Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 05:31 PM       
What annoyed me about the yoda thing is that he always seemed like he was the wisest fucker in the world and didn't NEED to fight. In episode 2 he's jumping around like a ball of cgi shit. You could argue that it was years earlier and eventually he becomes more powerful force-wise, but he seemed too different to me.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:15 PM       
The only way a user of the light sight of the force can attack someone is with a lightsaber. Vis-a-vis, honorable combat.

As I recall, Yoda was basically invulnerable to Dooku's force-based attacks. It was only after those, that Dooku got out his lightsaber, and Yoda's response might as well be, "Well if that's the way it's gotta be..."
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 11:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
So, there wasn't a rich variety of aliens in the cantina or Jabba's palace? Are we talking about the same Star Wars?
I think you missed what I was saying entirely.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 01:12 AM       
George lucas probably cried after he found out no one like the first movie and that makes it all better for me.

Someday when I have spawn, I will show my offspring the original 3 episodes and when they ask me, as I asked my father once, "Why are they episodes 4 though 6 and not 1 through 3?", I will tell them that there are three episodes created in my time, which ruin the movies. Having just seen the original three they will know the greatness of them, and empathize with me for my loss in having them ruined for me.

I will henceforth from that day never allow episodes 1 through 3 in my home and encourage them to never view them.

Episodes 1 and 2 are that bad, and I'm not expecting anything from episode 3 excpet suckitude and some cameo suckitude.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 12:26 PM       
Quote:
I think you missed what I was saying entirely.
The way I understand your point is that you feel that there is no way to explain the lack of creatures we see from Eps 1&2 in the OT.

If thats not it, please clarify.

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 12:37 PM       
On the species comment, There would be less nonhuman species openly walking about the streets on a tatooine city as the empire ahted them, and tatooine is an imperial world. They do show up in the cantina and in jabba's palace, known lawless areas. wher ethe imperials turn a blind eye really. And for the original triology in general, it takes place over a much smaller number of planets, tatooine, yavin 4, hoth, dagobah, moon of endor, you see dantooine before it goes bye bye, and that is about it. On on its a rebel base before the rebels had wide support meaning it was mostly human. Endor we see the damn ewoks. Tatooine has aliens, hoth has alien animals, not many nonhumans in the rebel alliance yet though. The first triology it muc hmore specific a story the nthe second, the second is much braoder, showing the galactic events that cause episodes 4-6. At least on this topic the difference between triologies can be explained. On the droids comment, i jsut was to kill georgie boy for taking crack while writing these new movies.
Mocker
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 02:55 AM       
Quote:
you see dantooine before it goes bye bye, and that is about it.
Actually, it was Alderaan we see blown up. Dantooine was the system Leia gave Tarkin when he asked for the rebel base. It was their previous HQ. They mention it later after Alderaan went boom to say how it was abandoned.

Once again.....all of you....bow to it
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 05:00 AM       
Who gives a crap about alien diversity on Tatoine? I didn't actually see if I could match them the PM ones with the ANH ones in the Cantina...
Anyways, I believe that the old movies worked waaaaay better because they have that kinda "oldie" feeling to them, but yet manage to have really good special effects and costumes and caracters and... puppets! Anyone remembers how people were mad that Jabba was a huge lump of CGI in the special edition of ANH instead of that fantastic puppet?

Anyways, I think that the movies and the books should be taken separately, because no one cares about the books anyways.. I have read like 10 of them a few years back, and remember almost nothing.

Boba Fett...Yeah, I though they ruined it in RTJ when Han "killed" him, but that still didn't take away from his badassness TOO MUCH. He was so badass because he just never did anything, he was very calm, always in place, so he had that kinda mysterious "don't even think about messing with me" feel to him, and plus, HE caought han while the whole damn Imperial fleet was too icompetent to do so.
But why he was in episode2??? Who the HELL knows. Totally unjustified cameo crap. I don't want to know that 20 000 Boba Fett clones exist, that takes away almost everything from the caracter :( I didn't mind the small Fett though, just out of place.

Yoda looks too real now. It's creepy because you know he's not a puppet, not made out of matter anymore. I like the old SW because everything had that feel to it, that materialistic feel... Cause you knew they built the Ships and all.

Darth Maul was a waste. Qui Gon also, and his existence alone fucked the whole trilogy. No comments on the Gungans, everyone hates them, and they didn't even give jobs to 100s of midgets like the ewoks did.

Padme + Anakin = WTF. Never seen a more predictable and cornier scenario. Anakin was a terrible actor anyways.

C3PO built by Darth Vader??? R2D2, helper of the old republic??? BattleDroids BEFORE Stormtroopers? It's going to take more than a "you'll find they are immesly superior to droids" to convince me! I mean, come on, JEDI MASTERS RUN FROM THE DESTROYER DROIDS! How could they possibly be less good than Stortroopers who even Leia can shoot dozens of.

Well, no point ranting of hopid E3 will be better, you know it will suck, just hope that this Chewie thing is another runor to screw with the fans while they wait. Or else, I will undergoe a lobotomy to erase all memory of the prequels from my mind.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 08:33 AM       
Well, I'll bitch and moan about it, as will we all, but there's no denying that our asses will be in those seats when it sees theatrical release.

I can't help it. While not being THE uber-geek, I am amongst the uber-geeks.

