Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Selfish Gene Hunter
Crimson Ghost is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 09:41 AM       
Best Job: A tech. at a local University. I sit on my ass all day. I go to the gym and school for free. The salary is ok, but for what I do (nothing) it's great.

Worst Job: Ice Cream Truck Driver. I can't stand that damn music. The free ice cream was great, but after you see how dirty it is... I don't eat ice cream anymore. There are also the thousands of children that rush at you screaming "ICE CREAM" and the fact that the brakes were broken. It wasn't just a job, it was an adventure.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 10:22 AM       
There used tgo be this ad campaign that asked the am question. One guy said a job he had "Beat pumping my Dad for cash".

Personally, if "Pumping" your Dad for cash is your job, you both need help. Or at least more friends.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 11:17 AM       
Quote:
my current job is a close second though... it's so bad it hurts my feelings - internet tech. support
I hear ya, that's what I do for a MN based ISP along with webpages and etc. It sucks but I have been here for over 3 years so I'm making ok money now.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 12:39 PM       
The job would be great if it wasn't for the people calling in.

User: I'M NOT ONLINE- WTF AM I PAYING U FOR?!

Me: I see... try unplugging the modem?

User: NOW HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT I'M AT WORK?!

Me: *MUTE* OK I'LL JUST PUSH THE BUTTON THAT SAYS "ONLINE" ON MY SYSTEM HERE - YEPPERS LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY MUST'VE HIT IT OFF - NOW YOU SHOULD BE ALL SET

And I want the Outlook Express programmers to suffer unbelievable agony... god how I hate that program...
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 01:57 PM       
Heh that is what makes it suck.

"I have no idea what the hell I'm doing but I want internet!!!!!"

What really pisses me off is the old people... Who am I kidding? Everyone who calls fucking pisses me off even if they just called to get our PO Box or something... heh. Rage....

I was helping this guy today who was getting error 678 and first thing I tell him to do is click on the start button. "The star button??? I don't have one of those!"

Or even trying to get some people to right click stuff is a pain in the ass.... Man, I can't believe how stupid some people can be with computers and common sense at the same time.

So much shit like that all day long....

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 02:01 AM       
Crimson, I totally forgot that I was a Sammy Man(that's what we call them in south-central WI, represent, muthafuckaz!) for exactly one day. By Providence, or luck, or the wrath of God, I ended up riding with some girl that I used to work with at Little Caesar's, who, after she got fired, turned to nude maid-housecleaning(I swear to fucking God I'm not making this up), and proceeded to show me the ropes about the ins and outs of ice-cream driving. Sure as shit, I hit a car at an intersection, since I wasn't used to the British handling of the Jeep. You know, the right side is where the action is. I quit the next morning, and the owner actually threatened to sue me for backing out on my "contract". That was the ultimate dichotomy of jobs. Hang out with a stripper all day vs. little to no money and zero respect.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
Heh that is what makes it suck.

"I have no idea what the hell I'm doing but I want internet!!!!!"

What really pisses me off is the old people... Who am I kidding? Everyone who calls fucking pisses me off even if they just called to get our PO Box or something... heh. Rage....

I was helping this guy today who was getting error 678 and first thing I tell him to do is click on the start button. "The star button??? I don't have one of those!"

Or even trying to get some people to right click stuff is a pain in the ass.... Man, I can't believe how stupid some people can be with computers and common sense at the same time.

So much shit like that all day long....

You speak the truth, my friend. The worst I had was a guy who didn't know which version of Windows he was running... so I asked him to right-click on his "My Computer" icon... a minute later he says "Ok, now it's click". For about 2 minutes I was completely baffled, then I realized that he renamed the icon to click. 'Write' click. ugh.

And the worst is people who can't differentiate between the internet service they are paying for and their computer system. They're running a P133 with 32 megs and Win95 and blame the ISP because their computer isn't 'high speed' like their friends'.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 07:32 PM       
yeah it totally sucks. I get a bunch of people who don't know what os they are running so eventually I just have to figure it out myself by having them read what is on their screen or start button if they are using windows. It is sad.. and the no dialtone calls.... man.... some people, no dialtone means what it says.... your not getting a dialtone, it is your problem, quit calling.

cenamalo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 07:38 PM       
best: my current job. i work at a church (bring on the pedophilia jokes) and basically sit there from 4.30 to 10ish waiting for everyone to leave so i can lock up. in the meantime i do homework, watch tv, or go online. not bad for about $7/hour.

worst: playground assistant. kids suck. $5.15/hour. i'm fairly certain that's below minimum here in michigan. however, i made it a point to do a half-ass job and come at least 10 minutes late every day