Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Ferret
Exactly. It is a cartoon, a cartoon is a joke. A joke is meant to be funny.
Then why was only one of them even remotely funny? That's my biggest beef with the Dutch cartoonists. Their sense of humor sucks balls!

Isn't FS Danish? I bet if they'd let him do the cartoons the Muslims would be LOLing in the streets.

edit: I need to read all the replies before replying
Actually Dutch cartoonists are pretty fucking funny.

The Danes suck at it, though.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 04:48 PM       
shut yer nationalist piehole. yer all wooden shoes and viking hats to me!
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 07:28 PM       
Of all the crazy posts I've read on this forum, I don't think I've once ever seen anyone try and explain the motives of an abortion clinic bombing, or defend Chrisitians who do that sort of thing in the "name of the book".

Did they actually burn the Koran, or just threaten to? I don't know, I'm not defending it, I'm just a bit preoccupied with the other burnings going on. Like buildings.

How did they get that many Danish flags in the Middle East so quickly anyway?

Anyway, knowing they're introducing blasphomy legislation in the Netherlands and knowing Theo Van Gogh was murdered for making a movie that offended Muslims means their threats aren't simply figures of speech.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
lol. you've lost your respect for all danish people because of some cartoons?
Unless they invented the danish I didn't have any respect to lose.

they almost lost me with the cheese danish too...
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Of all the crazy posts I've read on this forum, I don't think I've once ever seen anyone try and explain the motives of an abortion clinic bombing, or defend Chrisitians who do that sort of thing in the "name of the book".
I don't think that's half as crazy as someone confusing a Kingdom for a city in Iran.
Quote:
Did they actually burn the Koran, or just threaten to?
They apparently gathered around with a bunch of Korans, attempting to burn it, before the cops showed up and threw like a 100 of them behind bars for a day or something. So, no, I don't think they've actually burned it.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 01:25 PM       
Great.

These cartoons are being sold as T-Shirts now.
Mocker

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by I, fuzzbot.
I don't think that's half as crazy as someone confusing a Kingdom for a city in Iran.
I'm glad Iran was never, ever a Kingdom (cough), or you might sound about as dumb as you did when you claimed Al-Banna reached out in peace to the non-existant Jewish citizens of Jordan.

Two Jordan editors are arrested
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4680948.stm

"Muslims of the world be reasonable," wrote Mr Momani.

"What brings more prejudice against Islam, these caricatures or pictures of a hostage-taker slashing the throat of his victim in front of the cameras or a suicide bomber who blo
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM       
I don't think the muslims who do those things care about how the world sees them or islam, as I've said before, they just know that someone insulted their religion and concurrently them so they think it's free reign to go nuts.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad Iran was never, ever a Kingdom (cough)
I LOVE watching you try to hold your own back but failing miserably whenever I bring this up. The fact that you will never, ever admit to your utter ignorance of the basic geography of the region you claim to be an expert on says a lot about you.

If you knew your history, which you definitely don't, you'd understand the al-Banna reference. Look it up. [Yes, that means find a book.]
Mocker

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM       
There is utterly no logic to your Al-Banna reference, short of bullshit proganda. You were bragging about how great Muslims get along with outside religions, and used the birth of Al-Banna's Islamic supremacist movement as an example. I don't care what book you read about it in. I haven't seen you admit you made an error, and you're the one who keeps reducing these conversations down to a pissing contest.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
There is utterly no logic to your Al-Banna reference, short of bullshit proganda. You were bragging about how great Muslims get along with outside religions, and used the birth of Al-Banna's Islamic supremacist movement as an example. I don't care what book you read about it in. I haven't seen you admit you made an error, and you're the one who keeps reducing these conversations down to a pissing contest.
So you admit that you don't know anything about his early traditional religious education and how it was combined with some exposure to modernist thought and how it influenced Jordan and its neighbouring countries regarding their treatment of those of different religions?
Mocker

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 10:08 PM       
Quote:
it was combined with some exposure to modernist thought and how it influenced Jordan
You mean seperatism?
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 10:14 PM       
My, my.

Recommended reading for "Letter Boy:"

"Political Islam: Revolution, Radicalism, or Reform" by John L. Esposito

"Muslims on the Americanization Path?" by Yvonne Yazbeck Haddad.

Both will enlighten on what I'm talking about, which you don't seem to get at all.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 10:15 PM       
kitty's got claws.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 11:26 PM       
You've named the two books you credit for brainwashing you, now try and articulate your point. John L. Esposito is regarded as one of the worlds biggest apologists for militant Islam, and Al-Banna is considered one of histories top anti-semites, period. So are these name drops intentionally loaded full of shit, or are you just ignorant?

Al-banna's greatest influence on modern Muslims in Jordan was SEPERATISM. How many Jews live legally in Jordan ?

