Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 12:50 AM        Obligatory Gaming forum Halo3 thread
we need one.

I also need to know which mockers will have it launch night so we can possibly set up a 4 player co-op preferably on Heroic.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 01:41 AM       
I pre-ordered it and everything, but I'm not a huge halo nerd and honestly I've played a total of maybe 10 hours of halo 2 multiplayer so I don't think I'll be joining in higher difficulty co-op modes for a bit.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 01:56 AM       
Is it coming out soon enough for a thread? I haven't heard anything about it.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM       
september 25th is the launch date. also i remember playing halo 2 for a day straight i dont understand how my xbox handled it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM       
I expect the month of September will have nothing but a blitz of adds on TV. But I wasn't even aware of just how excited I am for this game, I shrugged off all the "pre-substantial trailer" rumors and buzz because the Hype for halo2 almost killed it for me when I played through a half finished campaign and a stellar multilayer. But since the beta I've been fucking nuts about this.

For those of you not in the know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbXWE...elated&search=
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 03:48 PM       
ive never heard of this game. is it for playstation?
possible jerk

Magreaux is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 04:35 PM       
Fathom Zero, I believe this "Halo 3" game is for Atari Jaguar.

EDIT: SORRY i've been told it's definitely for Atari Jaguar CD. Boy is my face red!

Last edited by Magreaux : Aug 29th, 2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: clarification + egg on face
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 04:58 PM       
No its not you idiots its for the 3DO
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 07:21 PM       
This is the reason why I didn't buy Bioshock.

I dunno if i'll have it the first day it comes out, but i'll have it within the week it does i'm sure.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 12:46 AM       
haha what matt said about bioshock is so true ;D exactly what i thought when i wasn't purchasing bioshock, bro!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 02:03 AM       
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XzQUF1TrEe8

This almost makes me weep with how awesomely they did the intro :< But then I've been a huge Bungie fag since Marathon 2 and they're tying the Cortana letters in from just after Marathon Infinity and... and oh my :<
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 09:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XzQUF1TrEe8

This almost makes me weep with how awesomely they did the intro :< But then I've been a huge Bungie fag since Marathon 2 and they're tying the Cortana letters in from just after Marathon Infinity and... and oh my :<
damn i was watching that and every guitar rift gave me the chills

Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 03:24 PM       
the mini bosses are without a doubt one of my favorite bands, also listen to their version of the Castlevania 2 night theme.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM       
Funny thing is, I think the worst part of this entire presentation is the minibosses. They just completely fail to play most of the parts right.
was never good
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM       
For anyone who cares!

"I know who you are" references the final screen from Marathon: Infinity
http://marathon.bungie.org/Story/_im...inalscreen.gif

"This is the way the world ends" references the first of the Cortana letters from 1999.
http://marathon.bungie.org/Story/cortana.html#1

It's all pretty interesting (if you're into this sorta stuff) and coming full circle after 8 years. Check it out!
http://marathon.bungie.org/Story/cortana.html
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 02:31 AM       
I think I have most of the basic story figured out, except how the game will end. Since the last level takes place on a Halo and not in the Ark.
was never good
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 09:20 AM       
Marathon Infinity ended with the collapse of the universe and you being the only person to escape. I predict a reprise of that in the ending to Halo.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM       
Any of you play the Marathon remake on XBLA? Looks really cool. I haven't had a chance to play it, though.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 01:15 AM       
I the end of the first halo was already tribute to Marathon, with the halo detonating and you supposedly being the only one to escape.

Its common knowledge that humans are the descendants of the Forerunners or at least a byproduct of the forerunners, since the ARK is the only place safe from the Flood and the halos weapons. The ark being located in Kenya around the same area where the earliest homo-sapiens were found.

I hope the Arbiter fucking dies.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 02:21 AM       
If MC and Cortana were the only ones to escape in the first Halo, how come that one Sergant is in the second one?

I know it's probably already been discussed a million times, but you know.

8ullfrog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 07:34 AM        Halo 3
I went into gamestop to buy 50 cent bulletproof.

the Xbox version was $4.00 so I got that.

Then at the counter the clerk asked if I wanted to preorder halo 3.

Unthinking I pre-ordered legendary and paid up full.

So I'm just going to waltz in and pick mine up when it comes out.

I have small dogs, one will become the masterdog.

Or spartan #2

Oh, and 50 cent bulletproof is not compatable for the xbox 360, so I wasted $4.00.

Anyone try the halo 3 game fuel yet? It's like liquid crack.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 02:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
If MC and Cortana were the only ones to escape in the first Halo, how come that one Sergant is in the second one?

I know it's probably already been discussed a million times, but you know.
You have to read the book Halo: First Strike to understand why Sgt.Johnson is still alive and how MC and Cortana made it back to earth in a short range interceptor. But for those too lazy SPOILERS:MC and Cortana find a Pelican clinging to wreckage that contains a couple marines, and a Navy Intelligence officer and another SPARTAN that was put into cryogenic suspension following the botched capture of a covenant ship at Reach in the prequel book. Then they capture a covenant ship that was running on a skeleton crew of a few engineers and elites since all its crew were caught on halo when it exploded. Then wackiness ensues and they wind up on another stolen ship and return to earth
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM       
Why the fuck did you buy Bulletproof?
was never good
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 09:06 PM       
Because he is a retard.
taco loving zombie
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 10:39 PM       
50 cent bulletproof has only one reediming quality an it is you watch 50 cent diying and screaming to his friends fro help, even when the intro says he is the baddest mother fucker in the world lol. also has a good headshot mechaninc but that has nothing to do with 50 cent