Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

C:enter:###
SLjimbolian is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 11:10 PM       
2012 will only amuse those who thought the world needed a sequel to The Day After Tomorrow. Otherwise, wait till it comes out on DVD so you can fast forward through the crap.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 09:46 AM       
UP again i cried this time cause i had that 10 year old with cancer story in my mind

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM       
Jurassic park!

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
Yeah I haven't seen any scientific evidence proving that the world will end in 2012. Its all based on prophetic mumbo jumbos in regards to an end of the mayan calender. Also a sales pitch to sell more tshirts and movie tickets.
I think people just mainly like using, "So, did you hear the world is going to end?" as an icebreaker/conversation starter.

My grandmother used to have a Nostradamus tape that she played when I was a kid. It scared the hell out of me because I thought it was being presented as some sort of fact. Nope, it was just a bunch of idiots with access to production equipment "translating" quatrains that they had no hope of understanding in the first place.

I hate the History Channel this time of year because it's all Nostradamus end of the world shit all the time.

Fact: The world ends for approximately 155,000 people a day. It'll come soon enough, don't go looking for it.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM       
2012 was awesome for what it is. a visual roller coaster ride ^.^
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 07:40 AM       
A Chinese Odyssey (both parts) -
I found these movies very hard to follow (the first had white subtitles without any drop or shadow, and they would frequently be overtop of light images. The video quality was also pretty bad, so the subs were useless. The second had excellent quality and legible subs, but the translation was horrible and the subtitles would show up before they were spoken--significantly early, actually). Doesn't help to be on drugs. Anyway, I still liked the movies, they were fun to watch.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM       
When I die your world ends too, Kitsa, unfortunately.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM       
I watched the Taking Of Pelham 123. It was ok, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM       
2012, millenium end of the world scare, jesus returning, communism (), New world order, etc:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millenarianism

did you guys ever hear about when jesus returned like 120 years ago? People gave up their belongings (all of them), bought rainbow colored shirts that said, "TAKE ME JESUS" and sat up in the mountains waiting for jesus. They might still be there!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 05:41 PM       
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM       
damn super has really lowered his standars

Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM       
Assassination Of Jesse James yada yada

I thought it was excellent. Visually stunning and the acting is great. There are some hauntingly awesome scenes, like the inevitable assassination scene or a certain supper scene, which had me at the edge of my seat. Not too much gunslinging involved, but the few violent scenes there are, are pretty brutal.

I've had this movie in my shelf for like three months and I really didn't feel like watching it, mainly because I think Brad Pitt is kind of a douche. I'm glad I did.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
UP again i cried this time cause i had that 10 year old with cancer story in my mind
I thought it was pretty messed up that the bad guy die-SQUIRREL!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM       
Why? The bad guy already lived an abnormally long life. He needed to die.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM       
Revolver. What a shitty movie. I was expecting it to actually have some revelation at the end that made it all make since. Boy was I let down.
taco loving zombie
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 08:16 PM       
i finally watched zombieland fast zombies still annoy me but it was a really funny movie woody harrelson is actually right about the twinkies in mexico business

teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM       
I think zoombies are scarier than zombies, but I was meh on Zombieland. It had its high points, I guess.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 10:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Melvin View Post
Assassination Of Jesse James yada yada

I thought it was excellent. Visually stunning and the acting is great. There are some hauntingly awesome scenes, like the inevitable assassination scene or a certain supper scene, which had me at the edge of my seat. Not too much gunslinging involved, but the few violent scenes there are, are pretty brutal.

I've had this movie in my shelf for like three months and I really didn't feel like watching it, mainly because I think Brad Pitt is kind of a douche. I'm glad I did.
Hey, I forgot I saw this movie, I liked it too.
taco loving zombie
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM       
the dark knight in blu-ray it has some parts that look really breathtaking

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 02:18 PM       
Metropolis.

No, not the classic Metropolis. This is the anime, based on both the classic German film and a pretty old manga. Some of the backgrounds were fucking cool looking, but most had that "this is computer animation 3D cartoon" stuff and some scenes look like the type of computer animation used in Futurama (but less "cartoony" I guess).

Like I said, some of the backgrounds were cool, the snow was cool, but the movie as a whole was boring. I don't really care for anime in general, so that doesn't help.

And it had a robot-human love story, which is something I used to joke about frequently.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM       
i went to see 'where the wild things are' it was awful
if i hadn't of had a guy there with me i would have walked out.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
Metropolis.

No, not the classic Metropolis. This is the anime, based on both the classic German film and a pretty old manga. Some of the backgrounds were fucking cool looking, but most had that "this is computer animation 3D cartoon" stuff and some scenes look like the type of computer animation used in Futurama (but less "cartoony" I guess).

Like I said, some of the backgrounds were cool, the snow was cool, but the movie as a whole was boring. I don't really care for anime in general, so that doesn't help.

And it had a robot-human love story, which is something I used to joke about frequently.
I rented that once because it looked really good but never watched it.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
i went to see 'where the wild things are' it was awful
if i hadn't of had a guy there with me i would have walked out.
YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE GUYS
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 08:55 PM       
inglourious basterds or however the hell he spelled it

it was okay but I could have done with less intrigue and more gratuitous nazi kills.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 09:50 PM       
ive tried to watch metropolis on two different occasions and turned it off both times

AND i was on drugs