Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 07:44 PM       
BUT SEASON 20 HAD THE BEST FIGHT EVER.

OKAY SEASON 20 WAS JUST ONE FIGHT BUT IT HAD THAT THING WITH THE SUPER SAYIAN AND THE HADOUKENS AND SHIT.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM       
just saw the commercial for this with seth green

christ
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM       
Just saw another Seth Green spot where a kid is choosing his date outfit, Seth mentions a fur poncho, and the kid shows up to the date wearing one.

I 'd again
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM       
About 9hrs in and really enjoying it. Even though there´s A LOT of battles, at least I can see the enemies in the field. Big plus. That and the Mp-stealing Wands make the game very relaxed imo. Okay, the fact that you can´t die is also a plus
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM       
You can die, but you really can cushion the penalties for doing so with the bank.

Have you started putting points in wands for your casters. If not you should it gives you virtually infinite MP once you master wands
drifting in the void
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 07:11 PM       
I only have a Priest with me right now but he puts all his stuff in wands, I love that MP-regen-shit Haven´t missed a mage yet but I don´t know what he can do aside from normal elemental magic so I don´t know what I´m missing out on :D

I don´t see this "run-back-to-where-you-were-defeated" as real dying, it´s very relaxed I think. As you said, the bank is really useful there.

One question...is there a way to respec you mainchar later on? I mean what if I spent a lot of points in a useless skill or something like that?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 08:47 PM       
Once you get back to the celestial home base you are sent back down, and you have to save Abbot Jack. Once you save Abbot Jack, class changes are open to you

EDIT: what besides a priest did you go with? I went Priest, Mage, Thief
drifting in the void
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM       
I got to that part yesterday but what I mean is, what if I mis-skill (is that a word?) my MC, I mean there´s not gonna be enough levels to get everything is there?

I went with myself as the minstrel in the beginning, priest, warrior and thief (though the thief didn´t really get anything outstanding yet, skilled her in Knifes almost exclusively). Changed my profession to martial artist a while ago and it´s okay I guess. The warrior and the thief were doing the majority of the damage, now I´m in second place with the martial artist. Up till now the reviews are right: it´s really very, VERY easy so far. I did die on the first boss though because I sorted my healing items from my pockets to my bag and had none in the fight :D

Looking forward to the other 4 (?) classes and a mage later on maybe...right now "Attack" is all I need with the occasional heal in between...
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 02:33 PM       
Most stuff (other than each classes exclusive line like Aquisitiveness for thieves and Faith for priests) can be attained in multiple classes. You get (I believe) enough points per class you level to 99 to get 2 skills to 100. I focus on the class exclusive skills first because the stat bonuses they give carry over to any class you play
drifting in the void
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 03:17 PM       
I read up on that and you are right. You get 200 Skillpoints from Level 1-99 BUT you can reset your class when you hit 99 and keep your skills, so you can start again at Level 1 but already have a skill at 100 and gain 200 Point all over again.

Switched to Thief now to get the class-skills and found a nice place to farm Metal-Medleys (those Metal Slimestacks)...pretty effectiv but I still need a skill that can crit most of the time...but the only weapon skills my guys know are spear and knife...a well.
drifting in the void
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 11:04 PM       
Goddamnit. Couldn´t really sleep tonight and somehow my game-clock tells me that I poured almost 25 hours into the game since friday afternoon. What the fuck. 5 in the morning and I don´t have anything better to do than posting this stuff

Got me Lightning-Spear or something like that, one of those crit-or-miss-skills, works quite good on the Metal medleys. If the lazy fuckers show up that is. Unlocked Ranger and Paladin as well...just plain fun somehow.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 12:54 AM       
I've been working on the Gladiator class.

I think the DQVC is pretty neat and the familiar characters that sometimes stay in the Royal Suite.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
drifting in the void
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 07:31 AM       
The Gladiator Quest is getting on my nerves...I´m supposed to put the Metalslime to sleep I guess but it never works...
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 07:36 AM       
I thought that quest was have your wizard get the kill when he puts up a ward?

I did it by having the first round be all regular attacks except the wizard who dropped a ward. The following round the wizard attacked while everyone else defends.

Took 4 fights with metal slimes to finish it
drifting in the void
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 08:19 AM       
That´s the Armamentalis Quest I think (never heard that word before...armamentalist)

The Gladiator wants you to reach maximum Tension and then finish off a...fuck...a normal Slime, not a Metal slime, thanks for reminding me of my own stupidity Pentegarn :D

Off to the fields I go...
drifting in the void
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 03:43 AM       
Well that was easy once I whacked the right slimes :D

Armamentalist and Ranger are unlocked as well...seems like I have all the Jobs I can unlock right now...now to continue the story...I want to get to this fabled spot with the liquid metal slimes
drifting in the void
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 07:18 AM       
Gah, my Bag detached the Game from the DS while I carried it around...and I just had the fucking knife-quest done...pretty logical too: A flower stole a knife. How do you get it back? Easy, put the flower to sleep and then kill it with a toxic knife-attack.
Gardening for Berserkers.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 03:21 PM       
I also recently unlocked the Paladin class. Haven't messed with it yet.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
drifting in the void
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM       
Paladin´s alright so far but honestly? No encounter in the whole 28hrs needed anything else than 3 warriors/thiefs and one priest. Just melee everything to death and heal afterwards, worked very well so far. There´s nice details like accelerate or sleep but you don´t really need it. And I like that about the game. It´s simple and fun and you can use about anything you want to fight.

The priest and thief are the only guys that never changed class up till now. The main learns all kinds of shit and the warrior went Monk, Paladin and Gladiator for some of the skills but that´s it basically.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 05:36 PM       
I might make my main an Armamentalist once he hits 99 in minstrel. I want him to have both swords and litheness mastered before I move on