Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 01:40 PM       
That sucks Embee, maybe you should check out the book at the library. Books usually fill you in on a lot more than the movie does.
eats kittens
Embee90 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 01:51 PM       
Perhaps. The whole "stoned out of your fuckin' mind" thing never really has appealed to me anyway.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 01:55 PM       
Don't ever let that stop you from reading Hunter S. Thompson books.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM       
I heard Johnny Depp's personality forever changed after he stayed with Hunter S. Thompson for a while. I heard he lived in the basement.

Hunter S. Thompson's basement must have been scary as all hell.

Also, I have a stuffed duck named Hunter S. Thompson.

Hunter S. Thompson.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM       
H.S.T. was why I gave up all hope on politics and faith in mankind. He made life more real for me. Oh and Embee, most of H.S.T.'s work is written under the influence of alcohol.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 08:20 PM       
lemme see, this weekend we watched:

the cure - cute movie about a kid with aids very tear-worthy

wanted - gah, i had my doubts about this film. the first 30-minutes were very stylized and actually really good, but this style fell short for the rest of the movie. if you want sick action scenes, watch this. those scenes are shot very well

dodgeball - classic

animal house - double secret classic

;D pretty good weekend
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post

dodgeball - classic

If you still have this available to you on DVD watch it again. Everytime Ben Stiller snaps his fingers in the movie you can hit the ENTER button on your remote control for a hidden scene not found anywhere else.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 08:45 PM       
elf. it was better than I thought it'd be.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM       
Step Brothers again.

The year without santa claus - old claymation. Mickey Rooney is awesome.

The curious case of Benjamin Button. This was a really good movie. 3 hours long too.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
Teeth

"It's true! Vagina Dentata! It's true!"
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2008, 06:07 AM       
Raging Bull. Got the DVD for Krismus. DeNiro is great as Jake LaMotta--who consulted on the film. I saw an interview he did a while back with ESPN and that guy is the first to say what a jerk he was. That's honesty. But LaMotta was the most fun to watch until Ali came along. The Bronx Bull was a middle weight but he hit like a heavyweight. He knocked Laurente Dauthuille through the ropes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lamotta_dauth2.jpg
and fought Sugar Ray Robinson six times. Too bad he got mixed up with the mob--that pretty much ended his career. The movie shows him knocking Sugar Ray through the ropes but you know Hollywood: the like twisting a story like they work in a pretzel factory.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 11:04 AM       
[mild spoilers]

The Pianist
- Breathtakingly brilliant film. I loved this so much. It's an amazing testament to the human spirit that anyone could've survived the Warsaw ghettos which were so vividly portrayed in this film. My favourite part was near the end when a German officer, obviously aware that the Wermacht were losing at this point, discovers Wladyslaw Szpilman and asks him to play a song. Believing it to be the last song he will ever play it's as though he unleashes all the sorrow and anger that has built up within him thoughout the past 4 years in one perfect song. So taken with the brilliance of this the officer behins to help Szpilman to survive.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 10:36 AM       
Finally saw The Wrestler. Great movie. Even if you don't like pro wrestling I'd recommend it. I'm not really big into it now, but I was in the 80s/early 90s and this movie had me thinking at times about the "whatever happened to him?" type guys. While it's got this dreary atmosphere, it's really a warm movie more often than not and there are some good laughs.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 10:53 AM       
Maximum Overdrive.

It's definitely going to be filed in the "great movies to drink to" section.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 02:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Maximum Overdrive.

It's definitely going to be filed in the "great movies to drink to" section.

Have you seen it's counterpart called "Trucks" ?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM       
The Strangers - I'm pretty sure this is the spiritual sequel to When a Stranger Calls because they're both pointless, terrible and use the same basic premise that you never see the faces of the killer/s. It was so horribly clichéd I spent half the time groaning at the screen and discussing with my girlfriend how stupid the victims were being. For example at one point they discover a shotgun and a whole shoebox full of shells. Now what they should've done is gone into a room with only 1 way in and aimed at the door until morning. What they actually did was split up - one of them going outside with the shotgun into some dark woods. Urgh.
It has that stupid thing at the start where it says "BASED ON TRUE EVENTS" - presumably the true events were that someone died once and they filled in the rest with generic horror film scenes (Oh noes a shadowy figure is standing in the distance and in a blink he has disappeared!!)

Really really terrible shit load of crap. Never watch The Strangers

Bag Head - Though I figured out the plot before it finished it was still an enjoyable film. Check it out if you like independant low-budget horror/comedies.

Seven Pounds - This was the third film of the night I watched and by this point I was extremely drunk which hampered my enjoyment slightly. I think it's a good film, it has a decent premise and Wil Smith acts well. Worth a rent I'd say.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM       
Yes Man - It was decent. I have the hugest crush on Zooey Deschanel.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM       
Watched Madagascar last night. Worth watching it alone for the Mafia penguins.

Later I watched Resident Evil: Degeneration. It was awesome. Can't wait for resident Evil 5 now(Still need to get a PS3 though.)
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:19 AM       
Ping Pong Playa' - Surprisingly enjoyable film about a Chinese teenager that wants to be a basketball player but ends up competing in a Ping Pong tournament. Some decent jokes along the way and a suitably heart-warning ending.

Taken - When an ex-government agent's daughter is taken during a trip to France he is forced to employ his skills to track down her captors and serve them some rough-justice. So far as action-thrillers go this was a really good one, basically if you liked Man on Fire then you'll like this.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM       
Tropic Thunder - I love Robert Downey Jr. as Lincoln Osirus.

Uzumaki - It was creepy!

Last night I bought Resident Evil: Degeneration on Blu-Ray and I hope to watch it soon.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM       
I LOVE uzumaki but there is one part that really creeps me out. Not one of the standard jump scares, either.

I watched "Murderball" and loved it, although the way they focused on the neck scars made me a little self-conscious about mine.
The Unicorn
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:33 PM       
Which part was it?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:22 PM       
Man on Wire - Reasonably interesting documentary. The French are so weird.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 11:57 AM       
Re: Uzumaki....

Spoilers!
The Unicorn
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 03:26 PM       
Super High Me - I probably should have watched it high.

Maniac Cop - Made me