Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:47 AM       
very upsetting.

Afghan Star. Also upsetting.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 11:57 PM       
Fantastic Mr. Fox

Thumbs up for this one
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM       
Just saw Ponyo. I never thought I'd put the words "Miyazaki" and "rush job" together, but that's unfortunately what I was thinking through the whole film.

Don't get me wrong, it has some AMAZING imagery and the dub isn't really that bad (it isn't nearly as good as other Disney Ghibli dubs though) but the story is all over the place pacing wise, some places it drags along, some places it breezes by without a second to piece together what exactly is going on.

My biggest problem with the story is the ending. Everything is resolved, yes, but it ends so suddenly and so anti-climatically that you feel something was cut in the US release (which I don't believe is the case). Everyone in the universe has already complained about the dopey theme song and it's completely unnecessary Autotune-remix so I'm not going to complain about it any more here.

It has it's moments, but IMO Ponyo is nowhere near Miyazaki's other films, his true classics.

I don't regret buying the DVD though, that Toy Story 3 trailer is funny as hell and I CANNOT WAIT to see the movie.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM       
I had to urbandictionary IMO because people use it but I never bothered to find out what it meant. I was disapointed when it didn't mean Insanely Multiplayer Online.
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I had to urbandictionary IMO because people use it but I never bothered to find out what it meant. I was disapointed when it didn't mean Insanely Multiplayer Online.
Don't feel bad, I had to look up FWIW yesterday, and then when I did, I was all "OMFGWTFLOL! I can't believe I didn't know that!".

So I guess I need to RTFM from now on, or rather RTFUD.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 10:15 PM       
Darkman. I really liked it, Raimi's good at superhero movies. Will give the sequels a try.

Last edited by captain516 : Mar 25th, 2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Lameass attempt at being funny. What was I thinking?
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain516 View Post
Darkman. I really liked it, Raimi's good at superhero movies. Will give the sequels a try.
OHMANOHMANOHMAN I LOVE DARKMAN! Keep an eye out for the Darkman collection, it has all the Darkman movies in one box.

Also, take it easy on the sequels when you watch them. They're still good movies, but they were released direct-to-video and have a budget to match.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain516 View Post
I ended up going to Marshalls yesterday which is like TJ MAX or some such store. I ended up not getting anything besides a $3 3 stooges DVD but they had DARKMAN for $3 as well.
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 04:43 PM       
UGH. It's the end of my weekend, and ONLY NOW do my Outlaw Star and G Gundam 1 & 2 complete DVD box sets come in! >_<

It's a good thing I have seen both of these shows multiple times, otherwise there would be trouble. I pity the foo' who deprives me of animu.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM       
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM       
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.

Someone kill me. Please.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:11 PM       
Boondock Saints II.

Two thumbs down. Except for.....Raveeeeeen.
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 03:06 AM       
Currently trying to watch A History Of Violence, but it's really boring and my friend keeps texting... >_<
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 10:49 AM       
Oh my god you are 100% wrong. That movie is great and Viggo is my hero.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM       
I've heard that movie is anything BUT boring.
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I've heard that movie is anything BUT boring.
Well it was late at night, and my friend kept distracting me by texting me. "PHUKIT MAN MUH GOD UV WAR IZ FROZED UP.. CN'T BEET HEYFESTUS" >_>

I will give it another chance later, but now there is no more weekend left.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM       
Exactly.

I think that his family was a little too perfect, but there was certainly no lack of interesting twist, story, suspense or action.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM       
OR STAIRWAY LOVE ACTION
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunexus View Post
Well it was late at night, and my friend kept distracting me by texting me. "PHUKIT MAN MUH GOD UV WAR IZ FROZED UP.. CN'T BEET HEYFESTUS" >_>

I will give it another chance later, but now there is no more weekend left.
Why are you such a fucking sellout?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 05:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Oh my god you are 100% wrong. That movie is great and Viggo is my hero.
Speaking of ole Viggo... Anyone here seen The Road? Any good?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 10:53 PM       
I saw the Road and it was pretty good. I never read the book so I can't compare it. Definitely worth it to rent for a night.

I liked No Country for Old Men more. Not sure if that means anything but both were based on books by the same author.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 10:57 PM       
Yeah, I saw the movie and read the book. Both very grim, but good.

It's quality.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 10:38 AM       
Thank you good sirs.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM       
Just finished watching Clue.
It's one of those movies that I've seen a hundred times and never get tired of.