Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM        Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots!
The European fightback against reactionary Muslim bigots has started. I'm buying Danish.

'SixÂ*European newspapers have reprinted controversial cartoons of the prophet Muhammad which have provoked outrage, trade boycotts and threats of violence towards DanesÂ*after they were first published in a Danish paper.

Under the headline "We have the right to caricature God," a struggling French tabloid today reprintedÂ*all 12 of theÂ*cartoons first printed by Jyllands-Posten, a right-of-centre Danish broadsheet last September.

See cartoons here

In an accompanying commentary, the editor of France Soir, which is in financial difficulties and has a readership of around 60,000, said he would never apologise for the decision to publish. Serge Faubert wrote: "Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots!

"There is nothing in these incriminated cartoons that intends to be racist or denigrate any community as such. Some are funny, others less so. That’s it. That is why we have decided to publish them," he added. "No, we will never apologise for being free to speak, to think and to believe."'

Link here