Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM       
Dan in Real Life

Two thumbs up.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM       
I watched that the other day too, it was okay.

Also I watched:

Interview - I like Bushemi but this was lacking something.

The Darjeeling Limited - Pretty good.

Drillbit Taylor - Harmless teen comedy. Not bad but I wouldn't watch it again.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM       
American Psycho. Now if you'll excuse me, I uh, I need to return some videotapes.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM       
2 hrs into There will be blood and I'm leaving work. Plan on finishing it tomorrow night. I know 70,000 other people have already said this but this movie is amazingly grand.

Edit: Finished, great ending too.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Aug 4th, 2008 at 10:54 PM.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM       
Dazed and Confused. There's no limit to the amount of times I can see this movie.
Oozes machismo
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
Coneheads. Funnier than I remember, and good lord, it's like a SNL reunion from all the casts that were funny.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:09 PM       
Agreed. Coneheads is a classic.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:17 AM       
In the Valley of Elah - Good thriller. Worth watching for Tommy Lee Jones performance.

Walk Hard - Though I'm sure there have been worse spoofs in the past few years, this could've done with being a bit less stupid.

There Will Be Blood - Very impressive film. I'm not surprised it got so many Oscar nominations.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post

Walk Hard - Though I'm sure there have been worse spoofs in the past few years, this could've done with being a bit less stupid.
Did you watch the extended version or the regular one. I like the movie but I think I could've gone with the regular version instead.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM       
Uhh, just the regular one I think. What may have ruined it slightly for me was that I really like Walk the Line. When you watch a spoof of something that is dumb/crap it's funny because you can laugh at how dumb the real film was and how the spoof totally called them on it, but Walk Hard was stupid itself and the Walk the Line was good - so it didn't work for me. :/
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
I gotcha. My friend refused to see Walk Hard because she has a huge thing for Mr. Cash. I watched the extended version and it just seemed to go on and had a lot more ding dongs in it.
Oozes machismo
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
I watched the newer Futurama movie The Beast With a Billion Backs for the second time since I bought it, this time with the audio commentary. Commentaries usually suck balls, but he Futurama DVD commentaries are some of the funniest and most informative I've come across.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM       
Toy Story 1 and 2.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM       
The Warriors. Not looking forward to the remake.
The Grand Old n00b
HeadhuntingStickman is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM       
I just saw Zodiac, with Robert Downey Jr. and Jake Gyleenhal.
IT WAS AWESOME! Probably the one good true story movie.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 07:50 AM       
Margot at the Wedding - Not bad, but not as good as The Squid and the Whale.

The Eye - Meh. Generic horror re-make with a fairly crap story and cheap scares a plenty.

Brooklyn Rules - Didn't like this much. It was apparently written by the same guy that wrote The Sopranos, but in my opinion shows little of the quality of its predecessor. The characters are one dimensional at best and overall I couldn't help but think the film was trying too hard to be Goodfellas.

The Departed - This was my second viewing of this film and it was easily as good as the first time I watched it. Great thriller.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 02:54 PM       
Donnie Darko. That rabbit scared the bejesus out of me. It looked like a Matt Groening character from hell (pun intended).
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 07:42 PM       
Harold and Kumar 2 - Really funny, especially the Howie Scream during the Ku Klux Kegger.

Finally saw Doomsday - Holy Crap.

Pineapple Express - It wasn't immensely funny but it wasn't supposed to be. It was a solid movie.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 07:48 PM       
In Bruges - Good film. I always disliked Colin Farrell for some reason, but in this he plays his part really well. Recommended.

Lars and the Real Girl - Also a good film. Well worth watching.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM       
Strangers With Candy. Most of the series' cast was retained and so were some of the jokes, which made for a hilarious time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Lars and the Real Girl - Also a good film. Well worth watching.
I really wanted to see this movie when it was in theaters but for some reason none of the three theaters in my area ever showed it. I'm assuming it's on dvd now so i'll have to go pick this one up.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 01:44 AM       
goodfellas & the devils advocate

they were both pretty good, but the latter made me lol a whole bunch :eek
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM       
Finished watching the Brothers Solomon. I thought it was amazingly funny though I could see how a lot of people didn't find it funny. People should "let" it be funny to them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 01:17 PM       
I'm watching A Scanner Darkly right now. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:15 AM       
i watched the aqua teen hungry force movie

it seemed really really unnecessary
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM       
The best part of that movie is probably the "I like your booty, but I'm not gay" loop. The rest of it is just really boring and I don't understand where all the regular humor the show has went.