So I'll be there. At best, I'll have only wasted two and a half hours and seven bucks.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 09:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poxpower
Boba Fett...Yeah, I though they ruined it in RTJ when Han "killed" him, but that still didn't take away from his badassness TOO MUCH. He was so badass because he just never did anything, he was very calm, always in place, so he had that kinda mysterious "don't even think about messing with me" feel to him, and plus, HE caought han while the whole damn Imperial fleet was too icompetent to do so.
No, he didn't. He just FOUND Han. Then, like an incompetent child, he called the Empire and Big Daddy Vader to come and take care of him. Then he stood there smugly in front of a PLATOON of stormtroopers and was just like "Nyah! I caught yas, see?"

He didn't do ANYTHING on his own except trail Han. Sorry if that doesn't strike me as terribly "badass".
Mocker
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 11:18 AM       
Quote:
While not being THE uber-geek, I am amongst the uber-geeks.
Thats right. Bow to your god.

Quote:
He just FOUND Han.
No, he knew what Han was going to do. He just had to wait until the Millenium Falcon made its move.

Quote:
Then, like an incompetent child, he called the Empire and Big Daddy Vader to come and take care of him.
Or, maybe he called Vader to collect the bounty and pay him.

Besides, thats using a resource he had available. You don't last long in his profession playing Rambo all the time.

Sun Tzu would have been very proud.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 12:41 PM       
Yeah, and he simply tracked Han and then called the Empire so they could catch him. Which is exactly what I said before.

Which may make him good at surviving his job, but it's pretty damn far from "badass".
Mocker
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 12:58 PM       
Its pretty much what a Green Beret is trained to do in his spot.

You've got some weird ideas about badass.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 01:07 PM       
"You don't last long in his profession playing Rambo all the time."

Cute.

Jango Fett slightly ruined the mystery of Boba Fett, but who really cared that much anyway? He had such a small role that any other random bounty hunter could've filled anyway, and he accomplished A) Finding Han Solo and B) Being an extra in a battle scene 30 minutes into ROTJ. Great. Jango Fett's inclusion gave us the, in my opinion, best action scene of the two new movies. Possibly one of the only scenes worth watching the new movies for.

If I mentioned everything I found bad about the new movies, I would just be reiterating everything that's been said a dozen times before. All I'll say is, the one thing that's infuriated me more than anything else, more than Jar Jar, more than the pathetic battle droids and the annoying droning noises they make, more than the dull acting and corny script... Phantom Menace's plot. Great, taxes are raised and a couple of guys are stuck trying to get parts for their ship. GO TEAM JEDI, I REALLY FUCKING CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE HEROES. I mean seriously... the first movie was about the bad guys trying to blow planets up, the second was about revenge (Or "Striking Back," if you prefer,) the third, even more attempts at making random planets explode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems like a winning formula to me.

I'm not asking for an exact copy of the original trilogy, but perhaps if the gist of what was going on in Episode II was spliced with some features of Episode I to create an almost decent beginning to the new trilogy, and the presumably darker and, also presumably, more entertaining section of the new trilogy was split into the final two episodes, I might give a shit what happens.
Mocker
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
I didn't mind Jar-Jar that much. I thought 3PO was always way more annoying. And I just don't get all the cries of racism.

Anyway, the plot to Ep 1 wasn't actually that bad if they highlighted Palpatine a little more. Then you would get all the underhanded work going on and the tax issue would actually make a lot of sense. I just wish they hadn't used so much CGI to do everything. But, Lucas is the grandaddy of CGI, so I will let it slide.

Ep2? I had no intention of following a plot. Its not like the OT was Shakespeare. I was just stoked to see that last 30 minutes and natalie portman in that tight leather corsette (Lucas designed it himself, pure genius) and the white leia type outfit with the ripped mid-riff.

Damn, be back in a few minutes. I got....uh...something...to do.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 05:47 PM       
He didn't do ANYTHING on his own except trail Han. Sorry if that doesn't strike me as terribly "badass".[/quote]

Fine, then he's a smartass. Besides, it was him vs the whole cloud city, and he wasn't supposed to kill them, so what could he have done. Wait, don't answer that..
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 01:19 AM       
Boba Fett's a limp wristed ninny. Just face it already.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 01:56 AM       
ZUCKUSS. ZUCKUSS. ZUCKUSSSSSSSS!
Asspunch McGruf
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 03:26 AM       
IG-88 DAMMIT!

He might've been a puss, but if you read the books, he WAS the Death Star.

So there.

*takes Uber-Nerd crown*
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 11:07 AM       
Yes, but that is the single worst Star Wars story ever written. Kevin J. Anderson is a horrible writer
Mocker
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 11:50 AM       
Someone clearly hasn't red the Black Fleet Trilogy.

Or The Crystal Star.

Or most of the New Jedi Order books.

*takes back crown and beheads usurper*
Asspunch McGruf
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 04:22 PM       
New Jedi Order pfft.

Timothy Zahn is the only competent Star Wars writer I know of.
Mocker
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 07:32 PM       
He is taking it back over now. He is writing all the post NJO books for a while.

And is it just me, or is this whole "bio-technology" concept that has dominated sci-fi the last few years retarded?

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:41 PM       
I'm just starting the NJO books, they seem pretty cool, and yes im sick of the biotech concept. I think it is Starcraft's fault. Damn Zerg. I so just wish they ressurect the Emperor again, and he wipes the Vong out in like 2 days. GO DARK SIDE.

Anderson wrote the Jedi Acedemy triology right? that was a damn good one.

And i liked the Boba Fett stories but IG-88 was retarded. But who okicked his ass? Boba.
Mocker
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM       
He kicked his ass and blew him up like 4 times.