Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 04:09 AM        Gears Tree.
Boy. If you ain't playin' this... U trippin.

It'd be fun to get in some multiplayer/hoard/beast with some I-mockers. My Gamertag is ThrashOmen. Lets set up something sexy for this week.

Also, thoughts on the game so far? My only gripe is in Hoard whenever Boomers and Kantuses are running around their foot steps sound like they're either all around me or RIGHT behind me, then it turns out they're behind a pillar 30 feet ahead of me.

Aside from that though the game is great. Getting into the campaign now.

And Marcus's dad looks like the guy from Breaking Bad.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 05:55 AM       
I can only give you my thoughts on the SP, like in the other thread.

It was...good? I gotta say, I´m really not a Gears Fan at all, I think the universe is rather bland and unfinished but what can I expect from a shooter.

Still, I like what they do with those few ressources. The gameplay is solid, the enviroments are great...all the stuff that happens in the first 3 hours of play is commendable. I also liked the arsenal better than in the other 2 Gears, I had a hard time deciding which Assault Rifle to use most of the time, they all have their advantages

All in all, the SP is a really pleasant ride with very few boring or really frustrating moments. A step up from Gears 2 imo.

But there are also some things I really didn´t like, namely the whole ending which I of course won´t spoil, but I was really really pissed at Epic for that.

Concerning the other modes...I won´t play competitive MP but Horde and Beast seem like fun so far
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM       
lol as soon as i saw marcus father i said the same thing about his looks, anyways gamertag darkbros

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM       
Waiting for the UPS man right now so that I may partake in Gears 3ness. I feel like a spy. I didn't want a bunch of sun in my room, so I taped a single blind up and I'm looking out of it every 3 minutes while begrudgingly playing deus ex to pass the time. Fucking Gears get here already!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM       

awww, darkvare, it's nice of you to help your friend unbox his copy
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
Been sitting on my lawn for most of the afternoon waiting for UPS and finally at 7:30 pm I get it. And sadly I'm too tired to play it since I got up early at 4 am to do work so that I could play all day. Gonna take a couple hour nap and then get to gearsin.

My xbox live name: No Objection
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM       
Beast mode is fucking hard by yourself, and I'm not to keen on random XBL faggotry. I get off work around midnightish (EST). Lets trow a room up.
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM       
Honestly, most people don't talk into the mics, so you don't have anything to worry about online-wise for beast mode. And it's awesome as shit. I love being both the centipede and the baby corpser. Fun fun stuff. Horde is bad ass also. I'm having a lot of fun doing those two modes while I wait for my buds to find a good time we can all play. One is getting chewed out for playing games all the time, another is working. Versus works a lot better than previous versions, although sometimes I think it's rolling shotgun fest. But they always get kinda pissed when I just keep backing up while they try to get close so they can roll around me and shotgun. Homie don't play that.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 11:48 PM       
being a boomer in beast mode rules but since it's set to execution people can easily steal your kills

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 01:11 AM       
Man, I miss playing gears online. I met this great bloke from Perth online and we became pretty good friends, but I ran out of xbox live credit and haven't played it or talked to him since.

Is the game really quite superior to Gears 2, or can I save my money?
Prepare for time warp.
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 03:37 AM       
Dude me and my friends played the SHIT out of Gears 1 and 2. With G2 I played alot of online but whenever me and my buddies played we played with bots. It was actually really fun and the bots were pretty fun. Mainly because there were alot of flaws with online multiplayer and everything just felt smoother (but still challenging) with bots on insane.

Right now, it's like Gears 2 but with so many more options, plus Hoard is pretty fucking killer. I was playing and then BOOM fucking Brumak out of no where.

Awesome weapons, stuff to unlock, more achievments, the new "tower defense" style to hoard takes some adjusting too if you're used to old Hoard, but it's really fucking awesome once you get the hang of it. Having to "buy" weapon pickups instead of just grabbing what you want is a little frustrating at first, but then you start to love it. Adds so much more depth to the gameplay.

Beast mode seems hard as hell, and I haven't gotten too far. Only thing I don't like is the time limit. I wish it was more open like Hoard, haven't played much yet though.
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:07 PM       
So I'm really sad about a particular part of this game.
Spoilers!
Prepare for time warp.
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 12:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
So I'm really sad about a particular part of this game.
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 12:12 AM       
So my friend's xbox just red lighted, and he's going to buy a new one that comes in a box-set with Gears 3... and he's going to sell me his old copy of it for $50. Excellent.
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 12:17 AM       
I'd highly recommend it. It's got so much content. There's a lotta jelly in these doughnuts.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 01:15 AM       
Just beat the game and...

Spoilers!
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM       
Yeah man, but it's really kind of bittersweet.

Spoilers!
drifting in the void
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM       
You guys don´t really believe for one second that they aren´t gonna make a 4th, 5th, 6th game, right? If THIS is all they can do storywise WHILE having a so-calles "author" on the team...fuck, I can write them the story for the next 4 gears and it would be better than what they do...
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM       
I enjoyed the story. Sure, it's nothing ground breaking, but what do you really expect? If we had a more focused story, they wouldn't have been able to bring us to so many awesome locations and give us so many awesome set pieces. There's only so much you can do while also pushing the boundaries of what the previous games showed us. Plus, I certainly wouldn't want to end up in metal gear solid territory with hour long cutscenes trying to show story and explain shit. This game actually moves you forward rather than stopping you in the middle to watch a movie. I really enjoyed it for what it was. It made me feel more things than most movies are able to and that's what counts to me. And I honestly don't think there are going to be any more gears games unless it's with different characters or a prequel. But it will never be the same.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 01:28 PM       
While I do agree on that, I was just kind of pissed that they sort of bragged with that oh-so-great author they had. What we got didn´t need any kind of author, anyone could´ve written that story, that´s all I´m saying.

All in all I would´ve been satisfied if they provided any serious answers to the question 1&2 AND 3 throw at the player over the course of the series. In the end, nothing was resolved at all and I don´t like that.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 10:51 PM       
Semi-spoilers (there's no semi spoiler tags, plus I don't care)

I feel that they brought up alot of things dealing with Adam Fenix and Marcus that weren't explained IN ORDER to make more games based on the Fenix mysteries.

For example, Adam asks Marcus "Where'd you get that scar?" which we still don't know (I think one of the Gears novels tells it but I'm not sure) and then there's the relationship between Myrrah and Adam and Adam's sympathy for the Locust's in general and Adam having a part in the the events before E-Day. There were alot of things not answered in general that I think only prequels can explain.

I've heard that Epic wanted to span Gears out into different games and spin offs over the next 10 years and this was back during the release of Gears 2 (2008) so don't worry, with as big of a seller as this game is, they'd be stupid not to make new installments. This was the only game I've been interested in A LONG time that was sold out when I went to go pick up a copy.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM       
Marcus received his scars during his stay at the prison he was in, according to the wiki, but you never learn that in any of the games. There is a lot of information out there about the characters in the novels and comics that is canon and never hinted at at all in the actual game. Most of the new characters from Gears 2 and 3 were in the novels and comics before they were introduced into the games.

Gears not giving me a decent solution to everything really bummed me out.

Spoilers!

Last edited by Nick : Sep 26th, 2011 at 01:30 AM.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 12:59 AM       
I have 7 Gears comics, one of which features Jace. I got that issue back before I even bought Gears 1. The comic was just great.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 01:33 AM       
Yeah, Jace is the protagonist of the comic books. Which is funny, because in Gears 3 he comes off as giant fucking waste of space to me. They should have kept Nolan North as his voice actor because Gears 3 Jace sounded like a little bitch to me.

This is so much better.