterioum Gas will explode!

Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:29 PM       
Why, on the last page, does the guard get cut on the front of the throat (with blood appearing on the blade so it was cutting into him, mind you) but then in the last panel there is no wound the his throat but is instead on the back of his neck? And why is it so fucking big with blood splatter on the wall behind him, he was just cut, is it like some kind of future knife?

Also why did you delete my post on your blog you stupid comic book jerk?
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM       
First off, it's a wound on the SIDE of his neck.

Given that this is a STATIC comic book and not an animation or movie, allow me to explain how a throat is cut.

You begin on one side and move toward the other, generally severing the windpipe and jugular vein, suffocating AND causing them to bleed out.

The jugular vein is a major arterie and it creates quite a lot of splatter. Further, bodies cut and thrown violently against a wall will tend to twist in an effort (since you're still conscious as you're dying -- it's not instantaneous) to catch yourself. That's instinctual.

Short answer -- it looked cool to the artist, so they drew it that way.

Also, don't know what your post was. The moderators there might have deleted. I did comment on Tadao's and he's followed me even over to Twitter. Perhaps they thought you were being a jerk?

I believe I've demonstrated I can take whatever you wish to dish with stride and a smile.
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM       
Quote:
Thank you very much. You'll probably enjoy all the articles here since you were born in 73.
I did enjoy that CRAZY video on the band Wayward Sons you posted as well. VERY funny. I will probably add that to the facebook fan page. It made me laugh.

And is that another "Old" crack? Sheesh. You guys are brutal.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM       
Stalking is a hobby of mine.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:48 PM       
No man, I was born in 70. RoG is a little younger than us I think, but is really fascinated with 80's toys and game. Our stuff.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM       
Quote:
thrown violently against a wall will tend to twist in an effort (since you're still conscious as you're dying -- it's not instantaneous) to catch yourself.
I didn't know he was thrown, I just assumed he had slumped down against the wall. It looks like his spine would have been severed from how deep and insane the wound is so I didn't even consider that he would be able to move. And his trachea doesn't look like it was touched in the last panel. :c

Quote:
Perhaps they thought you were being a jerk?
Impossible!

Quote:
I believe I've demonstrated I can take whatever you wish to dish with stride and a smile.
You know nothing of our ways, outlander.
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:01 PM       
Quote:
Stalking is a hobby of mine.
It's all in fun.

You guys probably get a ton of people who come into a forum, post their crap on your front door and then leave. I instead figure I'll get more usable feedback by becoming a PART of forums.

Yeah, I want feedback and eyeballs on my stuff. But even snarky comments are helpful.

I knew (and admitted) what I was getting into on this forum from a site called i-mockery. And it's been engaging to say the least.

You, for instance, were complaining about length of "set-up" before the action. That's something that does concern me. I also know that this isn't a space opera... although it starts out looking like that. So, it's interesting to see the general reaction in that regard.

I'm the kind of creative guy who thrives on the negative and just shrugs at the positive. Positive doesn't give me anywhere to go. Negative does. So that's why I have found this forum (so far) the most helpful.

Quote:
No man, I was born in 70. RoG is a little younger than us I think, but is really fascinated with 80's toys and game. Our stuff.
That's why I jumped on this one. It was on my radar already. It's frustrating when you have ADULTS who work for you that don't get half of the references to pop culture that people our age might make. This is the generation that sees Hasslehoff as only the guy who drunkenly eats a burger off the floor and MAYBE remembers him from Baywatch. We know him as Michael Knight.
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I didn't know he was thrown, I just assumed he had slumped down against the wall. It looks like his spine would have been severed from how deep and insane the wound is so I didn't even consider that he would be able to move. And his trachea doesn't look like it was touched in the last panel. :c
Yeah, in 72 dpi, that line faded. It's there in the 300dpi version. It was faint there as well. I may have artists go in and correct... but I can see where it might be seen that way.

All in all, though, it is an achievable cut.

As Mark Gruenwald once told me, "The action in comics takes place between the panels."
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM       
You did the comic adaptation of Robotech: the Movie?! :O
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:58 PM       
UGH... yes. It was a last-minute job I was contracted to do because the publisher was losing the license to Antarctic Press. We had no time and 2 issues (which is short for an adaptation)to (in Macek's words) "Fix this..."

I go into greater detail on an interview I did for some guy's Robotech site here http://mysite.verizon.net/rtcompanio...ennypowell.htm if you're at all interested.

I like Robotech, but boy did we get blasted for doing that by the fans.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM       
I wasn't aware anyone cared enough about Robotech: the Movie to throw a hissy fit over the comic. Hell, I haven't even seen it. I know that there's a bike and something or other happens, but from what I've read that was the film's plot anyway.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM       
That's the cartoon with Minmay always singing and shit right? God I hated that cartoon.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 03:43 PM       
FUCK YOU > :O
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM       
But yeah, Minmay is dumb.