Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
40-aught seconds. I don't swim often.

But I know how to not sink!
You won't make it. You need to only be able to hold your breath for 15 seconds before losing consciousness, or else you'll never survive marriage. Trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW
Mortal Kombat is terrible, I've never said ANYTHING about Diablo 2 and am in fact downloading it as I type this because I want to try it out, Bioshock is a carbon copy of System Shock 2 where you can't die, I love Halo 1, tolerate Halo 2, and hate the third one, and I own and love GTA 2 through San Andreas.

Where did you get the idea that I hated GTA? Anyone who doesn't have fun speeding down a country highway on a hog trying to shoot down a helicoptor with a rocket launcher while Heart blares on the radio is incapable of enjoying anything.
MK is a classic and pushed the limits of what was acceptable for video game violence. DNT H8

With Diablo, weren't you bitching that it was just a click fest?

I never played SS2, so maybe you are right or have a point on Bioshock. Still, to me, it wouldn't negate Bioshock from being a bad game

I believe I have seen you make off hand comments about Halo 3 and GTA4, so I just assumed you hated the series. my b
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 02:20 PM       
Diablo 1, yeah. I've never played the second one and have been told by friends that the difference between the two is night and day. SO,

Also, I have horrible, nasty, bad things to say about GTA4's multiplayer, but the rest of it is pretty sweet.

You really owe it to yourself to play SS2, by the way, it's really good. And free.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM       
well GTA4's multiplayer is crap, but at the same time it's exactly what I've been wanting for years from GTA online: chaos. The most fun I have with the multiplayer is simply being in Free Mode with my pals. They will refine the multiplayer on the next GTA.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
My main problem with it is the same with most Battlefield games in that the map is too fucking big so it takes me 12 minutes to finally encounter another person, and then when I do I'm in a terrible position to fight them and get my ass handed to me.

Not to mention the playerbase, and the fact that you can't have two people online from the same Xbox.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 02:29 PM       
I love GTA's multiplayer. The only thing that could make it better is more players and an area the size of San Andreas.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 05:16 PM       
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Retrospective

lol
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM       
Now that I'm done watching that I can go back to listening to Poundcake.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 10:57 PM       
ALRIGHT SO THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN DEAD FOR TOO LONG

hmm
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
I like how after complaining profusely about Diablo I got the urge to go play it again and then actually ended up enjoying it a fuckton

Mabye the game's just less shitty when you're using ranged weapons and light magic to take everything out?

It still would have been a lot better with a few homies backing me up.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM       
i loved the shit out of diablo II when i played it. i remember being a BOWAZON (omfg nerd word) and using something like, multi-shot, and it shot in like 6 directions. fucking awesome

and killing cows used to be the shizznit 8)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM       
Oh, Diablo 1 is also still incredibly stupid and easy

By about level 9 of the dungeon I had stats like, "Immune to all magic 30%, 120% chance to hit, 140 life, +20 dexterity, +105% armor class"
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM       
well it gets harder but unfortunately you gotta beat it once to unlock the harder difficulty if i remember ritgh
rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:52 PM       
yeah, atleast that's how d2 works

i remember the first time fighting diablo with friends online. there were war calls and battle music. it was EPIC
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 11:52 PM       
Level 12 was a little ridiculous, since every monster fires magical projectiles at a rate of like two per second and there are about 50000000 of them.
Role Assigner
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM       
Played my brother at Soul Caliber 4 last night on his PS3. He beat me twice, so the next round I changed up my tactics.

I looked him in the face, and then performed a Irish River Dance with my fingers on the controller. I beat him two times in a row.

:{
Role Assigner
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM       
PS

Darth Vader has the best grunts/noises in the game.

PPS

I kind of like playing with Darth Vader and secretly think it's cool they put him in there
rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM       
so i heard recently that the xbox 360 arcade is only going to bed $200. i was told i should buy one while they are cheap, just because. what are some games to make it worth it though? (not that owning a wii should make too much of a difference, but i also have a ps3)

oh, and what's the difference between the arcade version and any others?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM       
The arcade doesn't have a hard drive, which is the main difference. I've heard that it's not worth getting the Arcade as you're basically guaranteed to need a hard drive sooner or later so you may as well just get a 20GB premium for $20 extra.

The wiki page also seems to suggest the Arcade does not support HD resolutions, but my guess is this can be remedied through a replacement cable (though the component cables cost about £30 -not sure how many dollars- so again it makes sense just to get a premium and have it included in the package).
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM       
What he said.

That was very funny. Well done.
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 06:59 AM       
I have somewhat of a pseudo-addiction to New Super Mario Bros. minigames, particularly the table games. Bloody Luigi screwed me over too many times, if I was playing for real money I would be broke, were it not for my resolve and ability to quit when I'm starting to lose then start again later with better AI chances.

I'm also considering if Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is worth while, and I've heard good things about it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:46 AM       
Final Fantasy Tactics is never worth anyone's time
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades View Post
I'm also considering if Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is worth while, and I've heard good things about it.
Have some bad things from someone who put in over 40 hours:

Story is useless, but the cutscenes are mandatory. Name your hero and clan the most insulting name you can think of, just so the cutscenes are more tolerable.

Combat's slow as hell, but it beats the shit out of the PSP remake of the first game (laaaaaaaaaaag). AI can be a real bastard too: if a weak ally makes a run for it, it's not rare for an enemy to run right around your clump of team members and go right for the weakling out of spite.

You need to grind a few hours in to beat a mission. In fact, you're expected to grind a lot in (even more) useless side missions if you ever hope to finish the story.

And lastly, the game still looks like a fucking GBA launch game. Not a single improvement at all. Let's not forget that the character design is the stupidest shit even concieved (the hero has high heels, some boot funnels, a pizza cutter sword, another sword, a book on his pants, and random circles of metal tucked away on his bellbottoms)

I liked the job system though :D

Itsa me!
Qwarx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades View Post

It's a really good game. The law system isn't shit and a lot of the new jobs are pretty good. The only problems are that the accuracy system is sort of out of whack and the graphics haven't made that much of an improvement. I'd recommend it if you like strategy games and/or RPGs.

So what do you guys think about Super Mario RPG on the Wii's Virtual Console?
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM       
the first two Paper Marios were better, IMO.

#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 10:43 PM       
The worst Mario RPG was Partners in Time, and that's not saying much as it's still a very enjoyable game.