Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 08:48 AM       
lol, I finished it ;<

There are supposedly four endings, and I'm assuming I got one of the bad ones because it was really abrupt and anti climactic, didn't explain any of the happenings in the game, and spoilers!

You guys know those games where you're having fun but are incredibly frustrated at the same time (see also, Manhunt 2)? Afraid of Monsters is one of those. The lack of visibility in most levels is fucking ridiculous (see previoius screenshots) and completely unnecessary because it doesn't add to the game's atmosphere at all. Plus, the real scares come when you hit segments where the game plunges into scribble hallucinations and incredibly surreal level design not unlike Constantine's mansion in Thief.

I liked it for the short time that it lasted, despite some ridiculous parts where I had to antigravity cheat to be able to kill all the zombies rushing to clusterfuck me while I had no ammo and only an extremely slow melee weapon to defend myself with. So yeah if you guys are looking for a quick and really creepy freebie game and don't mind having to turn your gamma up to ridiculous levels check this out mabye.
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM       
When Colonel Campbell goes apeshit in MGS2. I was completely freaked out when his face turned intoa a skull.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:58 AM       
It looks like you're just playing Silent Hill with more guns, GW
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 06:37 AM       
Clock Tower 3 from Capcom for PS2.
full of cheap scares.

there are ghosts that chases you around, and those goddamn stalker (stage boss) that will chase you when the music changes...

it's like when you walking on a dark hallway looking for clues, and suddenly, the bg music changed, then :
"BAMM" the door bangs open and there stands the stalker. and i was like: "WTF?! SHIT! SHIT!! OH MY GOD! SHIIITTT!!!"
and i turn off the console. same goes to my other friends as well.

go look for the game, if you want to shit your pants. seriously.

and, there was this flash game. it's kinda old but if you never heard of it before, try it at least once:
link : THE HOUSE
play it if you dare. (for maximum fun, wear head/earphone, and play it at night.)

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 07:45 AM       
Did anyone mention Halfquake yet? It's pretty funny, but some parts get annoyingly creepy.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKO the GREAT View Post
Clock Tower 3 from Capcom for PS2.
full of cheap scares.

there are ghosts that chases you around, and those goddamn stalker (stage boss) that will chase you when the music changes...

it's like when you walking on a dark hallway looking for clues, and suddenly, the bg music changed, then :
"BAMM" the door bangs open and there stands the stalker. and i was like: "WTF?! SHIT! SHIT!! OH MY GOD! SHIIITTT!!!"
and i turn off the console. same goes to my other friends as well.

go look for the game, if you want to shit your pants. seriously.
I played it all the way through, and for me the scares were bellow that of the first two Resident Evil, aside from being chased and that corpse in the tub. I was extremely let down by this game, and the villians were less than menacing with their thick English accents.
Rape you...
macrodeath is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 11:42 AM        hookei
I was about 8 years old when i first got to play Alone in the Dark 1. I was on the edge of the seat all the time, while playing with the female character. At one point, the character was walking down stairs and the camera-angle suddenly changed. I freaked out because of this huge head staring at me from the screen. It took me some time to realize that the head belonged to the character i was playing. It was like the hospital room in Silent Hill 4.

Other game's that scares me, every time i play them are: Fatal Frame 3 (or Project Zero 3 to some). It has this wicked ghost crawling under floor, upside down. She always scares the shit out of me.

Resident Evil 3: First time i played it, the Nemesis scared everybody in the fucking room. But now, seven or some years later, it just doesn't work the way it did.

Forbidden Siren 2: Overall very creepy game, but at the end it has these new monster's, which are made of BIG HEAD and fingers. They are the creepiest shit i have ever seen in any game or movie.
Is Awesome
Jemry is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM       
I love the Silent Hill games, they're full of good scares as in, not a startle jump out at you holy shit then oh its dead dun worry. They have sounds coming from all fucking angles and mix in the occasional invisible monster and Pyramid Head or two (sorry about that spoiler) and it had my pants full with more shit than a geriatric after eating a ladel of laxatives.

Our Last Hope
LordMalrog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM       
i find this one hard to reply to, because when i was little (that age where you get those memorable scares) i always loved scary games. Not for being scared, but "OH LOOK AT THAT THING!" (Pyrimid head), or "DIE ZOMBIE! HAHA!" i was unfortunetly able to seperate reality from fiction alittle to well at that age. Now i find myself jumping out of my seat while playing games like FEAR and Hidden:Source (for HL2). Hidden makes you paranoid as hell, wondering where and when the Hidden is gonna strike, and it even gives you the chance to hunt down this elite squad as this evil being that takes them down one at a time. OH and majoras mask, wasn't scary but it stressed me out so much....
Is Awesome
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:03 AM       
Dude, that moon could not be more horrifying. If there was a movie about the moon going around and killing young teens I'd expect it to look exactly like that.

Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM       
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I'm still pissed there's no sequel.
Bloodbender

Mullon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
It forever to get through Doom 2 thanks to those pinky demons and giant floating heads.
That damn giant eel Super Mario 64 freaked me out.
The first crimson head from Resident Evil was not fun.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemry View Post
Dude, that moon could not be more horrifying. If there was a movie about the moon going around and killing young teens I'd expect it to look exactly like that.
Yeah, as far as giant moons go, they don't get more menacing than that. The fucker even had red eyes. It would just chew right through the death star.

That was very funny. Well done.
Blonde Ambition
dirtyxblondexdame is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 07:59 PM       
Resident Evil -- i HATE the noises the zombies make!! Silent HIll had the same effect. i had to play with the sound off *hides*
Official forum judge
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 10:16 PM       
That death theme and the second part of level 1 where you are underneath this building and ninjas kept coming out of hidden walls in Revenge of Shinobi.
Forum Virgin
Rahvi is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 12:37 AM       
Echo Knight for the playstation, the first part of the game you were being constantly attacked by the ghost of a little girl, it laughed before it appeared and always scared the shit out of me.
Official forum judge
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM       
The zombie sound effects were kinda creepy, along with the zombie in the closet. Other than that, the first really wasnt that scary. It was pretty much just a playable B movie.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 10:31 PM       
D for psx gave me the wibblies.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:04 AM       
The box alone scared me.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:40 AM       
I just got D the other day.

It didn't age well. :[ Plus, Wikipedia ruined it for me.

"Thi sis especially significant when you find out that D stands for "
Is Awesome
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 09:03 AM       
I remember renting that game and my brother and I got up to the second disc which was buggered. I just ended up looking up what happened in the end because I couldn't be bothered scouring the internet for a working copy.

Speaking of which.... I can never find a copy of the original Silent Hill... its the only one I haven't played yet, not including the demo in MGS.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
Once you play the others before playing the original it's harder to enjoy. :[
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM       
Nuh-uh. I played SH 1 last and I found it to be by far the most enjoyable.
Forum Virgin
umop apisdn is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 11:55 PM       
I think the first Silent Hill game scared me the most over all. Walking around the city while you couldn't see through the fog. Also that radio static that accompanied any nearby baddie was a nice touch.

Though Blaster Master was pretty creepy as a kid.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 12:35 AM       
Have you played Silent Hill 2, Umop?