Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 07:03 AM        Help me identify this PC adventure/RPG from the 90's
I don't have much to go on, I'm afraid. I remember I got it for Christmas one year, and had to retrun it because it wouldn't work on my computer for some reason.

I THINK it was a first-person view. I remember it came on 6 or 7 CDs, each one used for a new area you'd visit. I remember little mushroom monsters that would attack you early on.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 07:14 AM       
I think I know every pc adventure game there is and this probably aint one. Although I do admit on the multimedia craze I kinda slipped out so maybe it is an adventure game. Doesn't even ring the slightest bell, sorry.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 07:50 AM       
The only adventure games I know that came on so many CDs were Gabriel Knight 2 and Phantasmagoria 1.

Was it Shivers maybe? I never played that one, but I remember from reviews that it had both video material and animated creatures like wood-ghosts or something.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 08:25 AM       
Realms of Haunting? That was more like a FPS/Adventure though.

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 08:42 AM       
From the amount of CD's I'd be inclined to say Baldurs Gate, but that's definately not a first person game. Try using mobygames to find it.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 10:15 AM       
Nemesis: The Wizardry Adventure.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 11:27 AM       
You're not thinking of Riven, are you?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 01:56 PM       
Riven didn't have monsters.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 05:33 PM       
Christ you guys, it was SMB:FPS. After all of those "strafe, jump, strafe, coin" jokes that littered every damn game magazine, who could forget that travesty? Hopping was never meant as a pick-up weapon.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
Nemesis: The Wizardry Adventure.
Holy fucking shit, that's it. I couldn't think of the name, but as soon as you said that, I'm all like "Holy fucking shit, that's it."

Now if only I could find it for download. Not that I even know how to do emulation for CD games, especially one that came on so many CDs.

I wish I could say "You all should check out this awesome game," but I hardly got a chance to play it, so it could very well suck. And I don't even know where to find it. Underdogs doesn't have it.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:59 AM       
Perndog used his devil magics to divine that name for you. You owe him one infant.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 10:09 AM       
I have the game. It does suck. Never, ever play it, except as a taste of revolutionary cutting-edge graphics from 1996. And if cutting edge mid-90s graphics are what you want, stick with Myst.

Alternately, if anyone really wants to play it, I will burn you a copy for five bucks plus shipping.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 10:10 AM       
He'll still take the infant.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 01:27 PM       
k, so how exactly do you play CD games on emulation? Particularly if I want to play them solely from the hard drive?

I have a few old games (legit) that I'd like to install and play, but my computer's too high-performance for them. I know you can play Dos games on a dos emulator, but how do you emulate an older computer if the games use Windows?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 07:01 PM       
right-click/compatibility/run this program in compatibility mode for/windows 95?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 07:03 PM       
ps wizardry: crusaders of the dark savant is bettar you should get that :'(
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
right-click/compatibility/run this program in compatibility mode for/windows 95?
Does that work when trying to run a game from the CD?
OH GOD
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 04:26 AM       
yeah, it should- if it doesn't, make a shortcut to it first and do it to the shortcut maybe :/

but if the problem is it's going too fast, you might want to try some sort of slowdown program for windows, i think i remember getting good results with one called TURBO when i was trying to get Quest for Glory 4 to run

-willie
OH GOD
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 04:50 AM       
in case you need it (you prob. wont but w/e)

http://home.blarg.net/~mobbswm/turbo.zip
Marine is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 05:35 AM        Re: Help me identify this PC adventure/RPG from the 90's
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I don't have much to go on, I'm afraid. I remember I got it for Christmas one year, and had to retrun it because it wouldn't work on my computer for some reason.

I THINK it was a first-person view. I remember it came on 6 or 7 CDs, each one used for a new area you'd visit. I remember little mushroom monsters that would attack you early on.

i think i could be able to identify it with more information.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 12:38 PM        Re: Help me identify this PC adventure/RPG from the 90's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
i think i could be able to identify it with more information.
Read thread, k thx. I'm still really amazed that Perndog was able to help out with that. I really had very little memory to go on, and he just nailed. it.

And thanks for the help, Willie. Now I need to find my 7th Guest CD.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 06:31 PM       
I don't think any other adventure games exist with such an ungodly number of discs.
OH GOD
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 07:09 PM       
never played phantasmagoria eh
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 08:56 AM       
Or some of the Tex Murphy games.

And Wizardry is not an adventure game.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 01:04 PM       
This wasn't Wizardry. It was something entirely different by the same developer who thought they could sell a few extra copies by tacking the name Wizardry on it.