Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 12:14 PM       
Quote:
hey bubba, if moore is a very very bad person why would he struggle on the issue of forwarding the footage? wouldnt he just hide it and make up some story about how he couldnt release the footage?
why would he admit his faults if he were so bad?
Just because you admit you're wrong doesn't make you a good person. Just because he struggled with a decision doesn't make his choice anymore right or wrong. Hiding the footage would just make even more of a douschebag than he already is

I despise anyone who is either completely Liberal or completely conservative. Hence I despise Micheal Moore, because since his one tooled out acceptance speech about bush. He's perhaps the most whiny person ever.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 01:01 PM       
I think Moore should have reported this stuff right away, and simply eaten whatever criticsim came with it.

Of course, the red cross already reported it to the administration, and the first guy they sent out to 'investigate' said nothing out of the ordinary was going on.

Nalds posted this not because of hat he thinks of Moore, (A given) but to reinforce his belief that we'd all leap to Moores defense. I think he did the wrong thing, I wish he'd done otherwise, but I don't think he needs defending in any case. He's not in the military, he didn't commit these crimes, he didn't ask lawyers to lay legal groundwork for commiting these crimes, etc, etc, etc.

Again, I think he had a moral obligation to turn this stuff over immediately. I think he failed. That his mortvation was profit is speculation, and no more justified by the article than my theory that W's motivation for invading Iraq is his twisted relationship with his father. My point is, the number of people on the list above Moore who need defending for their actions in this situation is really, really long before you get to Moore. Mayeb at some future point it will be worth spending time on Moores culpability for abuse that took place during the months he knew and the time 60 minutes first publicly aired the photos. But before we get there, a whole lot of actively involved parties need to be... examined. Maybe if we hooded them, stripped them and set dogs on them the process would go quickly enough that we might get to Moore in the next decade.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 02:38 PM       
Max and Scru pretty much said my response Ranx.

Moore did a bad thing. Bush did worse. Does it make it ok that Moore did a bad thing? No. We all understand that the actual acts taking place were horrible. Moore had a personal moral responsibility to report them. Not a professional one. Although considering he is a figurehead of the compasionate liberal demographic it does seem rather odd that he would decide to withhold information on the suffering of others till he could use it in his little "documentary".
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 03:25 PM       
"Moore did a bad thing. Bush did worse." - cap. bub.

hold on there! This has nothing to do with Bush....other than that you are on the right track...

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 04:21 PM       
Sure it does. Two people covered up one thing that needed to be known. One runs the country, the other is a fat jackass. The one who runs the country is dutifully obligated to report this, the sensationalist retard, only morally. Therefore, the president has failed to do his job, whereas the "documentary maker," is merely a sack of shit citizen. He shouldn't be under 1/100 of the bad press that Bush should get. No argument.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 04:52 PM       
"Two people covered up one thing that needed to be known."

prove it.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 05:00 PM       
Google search Shows:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...al-news-nation

Secondly, No matter how much you argue over this, you have to admit that the prisoner abuse videos would have a different impact, if it came from Moore. :/

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 05:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
"Two people covered up one thing that needed to be known."

prove it.
Do you really think Moore knew before Bush? If so, isn't that complete ineptitude?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 05:48 PM       
If Bush didn't know about it, he's an incompetent head of state for not knowing what his military is doing, either by sheer ignorance or through the choice of people that he has working for him. If he did know about it, he's an asshole for not ordering an end to it right away.

Both are bad for him.

And he rapes babies.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 07:23 PM       
Like Bush gives a damn what them good ol boys in the Pentagon do, as long as he gets results.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 08:46 PM       
Prisoner abuse happens on some level all the time everywhere.

Bush wasn't notified of the full scope of this issue. And the abuse that was happening he said to "take care of it" and deal with it and have the situation rectified.

Moore had direct knowledge and did nothing so that he might make a buck and win a few awards from some euro elitists.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 08:06 AM       
'euro elitists'
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 10:31 AM       
Ronnie, as to Moore's motivation, 'prove it'.

You're like a guy about to be run over by a truck who's so busy complaining about the gum someone spit out in the crosswalk he won't get out of the way.

Moore did a bad thing. We agree. But he's a film maker. Crimes of omission happen all the time at some level.

You go right ahead nd focus your laser like intelligence on this tiny fraction of the world scene.
Mocker
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Bush wasn't notified of the full scope of this issue. And the abuse that was happening he said to "take care of it" and deal with it and have the situation rectified.
prove it