Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dschingis Khan
Lastpatriot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM        Upon completing all of Konami's Rocket Knight games...
I half-expect them to come out tomorrow with "TIME FOR SEQUEL", just to spite me.

Anyway, let's remember that highly underrated series, starting with the most brickshitting moment of any platformer I have played.

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM       
I'm confused what this thread is trying to accomplish but, yeah, I own the Genesis Rocket Knight Adventures and it's a good game..

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM       
I could never beat it. I tried and tried and tried, always got killed at the part with the two giant robots.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:23 PM       
I think you should mark this the Rocket Knight Adventures appreciation thread.

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 12:46 PM       
I got really bored (masochistic) today and decided to beat this game.

See, when I was a kid, I thought that after I beat the rival in that big giant robot, I really thought that'd be it.

Turns out, that's about the 60% point. In the final levels, the game thinks it's HILARIOUS to throw out End Boss after End Boss to fuck you up. Granted, the fights are really really cool and almost cinematic, but there's no chance to heal in between them; it's like the obligatory Mega Man gauntlet, only without regeneration, and without predictable attack patterns, and in completely different scenarios each time. I was expecting to beat this without save states but, truly, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

Look at it this way: I was at the end of Level Five, beating up Axle in the huge robot. After that...you go into space, fight a space robot, fight Axle and his minions, fight a HUGE circling mothership (which is exactly like the one at the end of Bucky O'Hare), a Pig Emperor, a face-off with Axle, a face-off with Axle while being sucked into space, (heal), a final pig robot boss with about 20 hit points, and then an escape into the Earth's atmosphere (you play this, too).

And the worst part? The ending screen is one of those that says "CONGRATULATIONS! TRY A HARDER MODE!" and something like that always knocks two points off a game's score for me.

All things aside, this is probably one of the top five hardest games I've ever played, sitting alongside company like Bayou Billy and Gradius.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM       
Top 5 hardest? Really? I beat the cart about 10+ years ago. It was rented at the time but since have gotten my own copy. Didn't think it was that bad.

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 10:19 PM       
Anybody else find that fourth driving sequence to Enrique's Compound in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, impossible to beat? To this day, even with save state, I still can't figure that fucking level out.

Anyways, yeah, Rocketknight and Sparkster were awesome games. I think I got stuck in the first game, but I can't remember where.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM       
Yeah, I hated that level and have never been past it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Dschingis Khan
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 07:30 AM       
I abused savestates like hell to beat the hardest mode, and it just says "YOU ARE VERY STRONG!!".

Schimid, I assume you mean the NES Bucky O'Hare game, right? The arcade game ends with you fighting Complex in some goofy 2001-type psychedelic room.
Dschingis Khan
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 07:36 AM       
I abused savestates like hell to beat the hardest mode, and it just says "YOU ARE VERY STRONG!!".

Schimid, I assume you mean the NES Bucky O'Hare game, right? The arcade game ends with you fighting Complex in some goofy 2001-type psychedelic room.