Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM        Isaac Hayes is off South Park
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/va/20060313/114230606100.html

So uhh... I'm guessing that Chef's off too now?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM       
probably. i thought the episode he's quitting over was funny as shit so i guess this proves scientologists really don't have a sense of humor after all
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 08:28 PM       
Considering the fact that he has appeared less in the last few seasons, and that spoofing scientology has not help his situation I'm not completely shocked that Issac is leaving. Still, I think that is too bad. Well, at least Butters has made up for Chef's growing absense
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 08:45 PM       
The things that are most interesting.

They held off on targetting Scientology out of respect for Isaac. Then they brought it up to him, and he was OK. There's even recordings from a radio show where he was OK with it.

How long ago did the original air, too?

Well, Isaac lost two good friends, but at least he is still under the iron fist of his Scientologist brothers.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 08:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
The things that are most interesting.

They held off on targetting Scientology out of respect for Isaac. Then they brought it up to him, and he was OK. There's even recordings from a radio show where he was OK with it.

How long ago did the original air, too?

Well, Isaac lost two good friends, but at least he is still under the iron fist of his Scientologist brothers.
He said to them that he knew it was a joke and all to Parker and Stone, but also that people would take that too seriously or misinterpret the episode.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 12:07 AM       
That epidsode aired originally in November if I remember correctly. It's interesting to see how long it took for him to quit (unless his contract held him for a specific time).
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
thats what i guessed happened, peer pressure to quit almost, either that or contract issues

Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:12 PM       
thats totaly what happend. he still had 2 years left on his contract...
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 07:00 PM       
all I can say is "ugh.."

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 08:13 PM       
GOOODDDDBYEEE CHILDREN

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 10:08 PM       
lol
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 10:46 PM       
He wasn't really funny anyway. He is like a legacy character from the first few series' who never does anything interesting.
OH GOD
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:05 PM       
if you say so
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 11:41 PM       
Can't wait for the mothership to pick up Isaac Hayes, Tom Cruise, John Travolta and the other spacemen.
ABSeNCe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
He wasn't really funny anyway. He is like a legacy character from the first few series' who never does anything interesting.
You might not think he's funny, but you can't deny that every song he sings is fucking great.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM       
I gotta say, I really liked last night's episode. Making fun of Family Guy? Priceless.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 01:54 PM       
They didn't make fun of Family Guy enough, I think. Maybe if next week actually is part two and it wasn't just a joke maybe they'll do it more justice.

God I hate Family Guy now

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM       
Family guy can be funny when the random refrences are absurd and not just pop culture refrences. I like south park better but I figure most people who watch south park do.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM       
I'm not the biggest south park fan, because all the episodes I've seen are pushing the show towards the direction of a character driven political cartoon. but I liked last nights episode cuz it kept taking shots at family guy that shoulda been done long ago and auspiciously hinted at people comparing family guy with south park.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 11:00 PM       
South park's a really funny show, usually, but sometimes the underlying preachiness gets to be a bit too much. It'd probably seem lame for a retaliation at this point, but if family guy WERE to make fun of south park that'd be an easy thing to take a shot at.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 11:49 PM       
I don't know Family guys plots are so incoherent that they could probably slip in a joke about south park this weekend.

along with a touching life lesson...
Staxeon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:24 AM       
Probably not. Matt and Trey have said they can whip out an episode in a week if they push it, hence how alot of their stuff is so timely. A Family Guy ep can be in production for 18 months before it hits air. They send revisions back and forth to Korea all the time.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 06:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim
They didn't make fun of Family Guy enough, I think. Maybe if next week actually is part two and it wasn't just a joke maybe they'll do it more justice.
I'm sure there will be a part two, nothing was resolved by the end. I wonder if they're gonna call attention to the fact that South Park already has portrayed Muhammed on the show?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:59 PM       
Yeah, I completely forgot about that. Wasn't he flying and shooting fire out of his hands?

Also, Seaman.

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 01:42 PM       
The Super Best Friends!