Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 09:57 PM       
So I have extreme anxiety over school and I kinda want to drop out, but part of me knows I won't make it anywhere and I might as well finish getting a bachelor's.
On top of that, I've lost contact with a bunch of friends, and I can't even talk to people anymore without over-analyzing everything.
Am I allowed to be an alcoholic now?
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 01:35 PM       
alcohol won't help

weed might
Overlord of Nostalgia
Vaporman87 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM       
@captian516: You might as well get used to the whole "losing contact with friends" thing. It keeps on going like that indefinitely. You will meet new people though, along the way, that will fill some of those missing pieces.

I'm 40 y/o now. Have a wife, three kids. And ONE friend from elementary/high school that I still hang with from time to time. That's life.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM       
holy crap you're 40 and still keep in contact with a high school friend? is this typical?
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 04:47 PM       
Our family just got a new golden retriever puppy. We haven't chosen a name for her yet.
Overlord of Nostalgia
Vaporman87 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 09:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
holy crap you're 40 and still keep in contact with a high school friend? is this typical?
Unlikely.

Have you noticed how folks 60+ are very much into the "alumni banquets" and such (just a fancy word for multiple year high school reunions). That seems to not be the case for people of my generation. Sure, my class holds a reunion. But outside of a small clique of people who hung out with each other during that time, nobody else shows up (including me).

Something got lost from the 50's and 60's up into the 80's. Some "connection" with fellow students that I have yet to discover.

Now with all the technology out there keeping us connected 24/7, this "connection" is sure to dissolve ever more quickly.
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 10:11 AM       
good riddance.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 09:16 PM       
I bought a 160gb iPod Classic 12 days ago on Amazon. It never showed up even though it said it was delivered, so on Tuesday I asked for a replacement. Today Amazon says that can't replace it, but they can refund my money so I can try again and get free one-day shipping.

Except buttfucking Apple discontinued this iPod yesterday and now I can't buy it through Amazon at all anymore, just through third-party sellers with jacked up prices

So I wrote Amazon again saying that they should send me a fucking iPod at list price since I bought it before this faggy discontinuation.

fuck

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 01:35 PM       
^That's seriously shitty. I still have my old iPod video 60gb when they first came out. Then my buddy broke the screen, and gave me a used 12gb nano as a replacement. What a downgrade.

As for me, here's a picture from Burning Man.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 07:42 PM       
How many orgies did you take part in? :hickman

Old Sep 13th, 2014, 11:11 PM       
10,000 Volt Ghost is about half a mile away from me right now but don't tell him

I hate this hacker crap!
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 09:52 AM       
ACTUALLY MILHOUSE THEY DON'T ALLOW SINGLE DUDES IN THE ORGY DOME

I hate this hacker crap!
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 09:54 AM       
But I will post a couple of stories of things I did at some point!

Old Sep 16th, 2014, 10:24 PM       
THIS IS A TRAVESTY

DID YOU AT LEAST INDULGE IN A CUDDLE-CIRCLE?

HOW MANY DRUGS DID YOU NOT DO YOU WIMP

I hate this hacker crap!
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 12:57 PM       
There were a ton of cuddle-centric events and I did partake in some! And there are definitely tons of drugs there, especially on the night of the burn. They get passed around all over the place.

Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 09:56 PM       
I love getting high now and sometimes I regret not starting sooner
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 10:31 PM       
what kind of high are we talking because if we're talking about maryjuana than yeah man weed is the sh!t

Let's play Hardball!
Old Nov 2nd, 2014, 10:41 PM       
Definitely weed
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 09:51 AM       
Weed helped me work through a lot of crap, but I'm starting to wonder if it also removed my ability to give a shit about anything anymore. Things like eating regularly or living someplace that is not my van.
Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 11:42 AM       
i think that's the world around you and its endless supply of bullshit that continues to pile up

i mean, that's how it is for me

i've cut back on pot and started taking antidepressants

i'm all right with me and what's in my head but that doesn't get me away from capitalism, guns, religious people in power, rich people in power, rich people alltogether, poor people who defend rich people, poor people who vote in favor of policies that help rich people and keep poor people poor, etc.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM       
More like I-mopery amiright

But seriously though guys let's get it together.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 05:08 PM       
Thanks for the b-day wish, Aaarg (assuming that's what the pic was all about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
i think that's the world around you and its endless supply of bullshit that continues to pile up

i mean, that's how it is for me

i've cut back on pot and started taking antidepressants

i'm all right with me and what's in my head but that doesn't get me away from capitalism, guns, religious people in power, rich people in power, rich people alltogether, poor people who defend rich people, poor people who vote in favor of policies that help rich people and keep poor people poor, etc.
I feel the exact same way. Weed helps a lot with just putting politics on the back-burner while I work through my own shit, but I read about it everyday. Gets me pissed and depressed. Then I smoke and/or occupy myself with other things and I get better. Sometimes I wonder what could be done to fix all or most of the bullshit.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 06:44 AM       
well, looks like you'd better stock up on weed & antidepressants.

fuck americans.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 04:44 PM       
Already got the pot and booze. FL just elected a criminal asshole again for governor. I'm gonna enjoy my life despite it. As far as I'm concerned they deserve what they get.

In lighter news I'm gettin a Mega Man Wily Wars cart in a couple of days. I'm kinda-sorta starting a collection and it's going to be nice having something you really couldn't find in most pawn shops or used stores. It's fun as fuck too. Might get the Alien Soldier or Pulseman cart if it's still available later on. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/237991708
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 11:14 PM       
i have a growing collection of out of print books. some of them sell for good money, apparently. found some little book of common root words in biological nomenclature and what they mean for like a dollar at a bookstore. amazon sells used copies for like 40 bucks. nice. also, it's a sweet-ass book.