Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:22 AM        The Official NBA Playoffs thread
Yeah so if you don't like sports, you can start your own lame thread about how gay sports are and all that good stuff.

Anyway, my beloved Lakers are on the ropes, but if they can pull one out tomorrow at home, they've got a sporting chance. I think San Antonio is the best team in the league though. Tim Duncan is the man.

As for the Dallas-Sacramento series, what a strange match up. Two blow outs by the Kings, one blow out by the Mavs, and now a nutty double OT game. Weird. The West is definitely the most entertaining and I think the Western Conf Final will determine this years NBA champ.

I haven't even watched much of the East. I keep waiting for Detriot to meltdown but so far they have proven me wrong. I think the Nets are the team to beat though. The Suns should have never traded Jason Kid.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:25 AM       
Hey, remember those crappy movies that Shaq made? Those movies sure were crappy.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:29 AM       
Shaq-Fu and Kazaam, you also forgot about all of those terrible video games.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
Kazaam was a crappy movie, not a terrible video game.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:40 AM       
Shaq-Fu, Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam, and Michael Jordan's Adventure in the windy city were all the reasons why Shaquille O'Neal, Charles Barkely, and Michael Jordan were never in any of the NBA Jam games, because of licensing.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:02 AM       
Webber is out.

I've been hoping the Kings would take it this year, but I don't think they can beat LA or San Antonio without Chris Webber. I do think they can still beat Dallas however.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:05 AM       
Fuck basketball. NBA Street is a fucking awesome basketball game. I'll take any of you on with my giant alien robot.
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:11 AM       
Nobody can beat me and my Yeti in NBA Street
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid

Old May 11th, 2003, 02:11 AM        word up
Losing CWebb hurts. But both the Kings and Mavs have five guys that can put up 20 a night. That series is definitely not for those who appreciate good fundamentals and sound defense. Every game is going to be a shoot out to the end.

I think if the Spurs get past L.A., they'll be on the fast track. Unless Dallas/Sac. can shoot the lights out against them and put up 115 points a game.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 02:21 AM       
I'd love to have the Pistons beat the Lakers in the finals...that'd be beautiful.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 11th, 2003, 10:54 AM       
Space Jam was quite possibly one of the shittiest movies ever.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 11:48 AM       
Indeed.

We can't forget to mention Dennis Rodman, either, what with Double Take and Simon Sez. So which of those three has the worst movie career.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:15 PM       
This just in:

Jose Canseco will soon be writing a book about the darkest secrets of the NBA. Rumor has it, he will expose the truth about the cock fights that they hold underneath the courts while dining on bald eagles.
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Space Jam was quite possibly one of the shittiest movies ever.
http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=3371

- Outerspacekid
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:13 PM       
Fuck you both. I wanted to make a thread about how shitty space jam was.
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:32 PM       
YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE
- Outerspacekid

Old May 12th, 2003, 02:34 AM        Oh yeah....
Go Lakers.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 04:01 AM       
Fuck the Lakers.

The Spurs may be the team in the West, but Robinson is becoming more and more of a liability. There's only so much Duncan can do.

I KNOW it'll be a team from the West who wins it all, but I'd LIKE to see the Nets do it.

Old May 12th, 2003, 11:01 AM        Yeah
If I wasn't from L.A., I wouldn't like the Lakers either. Nobody likes a winner.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flag
Webber is out.

I've been hoping the Kings would take it this year, but I don't think they can beat LA or San Antonio without Chris Webber. I do think they can still beat Dallas however.
Dear Mr. Chris Webber,

Thank you for helping to screw up the University of Michigan's basketball program for the next couple of years and then lying about it. I hate you. Have a nice day.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 02:14 PM       
God-dammit!!! How the hell could San Antonio have let the Lakers take two in a row from them? I mean, both of the games in L.A. didn't even LOOK like the Spurs from the previous two games. As much as I love David Robinson, and I have since he was a rookie, it's good that this is his last year. He's maybe 60% of what he used to be. I'm still gonna miss him, though.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:49 AM        Re: Yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
If I wasn't from L.A., I wouldn't like the Lakers either. Nobody likes a winner.
It has nothing to do with that, I had them pegged to still go all the way throughout most of the season, simply because they know how to win when it's important. I likewise think that Kobe Bryant is now the best ball player in the leauge, hands down.

What I don't like is Shaquille O'Neal. I think he's a big cry baby, and were he not 10 feet tall and 600 pounds, he wouldn't be nearly as effective a player as he has been. I think Rick Fox is a punk, and despite by admiration for him, I think Phil Jackson is highly overrated (as are most winning coaches, of course).

Old May 14th, 2003, 11:24 AM        What?
Kev,
I can think of ten guys off the top of my head who cry ten times more than Shaq. Shaq never bitches about calls. No team in the entire league complains more about officiating than the Kings. Which is ironic, because they are such poor free throw shooters.

Regardless, I don't think Shaq is a bad player at all. For a man his size, he has excellent foot work. He is a competent passer and can dominate any single player and most double teams presented to him. Remember the days when people used to purposely foul Shaq to put away game? Those days are gone. Honestly, is there a better center in the league?

I'm not a fan of Rick Fox either, although he's a solid defender. Robert Horry is past his prime as well. No disrespect, just the fact of the matter. I also think the Lakers should have kept van Exel. He bring much more to the table than Fischer does.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:02 AM       
LAKERS=GONE!!!!!

And honestly, fuck Nick Van Exel. That worthless piece of shit grew up and played H.S. basketball in my hometown, and all he's done is bitch about how tough life was for him, even though he got a scholarship to the most exclusive school in Kenosha, just for his basketball abilities, while his mother "worked hard" at Chrysler, making around $18 an hour. What a fucking crybaby pussy bitch.

I'd root for the Mavs if it wasn't for him.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...

Old May 16th, 2003, 01:12 PM        Ummm.
Yeah, about that. See I didn't really say that I wanted to make out with Nick Van Exel. I didn't even say that he'd be a swell guy to share a malt liquored beverage with.

I was actually just pointing out that he's a pretty solid basketball player at the point guard position and the Lakers would have been better off keeping him. I don't really care if he beats his baby's momma, or sells crack to kids.

As for the Lakers, these things happen. I guess you can't win EVERY year. You know, it's ironic that the Lakers have won more championships consecutively than some franchices have in their combined history.