Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:37 PM       
You're missing the point Vince. If you had really digested what I was suggesting you'd realize that I WON'T CARE who rules us. I won't care about ANYTHING. Your trivial pursuit of a non-existant utopia/distopia is just that. Trivial. Why should I bother myself with activities that give me no pleasure and don't prevent me from pursuing such pleasurable activites?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:41 PM       
I think your intelligence is proven by saying that I would like a utopia. If I was liberal, yes, but I'm not so I know it can not exist, since humans are flawed.

It's sad that you dont care about who controls your fate. Why dont you just leap off a building if that is the case? Why live?

For example, say we were taken over by China. Say we became nothing but slaves who pushed the Wheel of Pain all day. Would you fight back, or would you just go "Gee Whiz" and push the wheel?
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:47 PM       
Still, you misunderstand. I said "Why should I bother myself with activities that give me no pleasure and don't prevent me from pursuing such pleasurable activites?"

If China intended to invade and do away with my freedom. Then absolutely, I would fight. But that is a personal issue of freedom. I classify that as my individual pursuit of happiness rather than a political issue.

I go on living because as rare as the ocassions may be, I do occasionally enjoy life. It is fun. And if oblivion is my alternative, why not continue living just for the purpose of existing?

I doubt that there will be any political event in my life so grand in scale that it will seriously challenge my ability to live a somewhat happy life, therefore I'm considering detaching myself from the burden of giving a damn.

The key thing to take in consideration when understanding this proposed stance on life is that it no longer applies when something will be detrimental to my own happiness.

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:52 PM       
OHHHHHHHHHHHhh.... Go back to Fark! Man, you just showed me! I guess I should go back to a web site I just found out about 2 weeks ago to a message board I never visited! Big insult!

And I'm a love child of no one. Althought it may be possible that you are mine. Althought if I would have known how you would have came out, I would have flushed you in a rubber many moons ago.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:54 AM       
That was the lamest attempt at a "No, YOU are!" comback I've ever seen.

I guess all those thoughts put into where the swastika would go on your jammies didn't leave you anything left to work with then it came to humor, or intelligence.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:41 AM       
My sister's boyfriend cares about the war. He cares a great deal. He cares so much, he doesn't want to miss a moment of it on TV and cheers and laughs like a retard every time there's a bombing.

I hate him so much.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:17 AM       
You wouldn't have so much contempt for him if you relieved yourself of the stress of caring about it though. See?

We would all be so much happier living in a world where all we care about are our own endeavors.

Despite this I still haven't quite taken that leap of ignorance yet. I just can't honestly say I don't care.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:35 AM       
I still don't care; except that it is pre-empting my favourite TV shows.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:21 PM       
I wish I could view the war in abstraction and detachment like you guys. Unfortunately, it's real to me and I have a lot invested in it emotionally and mentally. Must be nice to view it from the outside. :/

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:44 PM       
Unlike usual i have completely agreed with jamesman on every single post.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:27 PM       
Quote:
I wish I could view the war in abstraction and detachment like you guys. Unfortunately, it's real to me and I have a lot invested in it emotionally and mentally. Must be nice to view it from the outside.
Are you like, waking up with the shakes or something? I guess it's to be expected that you'd be more attached since you've said you're a Gulf War vet.

The media coverage of this war so far has really been quite sickening, and that's what makes me not care. There's no objectiveness to it at all, and everything is complete speculation all the time and usually about useless facts.:

"We have just received reports that cruise missiles were fired at a rock in Northern Iraq. Let's ask our panel of 26 experts what they think for the next hour."

"Well Larry, in all likelihood, the rock was a government outpost and an important part of Saddam's regime. Of course, in my day, we would have blasted that rock for at least 3 days before moving in with a full battalion to ensure complete annihilation."

"Thank you, Irrelevant Retired Army Guy, let's move on to Backwoods Senator for her take on this turn of events."

"Without going into details that I am not allowed to divulge, we believe that it is possible an Iraqi leader *may* have thrown that rock thirty years ago, as a child. Our intelligence reports indicate that this rock held great sentimental value and this leader may have been out looking for it at the time the missile struck. We are still analyzing satellite photos before officially announcing our success at destroying this important symbol of one man's childhood."

"Thank you, Backwoods Senator. Irrelevant Current Army Guy, could you tell our viewers about the exact process that goes into the building, polishing, loading, targetting and firing of a Tomahawk cruise missile?"

"Certainly, Larry. The image that you see on the screen now is of factory workers scooping up explosives to be packed into the cruise missile.

Now, Larry, this substance is the stuff that actually makes the missile explode, so it is very dangerous; that's why we only have brown people doing this.

The missile is made of metal, and painted with enamel-based model paints, so there's no polishing involved, Larry. The brown people already have their hands full, Ha ha ha.

As you can see in this photo, Larry, the missile is loaded using a highly technical 'lifting' process. These soldiers have been highly trained in their lifting abilities and are professionals. You are seeing Privates Bart, Willard and Darryl as well as Corporal Darryl in this photo. They are all married, and Private Bart is expecting his third child this May. We wish his wife Nancy all the best with that.

This complicated diagram shows how we chose targets.

Here's where all the fun starts, people! This is your tax dollars at work. The missile has now been fully constructed and targetting and is now launched. Soon there will be a large explosion, like the one we have just witnessed in Northern Iraq concerning that rock."

"Thank you for that clear description, Irrelevant Current Army Guy. We have to break for five minutes of commercials now, but when we return we will be talking to Bill Nye the Science Guy about what exactly happens when a rock explodes and several environmentalists to discuss any impact this rock destruction will have. Next on CNN..."

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:31 PM       
Yep, being informed about the world around me is the pits. Like I said, be good sheeple and detach yourself from reality around you. We had 8 years of that under the adulter in chief, and look what that got us? Nowhere.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:05 AM       
I think it is going to be like the last war.