Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Alxcipher is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 12:24 AM       
I thought the ending of Reloaded was great. It left it all hanging with many questions. Revolutions didn't however answer those questions.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 04:34 AM       
Yeah....questions like 'Why was the script/acting so appalling?', 'Why did I sit through this film?', 'Thats the end?? Are they taking the piss??'

So the ending of that film (reloaded) is essentially some bloke we saw in one throwaway scene holding a knife is .....a villian! And he is lying next to Keanu!! And whats more, to emphasise the fact this random bloke is a bad guy, we will play a little 'DA-DA-DAAAAAA!' musical sting! And then it ends.

BUNCH OF ARSE.

Old Nov 7th, 2003, 05:20 AM       
Or the parts of the film that ask, "how could Neo stop the squids in the real world", "Why is Bane still alive", "How did Smith get into Bane" etc etc. I guess you missed that. Pity, it was rather clever.
wreckreation is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 05:48 AM       
MATRIX
Mocker
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 10:16 AM       
"it was rather clever."

Erm...No, it wasn't.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
"The thing I got to give RELOADED credit for is that the ending totally ruled, and left you hanging."

Are you on crack? The ending was a pile of shit. Ooohhh, lool, a slow pan down to a guy with a beard. Soo coooool it's krazy!
I loved the ending. The whole architect theme brought in some interesting concepts. After the second movie was over, everyone was making conjectures onto what exactly happened. I'm not so much talking about the actual "Smith gets into Bane" parts, but the fact that the Architect brought an entirely new persepctive into the film was well done. Too bad the last movie didn't do a very good job of explaining anything.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
Yeah....questions like 'Why was the script/acting so appalling?', 'Why did I sit through this film?', 'Thats the end?? Are they taking the piss??'
I certainly took the piss. On that movie! *rimshot*

Seriously, though, looking back, it did raise some interesting questions, like "will there be a filthy homeless person in the next movie?", "will the final movie in the series actual tie up the loose ends of the story?", "whatever happened to Bill S. Preston Esq.?", and other such questions.
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:44 AM       
Spoilers*!!!!!!

The thing i'm most interested about is how machines and humans co-exist. Do they live together as friends, or do they mark up seperate boundaries promising never to cross each others land or mess with their business.

How Neo sacfiriced himself to destroy all the smiths were cool, cept... Smith copied himself to many normal pluged-in people of the matrix right? Couldn't the matrix can goto one of the fetal pods and electrocute that?

Nice touch on all the sentinals flying together to form a face.

Lot's of nostalgic memories of the first movie.
Ie. Battles with smith were similar, neo getting up from the ground with dust in his hair.
The deja-vu cat, and other little bits i can't remember now.

I loved the movie, glad they didn't explain it with the matrix in matrix theory. I still don't understand why smith gets neo powers by posessing the oracle. All she does is see the future right??? Not fly around... and describing Smith as a parrallel of Neo is kinda silly... i dunno... it's still beautiful. Yea my friend talked about how it's borderline DBZ. I'm dissapointed, many actors got like so little show time. I wanted to see more of the archetech merovingian and persephone.

I heard somewhere that in the matrix game, apparently when neo kissed persephone, they traded information or something... i dunno can anyone spoil the game pls?

Peace
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 12:55 PM       
How long will it be before we see 'The Matrix Musical Revue' on Broadway or on some stage in London's West End? My votes are for Robert Goulet as Morpheus and Sebastian Bach as Neo. Tyne Daly could play the Oracle, or that decrepit council member who yapped at Neo about destiny and shit while they were in the bowels of Zion.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 02:40 PM       
SPOILER MAYBE

DID ANYONE CATCH HOW AGENT SMITH CALLED THE ORACLE MOM???

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 03:03 PM       
Yeah, I caught it. Of course, the movie didn't go anywhere with that angle. I guess the brothers Wachowsky just wanted Agent Smith to look like a big digital version of Oedipus. Lousy mother fucker.

