Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:56 AM        VINCE! This is important!
I see that you got your first hate mail, and have decided to rip into the author in true gung-ho webmaster form.

I couldn't help but notice a problem with your rippin'. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but this kind of stuff can really bite you in the ass. Especially when you're an educated free-thinker; definitely not stupid. No, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Cypert
No samurai would denegrate another person for their taste in music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
This mother fucking cocksucker. What kind of audacity do you have to tell me about what is like to be a Catholic Samurai? Oh, so samurai wouldn't "denegrate" another person for their taste in music? What the hell is "denegrate"? It's DEGENERATE, ASSHOLE! Learn to fucking spell you gov't educated moron before you try to diss me.
Indeed, I agree that "Victor Cypert" needs to learn how to spell, because...

Quote:
den·i·grate
1. To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame.
2. To disparage; belittle: The critics have denigrated our efforts.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=denigrate&r=2
To your credit, "degenerate" is a word and you actually spelled it correctly (and in caps!). Degenerate is an interesting word, though, since it can be used as an adjective, verb or noun.

In that sentence, however, it's obvious that the verb form is utilized, but...

Quote:
degenerate (v)
1. To fall below a normal or desirable state, especially functionally or morally; deteriorate: old water pipes that are degenerating with age; a dispute that degenerated into a brawl.
2. To decline in quality: The quality of his writing degenerated as he continued to drink.
3. To undergo degeneration.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=degenerate
Do you see what I mean? None of the definitions for the verb form of "degenerate" makes sense when used the context that you suggest. A single letter can be classified as a typo; we all make them occasionally, but it seems like you have the bigger problem with language syntax.

You sure ripped "Victor Cypert" a new one, but in the process you barrelled on and ripped yourself along the seam of your pants then bent over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
"You are an embarrassment to your English teacher."
Pure, golden irony. If you meant all of this to be humourous in any way, Vince, you have succeed. You could market yourself as something like "that angry dumb guy that somehow gets his point acruss (sic)".

If you didn't though... maybe you could ask for some help at that private school you work at, rather than being the one doing the helping. The blind leading the blind and all that, you know.