Al-banna's greatest influence on Muslims of the Middle East was theocratic nationalism based on Shari'a style "Muslim values" by fighting secularized/westernized society, resulting in the persecution of Non-Muslims, region wide. He is a founding father of politicized Islamic extremism.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 07:31 AM       
Quote:
You've named the two books you credit for brainwashing you, now try and articulate your point. John L. Esposito is regarded as one of the worlds biggest apologists for militant Islam, and Al-Banna is considered one of histories top anti-semites, period. So are these name drops intentionally loaded full of shit, or are you just ignorant?

Al-banna's greatest influence on modern Muslims in Jordan was SEPERATISM. How many Jews live legally in Jordan ?

Al-banna's greatest influence on Muslims of the Middle East was theocratic nationalism based on Shari'a style "Muslim values" by fighting secularized/westernized society, resulting in the persecution of Non-Muslims, region wide. He is a founding father of politicized Islamic extremism.
Get your ugly face out of your fat ass and start READING books instead of dismissing everything as "bullshit," you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you fucking research it.

For the sake of this fucking discussion.

How many Jews legally live in Jordan?

Quote:
By Charles A. Radin, Globe Staff | September 22, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Convening an unprecedented meeting between a Muslim head of state and Jewish religious leaders, King Abdullah II of Jordan urged Jews and Muslims yesterday to ''take bold steps toward mutual forgiveness and reconciliation" to counteract extremist violence produced by distortion of religion.
You think the King would kick Jews out or allow them to be mistreated had he made that statement?
Mocker

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:20 AM       
Quote:
How many Jews legally live in Jordan?
Quote:
You think the King would kick Jews out or allow them to be mistreated had he made that statement?
And you're telling ME to read a book? Why don't you answer your own question, and elaborate, for the people, eh?
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:24 AM       
Quote:
And you're telling ME to read a book?
Whoa, there. That's just way too much to ask for.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:36 AM       
Quote:
The cartoons might suck but I'm buying BORDER PATROL t-shirts for the illegal brazilians in my kitchen at work :D
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:37 AM       
Are you incapable of providing an answer?
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:43 AM       
Quote:
Are you incapable of providing an answer?
Not as much as you're incapable of picking up a book*

*A set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers.
Mocker

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:58 AM       
Quote:

Quote:
By Charles A. Radin, Globe Staff | September 22, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Convening an unprecedented meeting between a Muslim head of state and Jewish religious leaders, King Abdullah II of Jordan urged Jews and Muslims yesterday to ''take bold steps toward mutual forgiveness and reconciliation" to counteract extremist violence produced by distortion of religion.

Jews are not allowed to become citizens of Jordan. The only Jews he could kick out are visitors, and diplomats. So what the fuck h ave you been talking about? You can start with Al-Banna, since you claimed he was an example of good relations between Jews and Muslims. Go on, Mister moderate.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM       
Quote:
Jews are not allowed to become citizens of Jordan. The only Jews he could kick out are visitors, and diplomats. So what the fuck h ave you been talking about? You can start with Al-Banna, since you claimed he was an example of good relations between Jews and Muslims. Go on, Mister moderate.
You see, that's what you don't get. People LEARNED from al-Banna's claims and mistakes, that's the whole point I was making, I never once stated that he was an example to prove 'good.' I was stating the opposite. It's like how many of us learned from Abdul Wahab's stupidity, that he makes us realize good things about ourselves through being hateful and generally stupid.

Read the books I suggested, or go back and see the other recommendations I made if you're not so fond of Esposito, you'll understand his influence.
Mocker

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 09:17 AM       
Quote:
Quote:

Akhbar al-Kahlij, Bahrain 2004
We don't make fun of the JEWISH FAITH, we make fun of JEWS, and I never denied it, you piece of shit.

A menorah is one of the oldest symbols of the JEWISH FAITH.
Mocker

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 09:51 AM       
Quote:
People LEARNED from al-Banna's claims and mistakes, that's the whole point I was making, I never once stated that he was an example to prove 'good.'

That explains why Hamas are so succesfull then. They learned from his mistakes. Don't trip on yourself. Let me refresh your memory what you said.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxxxx
Really not a great story to use as an example of tolerance or how Jews are your cousins.
It fits perfectly - Kulturasdfsdfkampf said we HATE Jews, pretty much, and we don't accept them because of their beliefs. The Hadith I referred to shows how forgiving, accepting, and understanding the Prophet is. That is how Muslims should be, therefore, thinking of Jews as our enemies and not our cousins is incredibly wrong, because that's how the Prophet did it, and we should follow his example.

Why don't you look up the history of Yemen and the presence of Christianity there, amongst Islam? Why don't you look up the history of Jordan and look at the presence of Judaism there, amongst Islam?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxxxx
Why are you bringing up Jordan
When I talked about Jordan I was talking about Al Banna's Islamization project.