Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:34 PM        Classic Arcade Locations
Really good resource if you're looking for an arcade with classic games in your town. It even goes as far to list tiny places, like a pizza joint, that only have one classic game in 'em. Nice thing is, it tells you what the games are at each place:

http://arcadelocations.classicgaming.gamespy.com/
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:07 AM       
I submitted an add to Seattle. Damnit, still no sign of Donkey Kong in Seattle. Thank god Donkey Kong 64 will play it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:40 AM       
i added a COUPLE, and i think i need to take some notse the next time i go a couple other places as to exactly what games they have
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:09 AM       
Anybody know what the largest classic games arcade is? They have the 2nd largest on that list (Funspot), but I'm wondering which one is the largest.

Also, does anybody know of any other cool huge arcades in the country? (they don't have to be only classic game ones)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:39 AM       
ALSO OF NOTE

http://www.arcadelocator.com/
OH GOD
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:58 AM       
there is some discussion here that might be relevant

http://arcadelocations.classicgaming...code=fldangrag

but it sounds like they are more geared towards non-video type arcade games, like wack-a-mole etc
OH GOD
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 04:11 AM       
oh crabs now i want to go down to portland

http://arcadelocations.classicgaming...?code=orporgro

http://www.groundkontrol.com/news/index.php

that place sounds retro as fuck
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 10:35 AM       
Does anyone know if there are any Arcades that still have Working Mechwarrior Pods? I got to play in one in a convention in edmonton once and it was great.

Also Playdium in edmonton died, I was extrordinarily sad.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 11:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
http://www.groundkontrol.com/news/index.php

that place sounds retro as fuck
Willie, you sweet happy manwhore, that's the place I was trying to remember the name of all night last night. Thank you! :o
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM       
damn that's awesome

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM       
I'm thinking sometime in the next year we hold the ultimate mock meet at this place. Rent it out for a day, so they shut their doors off to the public. Check it out:

http://www.groundkontrol.com/events/rentals.php

What do you guys think?
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM       
Sounds like it'd be a total bitch to miss it.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
OH GOD
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM       
you might have to charge entry fees to cover costs, it sounds awful expensive ($200/hr on weekends omfg)

but fuck that would be rad

i wonder if the star wars arcade they have is the cockpit one
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 04:09 PM       
Yeah, if we do it, I'll simply setup a donation page (kinda like we did with the forums) so people who want to attend can donate. Then I would cover the remaining costs myself. I'd just need to know how many people would come to this thing. Granted, it's not going to happen in a month or two or anything, but maybe sometime in the fall or winter. Whaddaya think?
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM       
I'd be so there and would help donate.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 05:21 PM       
This arcade sounds like the coolest fucking place ever - Lots of retro machines, retro consoles and games for sale, and electronic music spun all over the hizzy ;<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM       
as for renting the place out, i really don't think that'd be necessary or appropriate or affordable. the $50 party sounds cool, though. and the $150 free play thing also seems superfluous as all the games are like 25 cents ;<
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 05:26 PM       
Yeah but to have the entire place to ourselves 'n what not, I'd much rather have that than have it packed with random people we don't know 'n shit. I'd pay extra for that. Plus, I could get some 8-bit bands 'n shit to play there (they have a stage and if you rent out the place, you can use it for whatever you like).

Tell me that wouldn't be the best mock-meet ever.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:16 PM       
Oh man, there was this camp place I went to and the general store had Contra and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II in it. I wish I could remember the name of the place. I wish Crystal Palace still had Street Fighter II Turbo.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:17 PM       
That is amazing. I'd be there if I had any money.
was never good
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
at $150-200/hr i don't think we can uh, afford it, though ;<
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM       
IT'S WORTH IT GOD DAMNIT
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 08:34 PM       
If I were to come, would I be tarred and feathered as an ill-fit outsider?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 03:05 AM       
Anyone who had the balls to come would be welcome.

BALLS
OH GOD
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 03:28 AM