Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 01:57 AM       
The roster they've got is fine, just release the fucking game already.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja View Post
How about we go all out and include Final Fight and Rival Schools. Shoma Sawamura VS Haggar anyone?
How about we just rename the game "Capcom Tournament Fighters" or some shit like that, and include all the characters from every Capcom fighter or beat-em-up
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 02:46 AM       
Didn't Capcom have some game like that planned, but canceled it?
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM       
Woke up this morning and got my copy.

Come get you some on Xbox live bit*hes
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM       
I'm not at my place in the city right now, but as soon as I get back there, IT'S ON!

That was very funny. Well done.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
noooooooooooooooo mine is not here yet some one needs to die

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 11:56 PM       
Sam and I played. We are about wut n wuttt
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 06:53 AM       
I tried to play it on Live today but it seems that I must be the only person in the southern hemisphere with a copy, since it just keeps connecting me to slow servers a billion killometers away no mater what I do.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 12:11 PM       
I love it. My old standbys of Ken and Cammy are still as I love them and I'll probably use El Fuerte a lot too. And Dan, always Dan.

I'm a little upset that they made Vega a charge character though. Vega has been my favorite character in the series since the beginning and I've never been able to use him.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
Vega has always been a charge character.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM       
Has he? I remember him having full-circle moves back in SFII, that's why I never played him. Maybe he turned into a Guile a few games ago and I missed it and I'm just suffering the shock now, but I could swear he used to be like Zangief :[

EDIT - Nope, looking back at the movelist for The New Challengers, yeah, he was always a charge character. Wonder where I got the idea that he was otherwise...
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM       
I think the only other people to have full circle moves were Birdie and T. Hawk
Role Assigner
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM       
Yeah Vega has always been a charge guy. He can wreck face though if you use him correctly (SFII Hyper).

I think with SFIV Sagat is one of the best. I'm pretty good with Ken and Zangief though. RIGHT SAM?

ZanGoodGrief!
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 07:46 PM       
Is this game even worth 60 bucks? It seems it'd be better if it came out at 40 dollars or something.
Role Assigner
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM       
Well tbh if you aren't into fighting games, especially the old skool fighting type, then you probably won't like shelling out 60 bucks for it.

Also, every game would be better if it came out for 40 bucks d:
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 03:39 AM       
After spending some time with it at a friend's place, I don't know if I'd pay 60 bucks for it, and I do like it a lot. It just feels like it should've been titled Super Street Fighter II Turbo 3D.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 04:29 AM       
As far as I can see, the fighting system is far more advanced than back then, just watch those IGN-Strat Videos
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 04:37 AM       
I'm not saying it's just a face lift. Almost every iteration of SF has tweaked the gameplay, this one included. I just don't think the new wrinkles are significant enough to make me run out and shell out 60 bones. Not when multiple versions of SF are accessible and cheap. Plus plenty of used copies will be available in no time.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM       
That´s propably true...the main problem over here is that the game comes out next week and the goddamn fightpads are delayed until april apparently.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 10:10 AM       
I paid 77.2603 US dollars and I don't feel cheated. I am having a blast being pummeled by the computer in Easy mode.

I've never really been into Street Fighter so perhaps this feels completely new to me because of that reason.

Who has arcade sticks? How are people finding them? I was thinking of getting a couple if they enhanced the control/experience in any way, but of course they just seem gimmicky to me at first glance.
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM       
Are you playing on PS3 or 360, Zhukov? I ask because the 360 control pad is a pain (although it feels much more responsive for SFIV than it does for SSFIIHDRemix). I haven't used an arcade stick, but I'd imagine it improving gameplay for 360 players who really want to master the game.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM       
I really like it, but I kinda miss some of the missing cast. I mean, sure, it's hard to balance more characters, but Matoko, Ibuki, and Karen were favorites of mine. Oh well, at least T. Hawk and Dee Jay might be added.

My favorite character's probably Sakura, which is odd, because I can't use her for shit in any of the other games. I like her EX moves a lot, even if her Hadoken is garbage. Ryu's still another standby, though I'm trying to wein myself off of Ryu/Ken. Also, Dan's surprisingly easy to pick up.

I don't suppose anyone has tips for C.Viper? She's pretty badass, but I can't use her for the life of me.

Oozes machismo
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 03:47 AM       
I didn't care for C. Viper either (sorry to be a "not me" post). Her EX/Ultra Combos are pretty badass, though. Rufus, imo, is the easiest new character to learn and succeed with. I don't miss T. Hawk or Dee Jay at all, probably because I never took the time to get to know them. My favorite EX/Ultras are Zangief, Honda, and Abel, but mainly due to their sheer brutality... I really only use my combos in desperation or as finishers. After spending some more time with it, though, it's definitely a great fighter but I still wouldn't pay 60 bucks.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 11:57 AM       
I'd love to play this against you guys, but it seems I'm the only person on I-Mock that uses PSN instead of Xbox Live. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for buying a damn PS3
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM       
What the fuck is with the gay title screen song?

I just got this.

That was very funny. Well done.