Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM        The new reputation (pickles) system
Rog wanted me to explain it more formally. Well, here's wtf is going on:

When someone posts, in the upper-right of their post you will see the post ID# and a few icons. One of them looks like a set of scales.

: Click this to leave "reputation" for a post. Basically you can say whether you especially liked or disliked a post. You will then add or subtract points equal to your "power" from that poster.

Your "power" is equal to 1 point per 100 days since joining and 1 point per 1000 posts. Therefore, someone who has been here for a year and has 5000 posts would have a power of 8. I don't know if your power is formally listed anywhere outside of the super secret admin options, so you'll have to let me know.

The pickle icons under someone's name shows an estimate of their current "reputation" total.

or : +100 rep
or : -100 rep

I don't really understand the significance of the lighter-colored pickles, but that's the gist of it. If this system ends up being liked, I'll update the graphix for it. If it ends up being lame and unused or a problem, it will be turned off.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:13 AM       
Thanks for typing that up, Chojin.

The feedback people leave you can be viewed when you go to your own user control panel page: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/usercp.php

As with anything else on these forums, please do not abuse this reputation system or stalk any single user with tons of negative feedback or anything.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:23 AM       
the example poster is a good one because they could not exist (5000 posts in a YEAR )
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:29 AM       
that's less than 14 posts a day. achimp managed that pretty easy.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:31 AM       
Is there a limit to how many pickles one can get? Kahl already has a bunch, and if there's no limit, these forums could start to look extremely cluttered.
was never good
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:34 AM       
i don't know if there's a limit, but i think after a certain point you start getting bright pickles instead and they're worth more so it doesn't start overflowing like nuts. for example pram maven has -500, so you can see what a ton of negative rep looks like and it doesn't clutter much

also after a month or so i was going to reduce the power rating by a factor of 2 or 3. it's as high as it is now so that we can get some variance to scores.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
As with anything else on these forums, please do not abuse this reputation system or stalk any single user with tons of negative feedback or anything.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:19 AM       
hahaha what the hell good is it then
was never good
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:01 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:24 PM       
So it says I have 150 points, that means my votes are wothe a pickle and a half each?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM       
What's my hidden score at?
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:39 PM       
You can quickly check your score by clicking the scales on one of your own posts

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM       
I thought I read somewhere in the chat thread that there were hidden secret scores too. Is that just what the scale number is then?
was never good
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
So it says I have 150 points, that means my votes are wothe a pickle and a half each?
no, your rep points are unrelated to your voting power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I thought I read somewhere in the chat thread that there were hidden secret scores too. Is that just what the scale number is then?
wut
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM       
The limit for giving out rep should be raised a little bit for the 24 hour period. I negative-zugged a bunch of old Lenor posts and now I feel bad that I can't rep anyone up today

was never good
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:01 PM       
WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM       
There's a limit to how many pickles you can get, 11 pickles in either red or green.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM       
I used to have lots of time to post all the time, but then I finished school and then I-Mockery was blocked by my work's Internet filter.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM       
1) When Chojin leaves me feedback in all caps, I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not

2) I wish this system had been around when I made the tap dancing penis cake.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 11:29 PM       
You don't need any help, Kit.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:01 AM       
Dunno. My opinion must not count for shit because I vote people up and they never get an increase in pickles,
OH GOD
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:34 AM       
i believe your "powerlevel" allows you to add .19 of a pickle per vote (currently)
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 09:28 AM       
No one told me this forum was going to involve math
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 11:34 AM       
Math is so hard....
-- Barbie
You may already be there.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 06:38 PM       
So if a person has no reputation either way, it displays this?