Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 05:44 AM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvJDwv3Z-w
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM       
I don't think you're going to change anyone's opinion about Al Gore with that one.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM       
I haven't seen either of those movies, so I have to ask: What was Gore trying to do with that sequence? Was he trying to portray it as actuall film footage of it happening or say "this is what it looks like"?

As for the whole Climate Change debate (global warming is a bad name), I'd always suspected the immediate effects and dangers were being a little exaggerated and over dramatized, but I think the science that we are indeed having some negative effects on the atmoshpere is sound and should be addressed.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 08:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
Who gives a flying fuck that he used a computer generated image to show something that would cost a shitload to film in person. You should care more about this dumbass not practicing any of what he preaches.
Mocker
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post

Just seeing how large percentage of a typical city that's covered by roads and parking lots and highways and asphalt, and imagining how nice it would have been with parks and pedestrian areas instead, makes you wanna ban cars already
until you want to drive somewhere on your own schedule without being on a germ infected bus with random people on someone else's schedule. And I'm pretty sure buses pollute alot so if you had ever person needing a bus ride you'd need alot more buses. Before you call for cars to be banned how about you give away yours and have fun riding ur bike to work everyday. We should really just ban India and China from existing because they produce more green house gases and have no intention of stopping or reducing those amounts then the US will ever produce. You can't stop global warming if two of the largest populations in the world are basically in their industrial age and have no intention of slowing down so stop wasting your fucking time crying for the planet and watsing ru time thinking bout global warming and think realistically and act locally if you really care to see an imporvment for ur children. I think the lack of sidewalks to even make pedistrian travel possible and safe is a bigger immediate problem for american citizens then fucking global warming.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM       
a lot of buses run on natural gases or use other energy saving techniques :O

if there were less streets you wouldnt really need sidewalks cause people wouldn't have to worry about getting hit by cars all the time. They could have like dirt paths and shit surrounded by bushes and trees :O
Mocker
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM       
I was unaware of that fact concerning buses. Your second point is unrealistic in my opinion. cars are one of the biggest developments to modern society and even if we make them alot more environmentally friendly they will still be used by millions of people for everyday use and the sidewalk issue will still need to be addressed. I hear California is addressing the sidewalk issue better then any other state.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM       
Well my second opinion is relevant because it was in response to your criticism of blasted child's idea -- wanting to ban cars because the city would be nicer with parks instead of streets -- stating that we would need sidewalks so people wouldn't get hit by cars.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 12:23 AM       
Horses. I'd love to ride a horse to work.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 08:05 AM       
Quote:
so stop wasting your fucking time crying for the planet and watsing ru time thinking bout global warming and think realistically and act locally if you really care to see an imporvment for ur children. I think the lack of sidewalks to even make pedistrian travel possible and safe is a bigger immediate problem for american citizens then fucking global warming.
Ant10708, I'm touched by your sincere devotion to the construction of more sidewalks. I wish you and your community the best of luck when addressing this issue.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM       

Must watch. BY ONE OF THE SCIENCE CONSPIRATORS
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 08:17 PM       
All I know s that if climate change is bullshit how come the water in Jamaica bay comes right up to my door when 5 years ago it was over 2000' away?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM       
Sounds like it's out to get you. Have you done anything to water in the past five years to make it angry?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
Stop adding to it with your warm pee!
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 04:03 AM       
The other day I walked out on the deck to see a fish swimming out from under my car.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM       
Isn't this all that really matters for evidence?

And if that frozen methane escapes from the ocean floor (wherever the hell it is) it's going to be frikkin apocalyptic.
Escape will make me god.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM       
You're assuming the second photo is the norm.
Slim Goodbody
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 11:56 AM       
Its a fucking picture, not a graph. It doesn't matter whether there was a constant melting over 30 years or if magically the ice cap doubled in size for just the three years that is represented there. Its worthless without data. The only thing he is assuming is that you can find or know the data yourself.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:53 PM       
the northwest passage was impossible to navigate through atleast since the days of Cortez. that's over 450 years.

Although strangely Antarctica is growing.

Either way, I'd figure pumping out greenhouse gasses ain't good
Escape will make me god.

Last edited by VaporTrailx1 : Dec 12th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM       
Antarctica is growing? Is it really?
Slim Goodbody
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM       
Some parts of it are, but by volume it is actually losing ice rapidly. I did a search to double check, and with "Antarctica expanding" as a search all I got was fox news, glenn beck and other climate change denier sites. I couldn't find one scientific paper by a science journal anywhere and not one testimony or referance to or from a scientist on flat antacrtica expansion. There are little blurbs that mention the growth, but the main focus of the paper is about the rapid lost of tens of cubic miles of ice per year.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
maybe when the ice breaks apart and floats away they count that as growth.
Escape will make me god.