Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM       
Haunting in Connecticut - Generic horror film #12421. Every single part of this film has been done before but I guess it was at least competently made.

Big Stan - Rob Schneider is facing 3-5 years in prison so with the help of David Carradine he endeavours to make himself unrapeable. It's a stupid but more-or-less enjoyable film.

The Unborn - Some woman's unborn twin tries to kill her or something. It's just as shit as it sounds. Turned off long before the end.
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 03:22 AM       
Up- Do I even need to say anything about this one. It's Pixar! Of course it's excellent! It's kinda like a child-friendly Gran Turino.

The Hangover- Very Funny. I must say that Galifianakis steals the show. Ed Helms does have some great lines too. It's plot is ultimately irrelevant (Helms character figures it out House-style to finish it off) but it was always meant to be an excuse to get the guys into wild situations and it works.

Land Of The Lost- I don't know why so many people were against this one. I saw the entire original series on Sci-Fi the week before it's release and was pleasantly surprised by how good it actually was. Seeing the movie, it did a great job using the series elements to craft it's own story. Ferrell and Bride are their usual funny selves, Friel works well as the straight woman to keep the story on check, and Taccone managed to keep the charm of the original Chaka. Make no mistake, this movie is a cheesy tribute to the original series, while remaining a fun adventure film on it's own. Check it out if you haven't seen the previous 2 films I mentioned (I think we all know better than to watch Transformers 2).
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM       
X Files: I want to believe - nothing special about this movie. not bad but not worth recommending
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 04:41 PM       
Transformers was baaaaaaaaad bad bad bad.

Jetfire was the best.

"You know what my great-great-grandfather was? The WHEEL. THE FIRST ONE. You know what he transformed into? NOTHING. BUT HE WAS PROUD OF IT."

Lolz were had in our section, but nobody else got the blatant joke. :/
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post

The Unborn - Some woman's unborn twin tries to kill her or something. It's just as shit as it sounds. Turned off long before the end.
Oh yeah, just awful. I'd read a comment on IMDb before watching it, and it said that it was essentially just a shitty pastiche of horror movie cliches all thrown into one terrible movie.

That's the movie in a nutshell. It's a pretty shitty mix of The Exorcist and every other horrible newer horror movie in recent memory.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:33 PM       
Transformers - original animated film.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
um nobody i know hates GB2 :/ maybe you're thinking of a different movie, or the people you know all have awful taste
I don't think people hate it so much as it was underrated from theater competition.

I just saw Up. It was hilarious! The pre-movie short was pretty strange though...
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM       
I'm thinking of going to a drive-in tomorrow. Think they're open on the 4th? Their website doesn't say they aren't.

It's a double feature....Public Enemies (partially filmed in a town where I used to live, so I'm curious) and The Hangover.

I haven't been to a drive-in movie since Jurassic Park (and I fell asleep then).

update- Public Enemies was interesting from the "omg I recognize that place, I went to a party in that room, people I used to babysit own that building" etc, but the movie in general was sort of disjointed and halfassed. It just didn't feel like a good movie, despite all the big names. And I have no idea why they needed Christian Bale as Purvis.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jul 5th, 2009 at 12:46 AM.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 03:14 PM       
Transformers 2

Had some nice action, some robots/humans were annoying, the human parts of the movie were boring. It was ok.

I didn't have any problems with the transformers, they looked cool. But then again I didn't grew up with them so I have no reason to whine whether they look original or not.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM       
Gran Torino - This was fucking great. I tried explaining to this girl that guys who are good friends talk the most shit about each other. This movie proved the point.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM       
public enemies average not so great too much talk. bullet holes look awesome though

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM       
Transformers 2. It's hella over-long.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 11:00 PM       
Gran Torino again. I might watch "The Wackness" tonight

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jul 6th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM       
tonight I'm planning on watching "Triumph of the Will" It looks cool, Hitler hired a director, in 1934(maybe 35?) to make this, so I'm guessing it will be packed with propaganda. It's all german, with english subs.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM       
Oh, isn't that the female director who just died?
"It's all so appalling."
BillyBear is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM       
haunting in conneticut...or however the hell you spell it
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 12:38 AM       
midnight meat train. brutal to the max, i loved the decapitation

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 11:37 PM       
Just watched Knowing. What a fucking gay ass ending.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM       
I didn't like Midnight Meat Train at all, I thought it was silly.

Weird thing was I saw it on cable months before it came out on DVD, I wonder if it was some special promo thing with our horror channel or something.
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM       
is on dvd... i must get it

Mocker
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM       
Hulk vs Wolverine and the Doctor Strange animated movie

both very good
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM       
Drive in double feature:

Public enemies - waste of time.

The Hangover - Really funny
Mocker
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 01:17 PM       
they have drive in movies upstate? you lucky bastard
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Drive in double feature:

Public enemies - waste of time.

The Hangover - Really funny
Really? Public Enemies wasn't very good?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM       
I went to the same double feature and no, Public Enemies was not very good I edited my post to add that it wasn't, because if I post twice Pub comes out of nowhere and starts PMing me about how much I suck for doing it.