FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:37 PM       
KEVIN J ANDERSON SUCKS
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM       
Well of course maybe I'm biased about it.

I read the entire Thrawn trilogy and was blown away, then I read one of Barbara Hambly's books and was disappointed. THEN I got a hold of a Kevin Anderson book and just said "Fuck it. I'll stick with canon for now."

And that is no small feat, what with Lucas himself fucking the trilogy up.

Maybe he should let the guy who directed ESB (his name slips my mind right now) direct the third prequel.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 02:52 AM       
The guy who directed ESB is Irvin Kershner ( meh close enough).

Boba ain't a ninny to me. He may not do much in the movies, but he does more than those other bounty hunters... Aw, screw this.

Lobo! Lobo! Lobo!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 07:51 PM       
First off, this thread made me LOL because I agree with much of it.

Second, I think "Darth" is to Sith as "Master" is to Jedi.

Third, anyone who liked Darth Maul's death scene really needs to rewind that scene and check out Maul's spectacularly plastic puppet face/empty sleeves with gloves sewed onto them after his upper torso makes its first spin. It's absolutely baffling.

Lastly, I can't say much more than I already did in my review and am only left to wonder how Episode 3's suckage will compare to Episodes 1 and 2. But I take comfort in the fact that people here will be ready to exchange the most awful moments of the movie in a way that makes me laugh again.

George Lucas, you incompetent fuck.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 12:22 AM       
I think people bitch too much about Star Wars and how the prequels don't live up to the original trilogy. So maybe George Lucas is fucking up a story that has great potential. Deal with it. There are thousands upon thousands of other stories that have been written or will be written that will be just as epic, just as fantastic as Star Wars, and movies will be made for some of them, and some of those movies will be as good as they're supposed to be. What's the point in moaning endlessly about one series? If Episodes 1 and 2 bother you, just keep watching 4-6 and be satisfied with that. Is everyone such a narrow-sighted fanboy that they just can't let go, as if Star Wars is some sacred golden calf? Go watch Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings, or read some books. You want sci-fi? Watch ESB again and wait for the next big series.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:29 PM       
Yeah everybody, just because something you love is conceivably ruined, why bitch about it? More movies are going to come out, so we can just wait for them!!!

That is about the stupidest logic I've ever seen. Sure, it would be great, and I'd be completely satisfied if I could go back and watch the original trilogy. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to do so, unless I get the bootleg DVD. Because as it stands, Lucas plans on going back and ruining them as well, if he ever re-releases them. Will it be okay if I wait and bitch about it then.

oh, and die.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
No shit. I don't get how some people don't understand the need to bitch.

That was very funny. Well done.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:29 PM       
hell, some of us actually liked Episodes 1 and 2.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:42 AM       
I just bought Knights of the Old Republic for my X-Box and its way more interesting than this thread.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:04 AM       
And yet...here you are.
LOL INTERNETS
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 09:17 PM       
Fine I got killed by a Sith Jedi and now I am stuck. You got me
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 09:21 PM       
I have that game too . I'm on the sewer part. I got it like, 2 days ago.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:51 PM       
Just finished it an hour ago. It was much better than episodes I and II. I'll go back now and do everything darkside.
LOL INTERNETS
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 01:40 AM       
As if you even did the light side first you little goodie two shoes

Its time you learn the ultimate rule of Bioware RPGs - EVIL ROCKS OVER ALL ELSE
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 08:41 AM        wooosh
i am not a big star-wars fan, but here is what i see:

-when lucas had an appertunity to expand on the SW universe by making prequels, what does he do? create a new exciting story? no, he insists on looping everything from the old trilogy the new trilogy for the sake of the fans (whom he seems to annoy the most). Chewie in EP3 will suck, a cameo would have been cool, but full character involment like this is lame.

-cheesy jokes in ep2, at one point: "your going to be the death of me". how i chuckled

-luke in ep2. holy shit, when watching ep1 i said to myself "the mother is going to be killed and luke is going to go evil". wafer thin surprize.

-stormtroopers, super efficient clone death troops in the new trilogy, idiots in the old trilogy. EG: serching for r2 and cp30, the knock on a door, wait a scant second and move on.

-complecating the plot, when you look at the old trilogy there is a simple and effective plot, but since then books and other spinoff have created backgrounds and links between characters who made a 2 second apperence in the background of a movie. therefore the new movies have to compensate for all this by linking characters and creating wierd plots involving politics and scientific theories and shit

anyways, i like the starwars movies, but lucas has gone mad with power since the 70s.

BTW: i apoligise for any inaccurices or whatever hardcore Starwars fans would disagree with