Quote:
I wanted to see more of the archetech merovingian and persephone.
I agree. Frankly, I wanted to see more of Persephone, too, and I'm not talking screentime, baby!

Not that her boobs didn't steal the show enough when she was on camera, but still.

Quote:
I heard somewhere that in the matrix game, apparently when neo kissed persephone, they traded information or something... i dunno can anyone spoil the game pls?
My pleasure. Neo doesn't appear at all in the video game. You do get to see both Ghost and Niobe kiss Persephone, but only to rehash that scene in the bathroom, where one has to prove their love for the other, and not to exchange information.

Also, to further spoil the game for you, the game was god awful and tiresome.

Old Nov 7th, 2003, 07:28 PM       
Quote:
"it was rather clever."

Erm...No, it wasn't.
Well, that's certainly god-damn conclusive. You've made a believer out of me.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
How Neo sacfiriced himself to destroy all the smiths were cool, cept... Smith copied himself to many normal pluged-in people of the matrix right? Couldn't the matrix can goto one of the fetal pods and electrocute that?
I see your point, but I think I may have the answer. Here goes...

The machines couldn't electrocute any of the bodies in the tubes because they weren't linked in the same way. The body fields are not directly linked to the center of the city, otherwise known as the "source". Neo, however, was linked, not only to the Matrix, but linked through the actual "CPU", so to speak. Since he was a direct link, they were able to manipulate him in ways that were not possible out in the fields.
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 05:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxcipher
Quote:
"it was rather clever."

Erm...No, it wasn't.
I can't believe anyone takes these movies' cod-philosophy seriously. I have seen deeper meaning in 'Ernest goes poopoos'
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 10:50 AM       
The ending of Matrix Reloaded was CHEESY AS SHIT. Of course, that's pretty much the whole reason WHY I like it, it makes me laugh.

The trilogy as a whole is nowhere near as strong as it could have been, it didn't live up to its potential that was hinted at in the first movie. A lot of the philosophical stuff was never explored, just brought up and then never touched again. So you have a lot of dead ends there. I think the Wachowskis tried to be vague on some things so you could form your own interpretations, but I think a viewing of all three movies closer together would be required to really find any hidden meaning in any of it.

I certainly enjoyed the trilogy, it was GREAT eye-candy. The acting for the most part was shit, Hugo Weaving was the best of the bunch. But I love the old Star Wars movies too and the acting was pretty much crap there too. Sadly, the movies don't have NEARLY as much depth as they seem to think they have, but that doesn't bother me but so much.

I like the movies, but as for the trilogy as a whole, it doesn't rank up there anywhere near the old Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, etc...
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 03:59 PM       
Just back from seeing it. Holy shit. Awesomeness abound.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 08:50 PM       
well i just got back from seeing and man did it suck, im really dissapointed. the battle for zion was cool, but man was the neo vs. smith thing retarded, i fully agree with the whole real life DBZ comment. so all in all, this series just got worse with each movie
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 10:45 PM       
Everything was great except the Trinity getting killed part and the Smith vs. Neo part. I say the Trinity dying part was bad not because I like her, but because she talked a whoooole lot for someone with an iron rod through her lung. And the Smith vs. Neo thing was just retarded on many levels.

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 02:56 AM       
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxcipher
Quote:
"it was rather clever."

Erm...No, it wasn't.
I can't believe anyone takes these movies' cod-philosophy seriously. I have seen deeper meaning in 'Ernest goes poopoos'
I saw the Philosophy as cogent and well done. I'm not sure how'd you construe it as stupid.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 10:43 AM       
Oh I can see it plainly

Anyone who thinks Keanu Reeves is jesus is stupid.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Matrix Revolutions was disappointing, but it wasn't bad. It definetly didn't live up to my expectations. No agents. I would rather have agents fight in the movie then see three jillion Smiths do nothing.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 07:38 PM       
Saw it. It sucked.

THE END.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:12 AM       
http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/031109matrix.htm
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 02:41 AM       
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 02:47 AM       

I didn't laugh that much, I wanted to see what it would look like.