Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM       
Spoilers!
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM       
This game's entertainment value goes up when you think of some of the quests as some kind of weird future allegory of american history.

Spoilers!

The wig you can get from that quest is great. I like to wear it with tenpenny's suit because it makes me look like george washington.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM       
I wear it with the Ghoul Mask.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM       
i'd wear it with the naughty nightwear so i'd get +20 to speech
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 08:18 PM       
I have my shady hat from the Survival Guide quest, and a Tesla power armor. Fairly epic, I like to think.
Also, it pisses me off how expensive it is to fix my broken plasma rifle. 1900 caps?!
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 09:58 PM       
I've avoided this thread like the plague (had to wait for Xmas for the game). No need for me to say how great this game is. Pretty much everything that can be said has been said, but fuck it, here's my take:

The bad:
Topping out at lvl 20
Graphical glitches
Not enough songs/banter on GNR
Short main quest (though I figured that out by the day after Xmas and left that shit alone till tonight)

The good:
Atmosphere (I especially loved the little stories that bodies, items, and buildings sometimes told)
Voice overs
VATS combat
It felt like a Fallout game more than an Elder Scrolls game. I enjoy both, but I was worried about the reverse being true.

The great:
This game is fucking enthralling like few I've ever played. Despite glitches, too few enemy types, and a bunch of other legitimate problems, the game never ceases to be fun and challenging.

They need to hurry up and release the DLC for this mofo.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I have my shady hat from the Survival Guide quest, and a Tesla power armor. Fairly epic, I like to think.
Also, it pisses me off how expensive it is to fix my broken plasma rifle. 1900 caps?!
Just get MORE Plasma Rifles and repair it with them. Also, get the unique Plasma Rifle, it rocks
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 07:15 AM       
or you could try using other weapons once in a while, using a plasma rifle to kill giant ants or molerats is a bit wasteful
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 05:01 PM       
Small guns is best. Lincoln's Repeater got me out of every trouble situation.

Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 12:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
or you could try using other weapons once in a while, using a plasma rifle to kill giant ants or molerats is a bit wasteful
I'd been stockpiling ammo of every type the whole game; it doesn't weigh you down, so I'd take ammo every time I saw it. By the time I got my plasma rifle, I had a good 800 rounds or so for it.
Also, in my haste, I only grabbed one.
Where can I get Lincoln's repeater, and the unique plasma gun?
OH GOD
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 01:54 AM       
unique plasma gun is gotten from helping the android, find out more about it in the science lab in rivet city

no idea about lincoln's repeater as i haven't found it yet, my guess is in a monument or museum of history of some sort
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:54 AM       
But don't just fork over the component that nosy chick gives you. Do that, and you get jack. Not the unique ripper, "Jack", I mean nothing.

Lincoln's repeater is in the Museum of History in the offices, along with a bunch of other Lincoln memorabilia you can sell to the museum curator in Rivet City, or the leader of the escaped slaves in the Temple of the Union. It's in a special display case. I think it's the only unique weapon that has a different model, and a unique Vault Boy icon.

OH GOD
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 05:20 AM       
and different ammo!
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 05:23 AM       
Also: If you get the rifle from the android, go and rat him out to Zimmer to get the wired reflexes perk. Then proceed to kill Zimmer and his Bodyguard before they reach the android (Karma gain will be 0. +200 for helping the android, -200 for ratting him out).

Lincoln´s Repeater uses Magnum Ammo if I´m not mistaken. But I actually prefer Ol´painless. Weaker but far more Ammo for free (since it´s just the unique Hunting Rifle)
Funky Dynamite
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM       
I keep em both around. Ol Painless for walking around, the repeater for tough spots. High damage and zero spread, that's a keeper.

If it used .32 rounds, I wouldn't use anything else.

Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:03 AM       
Dammit, I forked over the part because I didn't know about the surgeon guy, and I didn't want to fail the android and lose karma. Time to restart again.
I wish Fallout had a feature where you could restart the game, but your character keeps its stats and inventory.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Also, get the unique Plasma Rifle, it rocks

That is the best weapon! I got it early and have just been using it. I also picked up that slave girl you can buy in Paradise Falls. Give her some Merc armor a .44 and you wont even have to pull out your gun unless you are getting swarmed. She guns raiders down faster than I can pull out my rifle.
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 02:56 PM       
Has anyone done Bannon's request? Its not an actual quest but if you go to Rivet City and talk to Bannon he tells you he would appreciate it if "someone" would "find" something incriminating in some guy whos name I dont remember right now. Has anyone successfully done this? I have been in the guys room and taken everything I could carry back to Bannon. I have gone back and done it where I leave everything in there but make sure to look at everything. I have even hacked the guys computer but I havent found anything. I thought maybe I should plant something in his room then tell Bannon? What would I plant in there to incriminate him? Chems? Guns? They sell it all legally in Rivet City.

On the subject of Rivet City... Has anyone told that kid to run away from home. Then he does and no one cares about him, only his friend that ran away with him CJ Young. Can you do anything with this after they run away? Every time I fast travel to Rivet City I see the girl running across the bridge out of town buy she wont talk to me.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM       
follow her and try following that one guy around/talkng to him maybe.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Has anyone done Bannon's request? Its not an actual quest but if you go to Rivet City and talk to Bannon he tells you he would appreciate it if "someone" would "find" something incriminating in some guy whos name I dont remember right now. Has anyone successfully done this? I have been in the guys room and taken everything I could carry back to Bannon. I have gone back and done it where I leave everything in there but make sure to look at everything. I have even hacked the guys computer but I havent found anything. I thought maybe I should plant something in his room then tell Bannon? What would I plant in there to incriminate him? Chems? Guns? They sell it all legally in Rivet City.

On the subject of Rivet City... Has anyone told that kid to run away from home. Then he does and no one cares about him, only his friend that ran away with him CJ Young. Can you do anything with this after they run away? Every time I fast travel to Rivet City I see the girl running across the bridge out of town buy she wont talk to me.
In Seagraves' room, under his bed leaning against a footlocker I think, you find a holotape called "Seagraves' incriminating letter". It's a letter from his old slaver buddies trying to get into the city. You bring that to Bannon, then you bring it to Danvers, this female guard who sleeps during the day in the bridge tower. Then you go back to Bannon, and he gives you a discount at his store and the schematics for the Deathclaw Gauntlet.

And the runaway kid only goes as far as the first subway station north of Rivet City. You can get him to come back, but I usually don't bother because he's annoying.

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
Thanks
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:56 PM       
I think I had about 1200 10mm rounds by the ends of the game.
Escape will make me god.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 01:09 AM       
I just finished it again, and I had a shitload of every kind of ammo. Once I started being able to kill things in 1-2 head shots, ammo got saved up pretty quickly.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM       
I went and took out the brotherhood outcasts last night. Stole all their power armor and a gatling laser. When searching the lower levels of the place (Fort Independence I think) I found special weapon Miss Launcher. Those guys were a bunch of pussies. Now I just have to find their base in Fairfax or whatever and finish the job. Then Im off to sell kids into slavery.
Using Ninjitsu of Fushin
Hurude is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM       
I'm up to level 8, still loving the game. I don't get to play it very much unfortunately. I loved the mission in ten penny tower when you have to let the ghouls in, I felt bad at first about getting everyone killed but once I got my snipers rifle I soon moved on.