Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 02:27 PM        Hunger Games can suck it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 04:36 PM       
Hunger games is way better than that Japanophile piece of shit.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 04:44 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 05:02 PM       
I see only a few people that mentioned Lord of the Flies.

This concept is as old as there were books and teenagers.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 06:24 PM       
Eh, Lord of the Flies is a LITTLE different.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 09:32 PM       
Kids killing each other. Same thing.

At least it wasn't all BOOO ADULTS BOOO
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 09:47 PM       
that was pretty stupid
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:42 AM       
that katniss chick can suck it whenever she wants to

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM       
I actually agree with Kitsa. It's not an old concept, really, but BR shares enough similarities with Hunger Games that that's what I immediately thought of, too.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM       
It was the best, reading it when I had to have been in the ninth grade. The descriptions of the gore were some of the best I've ever seen in a book - especially where one kid died and it looked like a garbage can behind a sausage factory tipped over.

As far as I understand, The Hunger Games probably couldn't touch that.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:26 AM       
I couldn't be less interested in the Hunger Games. I can't believe I only found out about it two months ago considering how much everyone is talking about it.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM       
i dunno what it is but it reminds me of reindeer games but makes me more hungry

thats my official review of this movie
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:16 AM       
Meh, I saw it and there are worse movies out there.

Not like rip off concepts haven't happened before either. Star Wars: A New Hope was a rip off of some Japanese movie I don't know the name of
BANNED

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:34 AM       
yea right like people watched japanese movies when star wars came out
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM       
I'm going to probably go see it next week. Hopefully the Jr high will be out on Easter break.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM       
I think a big dividing line is this:

You might see a few idiots wearing this sort of stuff around:
blahblah otaku wtfever

But you see one hell of a lot more of this sort of
nonsense.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM       
I haven't seen the movie yet BUT! I'm assuming children (on their own or with their parents help) are dressing up like the character that send the poor, young, uneducated and helpless youth to their death games.

YAY AMERICA!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM       
Shit's just a rip-off of The Running Man

AMIRITE?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM       
I downloaded a bootleg copy of this last week. I still haven't watched it but that one guy in the first 5 min has way better facial hair than any Japanese kid could grow.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:44 AM       
as soon as I even heard about the hunger games BOOKS, I fucking hated them.
the hunger games can suck it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:38 AM       
I watched the movie to see what all the excitement was about. I'd say more, but having serious discussions in the same thread that Womti's posted in feels wrong, so fuck it.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:29 AM       
Fucking Womti.
The Wolf
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM       
Oh, he's banned again. Ok, then.

I kinda liked it. I don't get why it's so hugely popular, really, but it was definitely at least enjoyable. "Katniss" has to be one of the dumbest names I've ever heard, though. I watched Battle Royale immediately after because I love government-mandated events where teens are forced to kill each other, but I like a bit more maturity to it.

teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 11:51 PM       
I saw it in the theater just to be fair to it. It was pretty, and it was entertaining, but it's still just a variation on a theme.
BANNED

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 01:17 AM       
well i guess almost all movies are that

i dont see how it can be as good as running man. steven king writes some good prison movies lol