Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:10 AM       
I liked that thread when it was on Something Awful
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:03 PM       
I sure didn't.
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM       
Didn't see Puzzlequest on here yet. Haven't played the Wii version yet, but I have much love for the DS one.

First post, by the way. Hi all, happy '08
but it still damn hurts.
Its_Not_a_tumor is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM        DR MARIO
I would like Dr Mario on the virtual console. I have been waiting for this title patiently, but I haven't seen it on there. It's the best puzzle game since Tetris, and the best Mario themed puzzler.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM       
Wii: Meroid Prime 3

DS: Mario and Luigi: Partners in time (I doubt anyone carries this anymore)
Meteos (same goes for this, but you can get the disney version, if you can stomach that kind of thing)
New Super Mario Bros. (short but sweet)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Dawn of sorrow is better, but I think you'll have an easier time tracking this one down.
Super Mario 64 DS (don't bother if you're tired of the original)
Bloodbender

Mullon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 01:27 AM       
Since we are talking about the decline of Sonic games thanks to the transition from 2D to 3D and DS games that we'd reccomend, I reccomend Sonic Rush for the DS. It's actually quite good. Much better then some of the Sonic Advance games.

Castlevania games were pretty good too.
Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM       
Wii: Super Paper Mario(note: it's a bit short, and rather easy, I still think it's fun)

VC: Gate of Thunder(do not over look the bounty of shmups on the Turbografx-16 section. This one may be king of them all)
Military Madness(if you like Advance Wars, you'll love this one. Also a Turbografx game)
Ants Who Ruin Your Dinner
Codiekitty is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM       
DS:

Somebody already mentioned Phoenix Wright, but you said you didn't care for it.

I liked Scurge Hive. It's not a great game, but it's decent and you can get it for $10 at many places like Target and Best Buy, so you can't complain about the price. It's essentially a 3D isometric Metroid, and I swear somebody on the design staff was a big fan of Metroid Fusion.

And for "I haven't played it but I've heard it's good," Etrian Odyssey is an ode to old school RPGs of past. You use the touch screen to make maps of the dungeons. It might be hard to find.

I thought Gate of Thunder was really lame (I played it on an actual TurboGrafx, I don't have a Wii and I don't want one right now). It wasn't uncommon for me to be holding the fire button and nothing else and having the enemies fly into my bullets, maybe I had to move up and down a little. Except for stage 5, the stages are all mechanical bases, or eventually move into one, or aren't mechanical bases but look like one anyway, and are often so busy that half the time I died I couldn't even figure out what hit me. The bosses look like toys. It's also really easy - the first time I played it I made it to the third boss without dying, and the fifth stage before getting a Game Over, and the only somewhat difficult stage is the sixth one because of how cluttered it gets sometimes, but this is easily taken care of with the Wave/Sonic Boom. The music was decent, though. Lords of Thunder is somewhat better, but it's not on the VC (yet).

It'd be nice if they'd get Ys on the VC.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 12:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullon View Post
Since we are talking about the decline of Sonic games thanks to the transition from 2D to 3D and DS games that we'd reccomend, I reccomend Sonic Rush for the DS. It's actually quite good. Much better then some of the Sonic Advance games.
YEAH YEAH BUDDY I'VE HEARD THIS ALL BEFORE

After trying out Sonic rush and not really feeling it, I've decided that my love for old Sonic games is purely nostalgia-based and I'm ok with that

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:47 AM       
Someone already mentioned but I'll reiterate Umbrella Chronicles. Fun little game and great with a friend! Don't try any of that Wii Zapper malarkey with it though. It would probably suck.

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM       
Codiekitty, i just looked up some screens of scurge hive and i have to say i am definately going to get it. it looks quite fun.

and etrian odyssey seems pretty sweet, too. and i kind of trust atlus.
Forum Virgin

leathco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 01:46 AM       
DS:
Final Fantasy 3
Contra 4

Wii:
Mario Galaxy
Zelda TP

VC:
Sin and Punishment
Star Fox 64