Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 09:36 AM        Tape Tree Postage Averted ,and why slavemason is such an ass
I've noticed a couple of tape tree threads recently and they don't seem to be working so well. Rixby's heartfelt confessional illustrated a few of the many reasons why.
Why not try posting a song (or a link to it) here for anyone to listen to. Most of you have avatars and signature photos and such. It shouldn't be too complicated. (I'm sure I'll fuck it up later)
Maybe some of you are musicians and feel like subjecting your tunes to the angry mob, I know I do.
That brings up the point as to why I am such an ass. I've played in bands for many years, mostly drunk rock in local dives. Anywho, we encouraged folks to give us grief when we fucked up (which was often). As the years went by, the practice paid off and sometimes we would hear things like "Godamn that Rocked you Fuckers!"
I'll try posting one to see if anyone's is interested. It's one I wrote called Knumbskull and it explains more of my retardation.
http://www.compuonesc.com/ground-zer...0Numbskull.mp3
If it doesn't work, well fuck...
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 09:41 AM       
Well fuck, it didn't seem to work. Then again my computer is a piece of shit. Anyway if anyone is interested, there's some Bible Belt Rock at groundzerorocks.com, under the local music roots section.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:12 PM        re:
i would love to share music via internet, rather than do the tape-tree thing again. only problem, what are some good, free places to put up mp3's? geocities takes forever to upload on and you don't get much space, if i recall correctly. maybe i'd even pay a very small amount for some web-space if it was quicker and i had plenty of room for a serious amount of mp3's.
i should also really check into ftp's. argh.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 10:30 PM       
I don't know any of those details. If it turns out to be a big pain in the ass then I will be convinced that the internet is an over rated jack-shack.
It seemed like if people were interested, they could share songs via a peer-to-peer program. My wife informed me that soul seek had been down. Does anyone know what program most people are using these days (hoping for some underground representation)?
Oh well...
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:24 AM       
Ahh but where's the fun in that?

You might just as well email everyone what songs you'd put on tape, and let them buy/download the tunes of their own accord.

Making tapes and CD's is great fun, not to mention the feeling of getting something cool in the post from another mocker!

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 04:47 PM        re:
it's not very good to be honest, but kazaa is undoubtedly the best as far as ye olde underground music goes. sometimes you'll find something you totally didn't expect to find (my acid mothers temple discography is almost complete!), but then you won't even be able to find the new fucking xiu xiu album! yaaargh!
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 06:31 PM       
Blackjack, I enjoy making comp tapes more than the CDs for a couple of reasons. First off, it's just much easier to use different mediums, such as other tapes, my 4-Track, the blessed vinyl, and even lame filler shit from the QVC channel. I don't have the patience for for all the conversions and such. Secondly, I thinks it's fun to listen to the tunes as I record them. It gives a little flexibility and spontaneity. It's been a long time since I made a comp tape, Damn. :/