Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM        Bear Grylls Is Not Such A Badass, Now.
Everyone else is all Nature nature smoochie smoochie. Not Bear. He's like "Fuck nature. I'm Bear Grylls".

It would be an honour to be kicked in the nuts by this man.

Bear Grylls > You

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

Last edited by T-Rex : May 16th, 2008 at 03:34 PM.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM       
"Fuck Nature, I'm staying in a luxury hotel" more like.

Though I did quite enjoy the series when it was on.

Still like Ray Mears better though.
!!!

Old May 15th, 2008, 08:58 AM       
The difference being; If stuck in the woods and needing food, Ray Mears will look for berries and plants that can provide him with the energy he needs. Bear Grylls will find some scorpions.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:02 AM       
Ray Mears built a tent out of sticks, what have YOU ever done?
!!!

Old May 15th, 2008, 10:06 AM       
I once pretended to be sleeping to avoid an uncomfortable conversation with my mom.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM       
bear is better cause he teches you to get out and ray only teaches you to stay there and survive and really who wants to stay in the forest more than he needs to?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM       
i like his brother foreman better, he cooks all kinds of crazy animal meats indoors
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:12 AM       
Didn't Bear get busted for being full of it? Something about staging most of the things in his program...

Could be mistaken as I am a Survivorman fan myself, who is way more badass than Bear.
Using Ninjitsu of Fushin
Hurude is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM       
exibit A:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

exibit B:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lw_8IbgLHFQ

what a TWAT!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:14 PM       
And it says it right in that wikipedia page you linked to, T-Rex. Come on.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM       
I watched five minutes of his show once and it was just of him getting all naked on the Antarctic.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM       
Les stroud kicks more ass
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
This man,badass as he is, must have had some fairly violent attacks of diarrhea.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM       
Les Stroud > Bear Grylls. By a long shot.
!!!

Old May 16th, 2008, 04:02 AM       
Nah man! It doesn't matter that he was maxin' and relaxin' by a pool somewhere, he's still insanely badass for fighting, using, abusing and then eating live animals. The man is not afraid of having painful shits.

"Have had a bit of an epic on the last two shoots in Mexico and the deep southern swamps!

First, I got whopped by a bee whilst raiding a bee's nest to get honey. Hence the photo here (although I did get the honey!).

But it meant that I had to spend the rest of the shoot looking like this, feeling terrible and only able to open my eyes with much effort.
It made fighting a big pit viper rattlesnake interesting! (Although I did eventually get it. I then could eat it and use its skin to store my urine whilst in the burning hot salt pan desert. (The cocktail of snake innards and pee was truly terrible!)

I was then in the swamps -- these are always the toughest shows to do -- and I did end up having a pretty full-on encounter with a 6-foot alligator.
I came out on top, just, skinned it for cordage for my camp to sleep in, rubbed the alligator fat on me for mosquito repellant and then ate it.

In short, I am looking forward to a bit of a holiday with my family next week!

Bear x"

He wasn't really in the wild, but if his show was called "Bear Grylls does insane stunts and eats some crazy shit, a lot", then the grief would be unfounded.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
He's in a hotel in that shot, rex. Come on.

And people might think more of him if he didn't try to make it seem like he was alone in the wild trying to survive. If his show was just him giving you survival tips, I don't think people would hold it against him, but the fact that he lied about it...

Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM       
That's exactly right, it's the bullshit portion people have a major problem with. He's the Dr. Phil of survival. He's also the Jackass of survival...with the gross out antics.

I know that people have actually been saved by watching Les Stroud - Suvivorman. That guy really is out there alone, with a backup group tracking him.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM       
But Bear is so handsome
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM       
and he's English
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:34 PM       
saw that youtube video of him traversing dangerous crevasses in hawaii only to have joe putz do the same thing then pan out to a nearby freeway.

BOTH OUR LIVES WERE RUINED

you dont need to kill a goddamned alligator to make a tent if you stay in a luxury resort when the cameras turn off. jackass
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM       
I remember watching one of these shows (I think Survivorman or whatever) and he made a fire in Alaska then went to sleep right next to it. In all my wilderness training, I was told that it's a tremendously bad idea to do that because your body's heat regulation will turn itself off very quickly while being exposed to an exterior source of heat but once the heat is gone it takes a relatively long time to pick back up again. This, I was told, was a very common cause of hypothermia--people spend too much time around a fire and when they have to leave it their bodies are far more vulnerable than usual to the cold.

I do wonder how accurate that is, though. I mean, yeah, I have personal anecdotal evidence that if you spend half an hour around a fire and then walk away from it, all of a sudden the same temperature feels much much colder than it did earlier. I can see that being justified more by the way the body interprets the senses, however, than an actual reflection of metabolic processes. Anybody know?

Oh, and without having seen the episode with the bees, I hope this jackass didn't neglect to mention that the proper way to get honey is to build a fire underneath or near the hive with lots of wet fuel so as to smoke out the bees. In a survival situation, the risk of getting stung is a far greater concern than the calorie value of the honey itself.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
!!!

Old May 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
Hahaha Seth, that sounds like a more practical way of getting honey. You guys have convinced me, he's doesn't seem as badass anymore.

MJ, if you were English, I'd love you too
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I watched five minutes of his show once and it was just of him getting all naked on the Antarctic.
Also this was after he was all "Whoops I fell into the water haha" and it's bad enough to have to be his camera guy following him around in sub-zero weather but I don't think I'd want to have to videotape Bear Grylls' dong.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2008, 05:36 AM       
every ex-public schoolboy i've ever met has seriously fawned over bear grylls like he was gods gift to the unburdened children of privilege. I think it's something to do with the distinguished heritage of landed gentry going off and conquering the vast unknown because they really have nothing else to do with their time.

ray mears is sooooo much better. he taught tribesmen how to make fire again!he might not take shelter in the womb of an eviscerated camel or whatever, but that's probably because it could probably feed a whole tribe or some similarly grylls-esque arsehole thing to do.
ROCK ON
Mr.Hoopla is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:21 AM       
I want to see a show where an older british gent shoots elephants with a huge rifle. Is that too much to ask?