Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 01:58 PM        Best/Worst Job You Ever Had
The topic was striked up between me and my friend who work the late shift at this shitty video store.

Personally the one I'm at is great now, barely anyone comes at night, so we just watch movies. Although this one is good, the best job I ever had was when i got to work at a comic book shop, I was friends witht he owners, and i got some free comics and action figures for working there other than my usual pay. Sadly, the guy who owned it died in a car accident, and the the other guy left Illinois, and so the shop went out of business.

Worst job I ever had was when I had to play some holiday icons (Santa,Easter Rabbit,ect.) for a mall in the old town I used to live in. The kids were obnoxious and the pay sucked. So I got myself fired after telling one really annoying group of kids that Santa isn't real. Yes, I am one rat bastard.

Now what about you?

This is what I have since I am too cheap to pay for a livejournal

"Professor Cool is Cool, yet unorganized," said one student
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:00 PM       
I can't work yet, but I can't wait to become a garbage man!
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:02 PM       
I had a great job at the water works where I worked in the water filtration facilities. It was great, plenty of walks by the lake and alot of riding around in trucks smoking cigarettes.
Then someone came up with the idea of saving money by having us electrical wiz kids come help the guys in the sewer department. The sewers are nasty on so many levels. I found a new job in record time.

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:10 PM       
I work in a steel factory right now, it really sucks shit. some guy had a sheet of metal smash off the ends of his fingers last week.

Chris P. Bacon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:15 PM       
I think I must be your evil twin Prof. I work the late shift in a video store too and like your store not too many people come in at night except maybe Friday and Sat. The rest of the time we break out the PS2 and play whatever the newest games are. I worked at a comic shop also but it was a litttle less memorable because the boss was a total dick and a LOT of nerds had their "Who would win between...." conversations. But when they weren't there it was cool. I'd just site abck and read comics and skin mags. I ended up getting fired.

I think the most pointless jobs I ever had were 1)air purifiers salesman. I sold two and was owed $600 but didn't receive a dime because both of my sales' credit came back rejected. Imagine that. You send me into the ghetto to sell a $2000 piece of equpiment and the credit is bad. Would who have guessed that. and
2)I worked for Sears and my job was to call people and let them know that a repairman was not going to make it out for their appointment. What's scary about that job is that Sears had to hire 6 or so people full time just to cancell appointments.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:37 PM       
Hand jobs for quarters at the Fox Run Mall, second stall on the left
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:52 PM       
Any job that I worked at and I had some dick that thought he was going to push me around, but ended up being left to work by himself at a busy moment.

Edited because of poor grammar :/
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 04:24 PM       
Quote:
Edited because of poor grammar
fucking edit it again, then. moron.

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 04:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FartinMowler
Any job that I worked at and I had some dick that thought he was going to push me around, but ended up being left to work by himself at a busy moment.
Oh you devil! How could you!

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 05:32 PM       
worst: fast food service
best: research asst for attorney over the summer. I did it at home on the net, so I made my own hours, got to sleep in, and got to do it in my pajamas.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 08:26 PM        ...
I worked at Baskin Robbins for almost two years. We would eat a ton of junk food, then trade out while one person went to the basement to smoke a joint.
I gave out free ice cream all the time. I think I was personally responsible for putting that business under. It's now a Subway.
The wage was shitty... A dime or two over minimum wage at that time. That was in 96-97 if I recall.
Now that I think about it, it was a kickass job.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 09:16 PM       
Cartoonist....cartoonist .
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:11 PM       
The coach of the football team asked me to tape the games (because I had taken TV 1 a year earlier) and he offered to pay me $60 a game. I was all for it (They played 12 games... 12 * 60 = 720). The football team took a liking to me; I even got to be in the homecoming parade and I developed some new strategies for the team based on what I saw from the camera. However, when payday comes, I recieve a check for $238... almost a third of what I expected. I got really pissed, but I didn't say anything...

The fact that I lost 476 dollars makes this the worst job I ever took. But 238's at least better than nothing

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:13 AM       
They played you like a worn out banjo, Robo

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
Quote:
Edited because of poor grammar
fucking edit it again, then. moron.

Robo- I'd do an for you too, but you might think I'm laughing at your story, but I'd be laughing at you and how they made you their bitch.

That was very funny. Well done.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:58 AM       
Best: My current job (amateur tat artist )

Worst: Hard to say... more or less anything else (salesman@ Dillard's, concessions lackey@ Carmike Cinemas)

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 03:53 PM       
Best jobizza delivery driver. I drove around all day, listening to music, and went home with free food, Mountain Dew, and usually about $100 in cash every night.

Worst job: working in a meat processing plant. 30 degree temperatures, hair nets, and for some reason, two Mexican guys who didn't speak a lick of English (like about 90% of the people there) tried starting a fight with me two hours after I started. Needless to say, I quit during lunchtime on my first day. Oh, and it only paid $6.25 an hour.

My most mediocre job was working at Blockbuster. Sure, I got free movies, but Randal's words echoed in my head on a daily basis.
"This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers."

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 05:23 PM       
Quote:
I can't work yet, but I can't wait to become a garbage man!
Sanitation workers are among the highest paid blue collar civil servants. Plus in rich neighborhoods people throw out new TV, palm pilots with phone numbers still in them, one season old gas grills, and CDs. Don't dis the garbage man, dis the school teachers, there the ones who will always be piss poor.[/quote]

Russo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 05:10 PM        Fuck you I hate you all you fucking bitches
Vagina coach

Hehe its funny because at first I typod and wrote, "Vagina couch." which brings up a whole new world of possibilities.
Dirty Girl
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 06:03 PM       
Quote:
Don't dis the garbage man
I'm definetly not. I know their pretty highly paid, and get muscles.

With my current work ethic, it's a possible occupation.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 01:37 PM       
Working at a ice cream shop/gas station really sucked but my worst job was probably cleaning cabins at a resort. Found the grossest things and it was shitty work.

My job right now blows too since I deal with the stupidest people around... Work sucks in general.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 01:52 PM       
Best job: animation studio - colouring and adding fx and camera movements to tv cartoons.. just sit back all day at a beast of a computer with with my headphones on and play around with software

Worst job: coffee/donut shop when i was 18 - my boss was such a huge bitch. i was fired because i was too drunk to work

my current job is a close second though... it's so bad it hurts my feelings - internet tech. support

generally i hate work where i have to interact with the public
Dirty Girl
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 01:56 PM       
Hmmm, what if you were a hitman?

Russo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:39 PM        fuck you all
You are all a bunch of fucking shithead cow molesting bitches.

Except for Sadie. She rox.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:32 AM       
Worst Job: My current one. I work at Stop & Shop. I stand between two conveyor belts, moving products from one to the other while occasionally handling money, and fantasizing about a job that actually puts my brain to use.
That, or Radio Shack. I worked as a sales associate there for six months. The pay was great, but bi-weekly, and as I was working 50-55 hour weeks, I spend most of my free time intoxicated, and frequently ran out of money well before my next paycheck. That, and comission sales in a crappy plaza in a crappy town with crappy people who have crap for crap in their wallets is the most stressful thing you could ever imagine. Crap.

Best Job: Best Buy. I got paid $9.36/hr to do returns and exchanges all day. That's it. People came up to me, saying "This is broken." and I said "Go get a new one and bring it back here." then sent them home. Or, "I don't want this." and "Fine, here's your money back."
Everyone I worked with seemed to bitch and moan about annoying customers who complained when they said that store policy didn't allow this that and the other thing. I just ignored store policy and everyone was happy. I got fired at the end of the holiday season.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women